Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-14-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Cowboys stadium is Jinxed

holy cow
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
DALLAS (AP)—An electrician working at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium died Saturday when he touched a high-voltage line, the second serious accident at the construction site in less than a week.

The man was standing on a ladder and performing an electrical test when he touched the power line, said Neal Strasser, a battalion chief with the Arlington Fire Department.

The man became wedged between the ladder and the stadium wall. A co-worker carried him to the ground and tried to revive him, Strasser said.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Web site identified the man as Timothy Mackinnon, 45, of Arlington. He worked for JMEG Electric, a subcontractor hired by the stadium’s general contractor, Manhattan Construction.

The accident happened around 11 a.m. The fire department received an emergency call at 11:05 a.m. and arrived within five minutes, but revival attempts at the scene were unsuccessful. Mackinnon was pronounced dead at Arlington Memorial Hospital.
Quote:
The death comes two days after a crane accident at the construction site sent three workers to the hospital. Two were treated and released, while the third, Wesley Harlow, was in serious condition Saturday, said a spokeswoman at Baylor University Medical Center.
Quote:
There have been at least two other accidents at the stadium site that left workers hospitalized.

In August, a crane hook hit a worker in the back. He was sent to the hospital and released the next day. In January 2007, a stadium worker fell 20 feet through a hole between stadium levels. He was hospitalized in critical condition but recovered and later returned to work.

The more than $1 billion retractable-roof stadium has been under construction for two years and is scheduled to open for the 2009 season and host the 2011 Super Bowl. The 80,000-seat stadium is expected to be the world’s largest column-free room, with retractable panels.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Cowboys stadium is Jinxed

Anyone get the feeling someone on the crew buried a David Carr Jersey underneath the concrete?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, with all the injuries they're having it's probably a Bennie Joppru jersey that was autographed by Tony Boselli that somebody buried under that stadium.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like something out of Independence Day to me.

http://www.wxnation.com/supersites/
Old 06-15-2008   #5
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I don't know, with all the injuries they're having it's probably a Bennie Joppru jersey that was autographed by Tony Boselli that somebody buried under that stadium.
First of all my condolences to the family of the worker. May he rest in peace.

I do have to say your statement about all the injuries is just hilarious!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually know Wesley Harlow. He is the cousin from a good friend I have in Arlington still (from when I lived there, and I'm actually moving back this August, but anyway), he is in good condition know from the last time I talked to her (my friend is his cousin).
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

blessings to the work crews and contractors. hopefully someone elses shoddy worksmanship didn't contribute to these contractors deaths. in a job of this magnitude with deadlines, sometimes things fall under the cracks. I hope the accidents were just that 'accidents' and not due to negligence. I think the families of the contractors should get some comp seats for their inaugural season aside from their own insurance settlement as a gesture of thanks. A lot of huge structures have withstood fatalities during their construction. God bless these contractor's families.
Old 06-15-2008   #8
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 130745 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll pray for the family of the guy who died, and pray that no one else meets their demise. my one wish that any bad luck in that stadium...is reserved for those in silver in blue with little stars on their heads.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Given the two recent incidents, I hope the contractor team isn't letting schedule pressure or even milestone incentives get in the way of safety. I've seen it many times. You get caught up in it and despite all good intentions, before you know it, it's too late.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a good friend that is involved in the stadium from an engineering aspect. There is no pushing the workers to meet deadlines, etc. These were tragic accidents and nothing more.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Having been in and around construction for the better part of 15 years, accidents happen. Period. We were fortunate out at Reliant Stadium with only a few minor injuries, but let's also remember 3 died during the construction of Miller Park when 'Big Blue' (crane) collapsed....
Old 06-16-2008   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

There have been 2 accidents in NYC recently involving cranes if I remember correctly. Very sad.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Video from Big Blue's accident. It's hauling what appears to be one of the roof panels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slEWQQ6TGr4

Imagine being a worker inside the stadium and looking overhead to see that coming down....
Old 06-16-2008   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

God bless the guy that died and may he R.I.P.
Old 06-16-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Looks like something out of Independence Day to me.

http://www.wxnation.com/supersites/
To me it looks to be a nice place for asshats to unite.
Old 06-16-2008   #16
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

damn he died in the stadium without seeing one game played in it.......R.I.P.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read