Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: The best offensive line in the AFC South
D.Brown/E. Salaam, C. Pitts, C. Meyers, M. Brisiel/F. Weary, E. Winston 6 16.22%
T. Ugoh, R. Lilja, J. Saturday, M. Pollak??, R. Diem (Colts) 23 62.16%
K. Barnes, V. Manuwai, B. Meester, D. Norman, A. Pashos (Jags) 7 18.92%
M. Roos, E. Amano, K. Mawae, J. Scott, J. Stewart (Titans) 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2008   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ranking the AFC South: Offensive Lines

Same as the QB discussion, vote for the best offensive line unit in the AFC South. This is quite a bit tougher for me, and I think that Jacksonville has always had at least a decent line.

And yes, I realize we have Alex Gibbs, but I'm only rating the players. I think right now the Texans have to prove they have a good line before we all assume it.

Anyways, vote on!

EDIT: The only position i'm not sure about is the Colts RG

Last edited by b0ng; 06-08-2008 at 09:17 PM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ranking the AFC South: Offensive Lines

I hate replying to my own thread, but why do some of you feel that the Texans have the best offensive line?
Old 06-09-2008   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of these lines are better than the sum of their individual parts. Since the the Jags are the only line that returns intact (Maurice Williams is at RG), and they ran the ball so effectively, I give the edge to Jacksonville.
Old 06-09-2008   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with the Colts. Manning is like a statue back there, and they've done a pretty good job of keeping him upright for the most part. And they've consistently had a great running game for many years, so they get my vote out of respect for the powerhouse that they've become.
Old 06-09-2008   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I hate replying to my own thread, but why do some of you feel that the Texans have the best offensive line?
Maybe it's because ours has seven guys and everyone else just has five.
ChampionTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts. Peyton Manning stays upright. Texans in second though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes the QB play can make the OL look good/bad.

Example......

Manning = makes his OL look better
Carr = makes his OL look worse than it really is.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2008   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Example......

True. With essential the same OL (I think the exact same OL), without Carr, we were able to cut our sacks in half. Beautiful.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Example......

That's what I think. I think the Colts line is not above the Jags just because they don't get all of the running yards that the Jags do. Manning does one hell of a job keeping his jersey clean on his own, with his quick release and almost pinpoint accuracy, it's hard to make him look bad no matter how mediocre his line is.
Old 06-09-2008   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think all 4 teams are putting out good lines at the moment, part of why the AFC South is such a strong division.

I think that at this stage our OLine is about to take the leap into the upper echelon, they laid a good platform last year in the passing game and expect the run game to get there this year.

I went with the Colts.
Old 06-09-2008   #11
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Ranking the AFC South: Offensive Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I think all 4 teams are putting out good lines at the moment, part of why the AFC South is such a strong division.

I think that at this stage our OLine is about to take the leap into the upper echelon, they laid a good platform last year in the passing game and expect the run game to get there this year.

I went with the Colts.
I agree with you about our OL. But I went with Jacksonville.
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts.

They just restocked the interior on the line and are set at LT for a while. Last year they what go to their third option at LT and still do well. Manning is great but they do a good job as a unit and they open up great holes for Addai.

Texans are vastly improved but these guys are going to need sometimes to gel considering we are looking at a new center, possibly a new RG and Brown will be inserted into the starting lineup this year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #13
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Because I'm a homer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read