Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2008   #41
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage ranked as #1 back-up in NFL

Hmmm my voodoo isn't working, time for an animal sacrifice to pump up the juice.....

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #42
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Should have started the second half last week.
Schaub still deserves a little more time. If Carr got 5 years, Schaub at least should be allowed a season and a half.

A few more games like the Steelers game and I am with you. Hold on to your chant until we know for sure what we have in Schaub. He has shown promise, but nothing is certain just yet.
Old 09-11-2008   #43
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Hmmm my voodoo isn't working, time for an animal sacrifice to pump up the juice.....

[/Close thread]
Old 09-11-2008   #44
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya, I'm not in the full bench Schaub mode. Not yet. I do think he made some silly mistakes last week and I hope they were because his head was a little cloudy from the hit he took. I'm hoping he kicks some arse this week, wherever that may be (Ike take a hike!!!)
Old 09-11-2008   #45
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I'm hoping he kicks some arse this week, wherever that may be (Ike take a hike!!!)
I read in another article that the game may be played at Reliant on Monday.
Old 09-11-2008   #46
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the instant Leach missed his assingment & Woodley went untouched & impaled Schaub into the Riverfront tundra Sage should have started warming up. We know Schaub is tough & didn't want to come out he's a warrior & we respect that about him but he needed to take the rest of the 1st half off & screw his collective bearing back on his shoulders, that was a standing 8 count if I ever saw one. Yet Kubes in all his wisdom left him in for more punishment & mishap, thereby costing the team any chance to make a game of it.

Sage knows how to run the offense, he is also confident & competitive. He throws on the run exceptionally well & challenges coverage downfield putting pressure on the defense. In a game like the one in Pittsburgh where protection is breaking down you need a mobile QB that can make an aggressive defense pay with some big plays out of the pocket. still would have been next to impossible win but at least a better assesment of Schaubs condition made to start, or not, the 2nd half & keeping the Texans a little closer

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #47
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Sage ranked as #1 back-up in NFL

I agree - because I think he's better than 5 or 6 starters I can think of off the top of my head, maybe more.

I honestly felt awkward when I saw him the other morning. I don't buy the "he hasn't been a starter for a reason" logic and feel he should be starting some where.

I'm glad he's here, but I feel bad becuase I know he really wants to start.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2008   #48
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
the instant Leach missed his assingment & Woodley went untouched & impaled Schaub into the Riverfront tundra Sage should have started warming up. We know Schaub is tough & didn't want to come out he's a warrior & we respect that about him but he needed to take the rest of the 1st half off & screw his collective bearing back on his shoulders, that was a standing 8 count if I ever saw one. Yet Kubes in all his wisdom left him in for more punishment & mishap, thereby costing the team any chance to make a game of it.

Sage knows how to run the offense, he is also confident & competitive. He throws on the run exceptionally well & challenges coverage downfield putting pressure on the defense. In a game like the one in Pittsburgh where protection is breaking down you need a mobile QB that can make an aggressive defense pay with some big plays out of the pocket. still would have been next to impossible win but at least a better assesment of Schaubs condition made to start, or not, the 2nd half & keeping the Texans a little closer
I agree but I can see where perhaps Schaub and Kubiak made a good decision. Maybe not the right one, but a good one. Schaub hasn't proven to this team that he can withstand a full season, there were questions of his toughness all offseason and preseason. Taking him out would've put a little bit of doubt in the rest of the team on Schaub, either for the rest of the season or second half. I know if he came out, I would've been more scared in the second half if he came back in even if I thought he was hurt or not. I would've thought to myself this guy is only going to get hurt worse. Him staying in puts the weight on me to try and make sure he doesn't get touched anymore and to make the catches necessary.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #49
Polo

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=50944&page=2
Old 09-11-2008   #50
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I agree but I can see where perhaps Schaub and Kubiak made a good decision. Maybe not the right one, but a good one. Schaub hasn't proven to this team that he can withstand a full season, there were questions of his toughness all offseason and preseason. Taking him out would've put a little bit of doubt in the rest of the team on Schaub, either for the rest of the season or second half. I know if he came out, I would've been more scared in the second half if he came back in even if I thought he was hurt or not. I would've thought to myself this guy is only going to get hurt worse. Him staying in puts the weight on me to try and make sure he doesn't get touched anymore and to make the catches necessary.
I'm not sure I'm with you on that. Schaub was woozy after the hit. There's nothing wrong with letting Sage run the show for a series or two until Schaub cleared the cobwebs from his head. I'm not saying yank Schaub for the game, just until he was clearheaded again.

And I agree, if they don't want woozy QB, then block better dammit!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #51
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Sage the best back-up in the NFL ?

i agree that when he got hit he should have been taken out at least until he got his head cleared... that was brutal but they shouldn't take away his job. come on one iffy game. key word there is ONE and he still threw for 202 yards with a 75% completion rate. you can't yank him for that after what Carr did his last year on the team. another thing to point out is that Schaub ISNT Carr. while Carr couldn't get the ball out of his hand even if the line was decent Schaub makes quick decisions and its not like this Int thing has been a habit of his so give him until he starts getting consistently erratic with the ball and then take him out. hopefully that never happens and i know it sounds like im saying that its inevitable but thats not what im saying its just how it sounds.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read