Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' Williams looking for more in 2008

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...99&section=nfl

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Mario Williams was drafted by the Houston Texans because they considered the defensive end a can't-miss prospect with a rare combination of size, speed and athleticism.

What they couldn't know then was how he'd respond once he experienced NFL success.

After his breakout 14-sack season, Houston is seeing that it has only increased his drive to show that last year was simply a sampling of just how good he can be.

"I just know what I did wasn't good enough for me," Williams said in an interview with The Associated Press. "Every year you've got to say: 'I've got room to improve. I've got to improve.' So that's how I see it."

Williams doesn't think of his progress in statistical terms but rather in how much his play can help the team. If there were a slogan for his mature, new attitude it would likely be something like "Never satisfied."

Ask him what kind of production would be good enough for him and get this response: "It never will be. It can't be. If I was ever at the point where I said it was good enough, then I wouldn't or shouldn't be playing."

Williams was dominant late last season, getting 10 sacks in the past seven games. His improvement has carried over into this spring. Teammates and coaches have raved about his work ethic and skills in Houston's offseason workouts, which wrapped up Monday.

"Mario's picked up right where he left off at the end of the season," defensive end Anthony Weaver said. "He's a monster out there. It's not a matter of if they can stop him. It's about him stopping himself."

Williams always had the physical skills necessary for success in this league, but in the more than two years since he was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft, he's developed the mind-set and maturity integral in long-term success.
I had to do a double take, must have hurt ESPiN to post that article
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #2
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Default Re: Texans' Williams looking for more in 2008

"He's a monster out there. It's not a matter of if they can stop him. It's about him stopping himself."

you gotta love it
Old 06-10-2008   #3
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

it has to help d. brown having to play against mario, like d freeney vs ugoh.
if he can go against mario in practice day in and out, he will be able to match up with ANY DE in the league. mannn its goo that mario proved everyboy wrong. props to him for grindin hard'
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #4
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Last season, Mario showed what he's about and people started to take notice. This year, he's going to have the Pro Bowl voter's attention from the get go.

I'm hoping he has a MONSTER year.
Old 06-10-2008   #5
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN doing a favorable article on Texans......must be a typo....spit:
I hate ESPN.....they usually are bashing our team......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
ESPN doing a favorable article on Texans......must be a typo....spit:
I hate ESPN.....they usually are bashing our team......
Pretty sure there's a "not" missing in the article somewhere?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read