Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Best runningbacks in the division
A. Green/C. Brown/D. Walker/S. Slaton (Texans) 6 11.11%
F. Taylor/M. Jones-Drew/L. Toefield (Jags) 46 85.19%
J. Addai/K. Keith/D. Rhodes (Colts) 2 3.70%
L. White/C. Henry/C. Johnson (Titans) 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2008   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ranking the AFC South: RB's

Here you guys go. Same as before, vote or die.

I went with the Jags again :sad:
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Ranking the AFC South: RB's

i think we're in 3rd ahead of the titans.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much went with the Jags too.

Although, if it were a war of attrition, I just might give us the nod since we have 4 guys listed to everyone else's three...

Old 06-11-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags, and #2 is not real close. Toefield is gone, but the Jags picked up USC's Chauncey Washington in the draft. Though FB Greg Jones would probably move into a 1 back set, if Jones-Drew & Taylor both went down.
Old 06-11-2008   #5
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice to see one anonymous homer.
Old 06-11-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It's funny because as much optimism I have about our running game and O-lines, I still think the Texans really have to prove it on the field vs the South. Really and truly, I want to sweep the Titans more than anything, but as long as the Titans have that defense, I don't know if that's possible.

I'm impressed with the Jags team, and I think their bread and butter on their offense is the run game. Once the WR and TE polls happen I imagine the Texans will be 1 or 2 in each category.
Old 06-11-2008   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
...but as long as the Titans have that defense, I don't know if that's possible.
The Titans made a huge jump from '06 to '07 in defense ranking. Then, they lost 2 DEs and Haynesworth has not gotten paid. And even if he does, will he be the same player as contract year Haynesworth? Who knows what kind of defense the Titans put on the field in 2008?
Old 06-11-2008   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Titans made a huge jump from '06 to '07 in defense ranking. Then, they lost 2 DEs and Haynesworth has not gotten paid. And even if he does, will he be the same player as contract year Haynesworth? Who knows what kind of defense the Titans put on the field in 2008?
I'm going to assume as long as they have Fat Al, and KVB (And they got Kearse back too who was very good at one point in his career) that they will still be allright on D. I have to assume that until they prove otherwise. They did lose Odom and LaBoy, but those guys weren't nearly as important as the two named above.

Fat Albert reverting back to mediocre could be interesting, but he has to show me that he sucks again.
Old 06-11-2008   #9
wicked_wayz
all blacks

ima have to admit the titans have a pretty good running back duo in chris johnson and white
Old 06-11-2008   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
ima have to admit the titans have a pretty good running back duo in chris johnson and white
How on earth is Chris Johnson a good running back when he's never even taken a real live snap in a regular season game?

COME ON MAN!
Old 06-11-2008   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I am the guy who went Colts.

Might be disagreeable but I think Addai is the most well rounded starter in the division and Rhodes makes a serviceable backup....I am also curious about Mike Hart being put into the mix there.

I like the Jags Tandem but last year was the first clear year I can recall Taylor being fully healthy. I know MJD is dynamic and I am curious to see Washington this year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I pulled a and went Texans.

Old 06-11-2008   #13
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
How on earth is Chris Johnson a good running back when he's never even taken a real live snap in a regular season game?

COME ON MAN!
i don't know i guess im a sucker for chris johnsons speed
Old 06-12-2008   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

COME ON MAN!
True, but you're overlooking the fact that the other RB he mentioned (Lendale) should never be confused with a good NFL RB either. For all the grief this board gave Dayne, Lendale's pretty much the same guy.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
True, but you're overlooking the fact that the other RB he mentioned (Lendale) should never be confused with a good NFL RB either. For all the grief this board gave Dayne, Lendale's pretty much the same guy.
I have to disagree here. Lenwhale has a similar body type, but he actually has a little vision while toting the rock. Dayne, Pffft! The dude couldn't find a hole if his life depended on it. He couldn't get to the outside. He never, ever saw the cutback lane...etc...etc.
Old 06-12-2008   #16
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Jax because they may have the best running back in the division in Jones-Drew. I hate saying that but iiwii.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I initially thought of the Colts for some reason. I really like their set of RB's and fits perfectly for their team... Hart was a great pick up for them as he probably won't get much playing time but will be such a solid player when he goes in. Great guy to have pushing all the other players in training camp too, for what its worth- tough competitor.

But you can't pass on the Jags. MJD is such a stud and pairs perfectly with Taylor. Washington should be a good back up to have too.

1. Jags
2. Colts
3. Texans
4. Titans

I don't think we're in the same ballpark as the Jags and Colts RB-wise, but our RB's fit our system so great. Chris Brown sounds to be doing great (in practice), Slaton-HR threat, Walker performed great last year as an udfa, Kubiak really likes Taylor. Green is good when healthy but this is probably his last year (if he makes it). So all in all we don't really have that one stud Addai, MJD) or THAT much of an exciting group but they are going to get the job done and I'm sure we'll be in the top half of the league in rushing.

Titans have a lot of potential with their group of RB's but that team (and draft philosophy) just confuses me SO much.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #18
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I went with Jacksonville as well. But just because they have the best running backs doesn't mean they'll have the best rushing season. We have Gibbs!
Old 06-12-2008   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

With the first thing i said in here i still voted for us. The homer in me is kicking right now
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I have to disagree here. Lenwhale has a similar body type, but he actually has a little vision while toting the rock. Dayne, Pffft! The dude couldn't find a hole if his life depended on it. He couldn't get to the outside. He never, ever saw the cutback lane...etc...etc.
in 2007, White had a 3.7 ypc avg. compared to Dayne's 4.0. Neither is great, but under 4.0 with the O-line that White had is really bad. Also, with over 300 carries, White had all of 4 carries for 20-plus yards, and zero for over 30. With approx. 2/3 of the carries, Dayne had 5 carries in excess of 20 yards with one being in excess of 30.

Maybe on paper White should be better, but on the field he's the same guy.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read