Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2008   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Sage the best back-up in the NFL ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
No Brady Quinn fans here ?
Seriously, Brady Quinn has to see a few snaps in regular games before I label him a good backup, nawwhutimeenbroheezy?
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #22
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No Brady Quinn fans here ?
Is this why you're a fan Polo? Were you the one in the middle? Come on now, be honest...........

Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #23
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, let's think about it this way: what semi-proven QBs (i.e. besides guys like JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn) would you trade Sage for heads-up?

Going division by division (Numbering as I go, these are not rankings):
AFC EAST:
1. Brady

AFC SOUTH:
2. Peyton
3. Schaub--some here will disagree, but he's proven it to Kubiak
4. Garrard--only one good season, but it was very, very good
5. Young--giving a generous benefit of the doubt
6. Kerry Collins--he looked good torching us earlier in the year

AFC CENTRAL:
7. Carson Palmer
8. Roethlisberger
9. Derek Anderson--see Garrard and then some
10. Charlie Batch--he's proven more than Sage has, but it is close

AFC WEST:
11. Philip Rivers--though he has benefitted greatly from a close-to-peerless supporting cast
12. Cutler--and this is really, really, really close

NFC East:
13. Romo
14. Eli
15. McNabb, but that's really looking shaky now.
(I just can't say Todd Collins)

NFC Central:
16. Kitna

NFC South:
17. Brees
18. Delhomme
19. Jeff Garcia

NFC West:
20. Kurt Warner
21. Leinart--though calling him even semi-proven is a stretch
21. Hasselbeck
22. Bulger

That's it. Certainly there are some young guys who will be bursting onto this list in the next few seasons. But as of today, these are the only guys that I would consider upgrades (and, in some cases, only marginally so) over our current backup.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

How about this one instead?

b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #25
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Is this why you're a fan Polo?
Says the guy who has saved a picture of men touching eachother...
Old 06-09-2008   #26
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Says the guy who has saved a picture of men touching eachother...
If you only knew 1/2 the stuff I've "saved" for a later use......
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #27
Polo

Quote:
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2008   #28
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is very disturbing, almost as much as Diapher and all the stuff she has on her comp.
Old 06-09-2008   #29
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
Actually, let's think about it this way: what semi-proven QBs (i.e. besides guys like JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn) would you trade Sage for heads-up?

Going division by division (Numbering as I go, these are not rankings):
AFC EAST:
1. Brady

AFC SOUTH:
2. Peyton
3. Schaub--some here will disagree, but he's proven it to Kubiak
4. Garrard--only one good season, but it was very, very good
5. Young--giving a generous benefit of the doubt
6. Kerry Collins--he looked good torching us earlier in the year

AFC CENTRAL:
7. Carson Palmer
8. Roethlisberger
9. Derek Anderson--see Garrard and then some
10. Charlie Batch--he's proven more than Sage has, but it is close

AFC WEST:
11. Philip Rivers--though he has benefitted greatly from a close-to-peerless supporting cast
12. Cutler--and this is really, really, really close

NFC East:
13. Romo
14. Eli
15. McNabb, but that's really looking shaky now.
(I just can't say Todd Collins)

NFC Central:
16. Kitna

NFC South:
17. Brees
18. Delhomme
19. Jeff Garcia

NFC West:
20. Kurt Warner
21. Leinart--though calling him even semi-proven is a stretch
21. Hasselbeck
22. Bulger

That's it. Certainly there are some young guys who will be bursting onto this list in the next few seasons. But as of today, these are the only guys that I would consider upgrades (and, in some cases, only marginally so) over our current backup.
You should probably lable some of these, "for one year," because Batch, Kitna, McNabb, Collins and Garcia are in the last 1-2 years of their career.

I also can't agree with some of these... I mean it's a personal preference of players but a guy like Delhomme who havn't produced in a few years I would take off.

2 guys not on your list are Trent Edwards (BUF) and (a very unpopular choice on my part) Tarvaris Jackson (MIN). The guy's number 1 guy last year was a rook, and paired with a running game that is flat out explosive Jackson may not be HOF but he'll stick as a starter.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #30
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a piece on this situation on Fox Sports Extra last night . Sage sure did seem that he really wants to start somewhere . He didn't seem pissed , he just seemed a bit irritated with the situation .

I do think he is one of the top backups in the league though . I'm glad we have him on our team .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #31
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
If not THE best, then certainly one of the best for "our Offense".

He's a gun-slinger like Favre was, but w/o the same level of arm-strength and accuracy.
I respect your opinion a lot but to have Sage Rosenfels in the same sentence as Favre is rediculous.

Best backup IMO is Warner. Former MVP and SB winner Dunno if any other has that resume.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #32
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uhh... Guys. We are to the point that its ok to start comparing our starting players to other teams frontline players.

Seriously, there are probably several guys who are excellent backups in the league. My vote, Jeff Garcia, Feeley, Warner/Leinheart. Hopefully we all forget about Sage this year because Schaub pays all season.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #33
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

For right now, the best backup is Warner.

Week 5, when someone goes down, it'll be Testaverde.
Old 09-10-2008   #34
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sage ranked as #1 back-up in NFL

Hey we're number 1 in something....... I thought this part on Carr was pretty funny-Although horrendous with Carolina in 2007, the top overall pick in the 2002 draft has a chance to get his NFL career back on track working with Giants quarterbacks guru Chris Palmer http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory...&photo=8544352

Last edited by euro-Texan; 09-10-2008 at 11:36 PM.
euro-Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #35
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage ranked as #1 back-up in NFL

I think that Sage is fairly rated as the best backup in the NFL. I donít agree with a lot of the other rankings though.

Thanks for the article.
Old 09-11-2008   #36
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I had him as the #1 backup last year too, and not just because I'm a homer.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #37
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

and yet no qb controversy....
Old 09-11-2008   #38
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am using my voodoo magic to stop this becoming a start Sage thread!!
Old 09-11-2008   #39
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

I am using my voodoo magic to stop this becoming a start Sage thread!!
Start Sage now!
Old 09-11-2008   #40
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Start Sage now!
Should have started the second half last week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read