Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2004   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe there's anything wrong with Carr's arm. I've seen him throw several passes side-armed or mostly side-armed when doing so was actually a good thing. Also, when he gets balls tipped, you have to remember that that's partially because the D-linemen are like 3 ft. away from him, instead of 5 yds. away from him like they should be. He may need to work on his throwing habits some, but his arm is fine.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #22
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

A significant portion of Carr's sidearm throws are directly related to the defensive person in his face. He very seldom has the ability to step up and throw the ball. It also has to do with the lack of throwing lanes in general.
The touchdown pass to Well's was thrown around a defensive lineman.
He also throws sidearm when on the run and pretty accurately when a receiver is open.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #23
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not so much that he is throwing sidearm, he did that in college, but that his accuracy and it seems like his arm strength have deminnished since the start of the year when he was coming over the top with his passes. Just compare his rating for the first 4-5 and his last 4-5. Big difference.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #24
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The question was asked by somebody in David's column in the Chronicle and I believe he said that there was nothing wrong with his shoulder and that he throws the ball different ways.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #25
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
If you're listening to 610 right now, Capers has been asked a couple of times
if Carr has an injury to his throwing arm, and Capers has not point blank said: "no, Dave's arm is fine". Instead, he says stuff like "Dave looks OK in practice". What does that mean ? Coach, you should know if you're QB is injured or not. Maybe its me. Or maybe Capers parses his words too much.
Or maybe Carr has a problem with his arm.
Being it was 100 degrees below zero this past Sun. I dont think we can judge BAD throws.I just watched the game again,and I would be more concerned about his knee.Looking at the tape again,it looked like another inch and he would have blown his knee out
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Well maybe cept Wand, he gives a lot of sacks, but he always manage to slow them down before hitting Carr.
I guess you don't remember the shot that laid out Carr in the Jets game. Eric Barton blew by Wand untouched on that hit. Carr completed the pass to AJ, but left the field for one play. I can remember another sack in the Lion game where Wand blocked no one & let a LB free in the backfield. Your 1st instinct was correct, it's on all of the linemen.
Old 12-21-2004   #27
johnson131

Angry Carr NEEDS TO GO

He needs to be traded. he waits to long to throw the ball and caint scramble.
I know the line needs help but if he would get ride of the ball in a timely manner I dont think it would be as big an issue. I went to the Idy game and I could not believe how many recv'rs were open and he did'nt throw????? Then threw short at the end of the game. This guy is bad put in banks of the tech rookie maybe the line will block for them????????????????
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2004   #28
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson131
I know the line needs help but if he would get ride of the ball in a timely manner I dont think it would be as big an issue. I went to the Idy game and I could not believe how many recv'rs were open and he did'nt throw????? Then threw short at the end of the game. This guy is bad put in banks of the tech rookie maybe the line will block for them????????????????
Hahahhahahahahahhahahaha. You are better off finding another team to track if you dont like David. He IS the Houston Texans, and will be for the next 10 or so years.

GET USED TO IT!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #29
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson131
Your post doesn't really deserve a response, but I couldn't resist. You are either very ignorant or too young to know any better. Judging your grammar skills, it may be a combination of both.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #30
redlion
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I believe the NFL has a rule about reporting injuries...in other words you can be fined for not reporting them.
I heard that on 610 about two weeks ago. They said if it is found out at the end of the season that he played injured and did not report it he and the texans org. face fines from the nfl.
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read