Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2008   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Can they invite to camp .. ala baseball .. as a nonroster invitee?
No, he would have to be on the roster to participate in camp.
Old 06-07-2008   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 246968 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a very strong belief from the "feel" of this article and the very widely known Texans pattern of never telling anyone the truth about any injury regardless of it's severity (a pattern that continues through a coaching and GM change I might add) that we will never see Charles Spencer on the field again. There's just something about the way all of this was written that says loudly "Everyone knows this man is done except for him and all of you..." This feels like Tony Boselli. This feels a little bit like Domanick Davis.

If Charles Spencer even makes it to training camp the Texans will be talking about what a great effort he put forth to get back to where he is and what a shame it is that his career was ended so early. They'll wish him the best and that'll be it.
Old 06-07-2008   #23
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I have a very strong belief from the "feel" of this article and the very widely known Texans pattern of never telling anyone the truth about any injury regardless of it's severity (a pattern that continues through a coaching and GM change I might add) that we will never see Charles Spencer on the field again. There's just something about the way all of this was written that says loudly "Everyone knows this man is done except for him and all of you..." This feels like Tony Boselli. This feels a little bit like Domanick Davis.

If Charles Spencer even makes it to training camp the Texans will be talking about what a great effort he put forth to get back to where he is and what a shame it is that his career was ended so early. They'll wish him the best and that'll be it.

I'm about as optimistic as any poster on these boards. I also tend to give the organization the benefit of the doubt...

I agree with literally every word from Hervoyel. Two weeks ago I was arguing with the entire board about the possibility of Spencer at RT and moving Winston to RG. However, I think they've made the writing on the wall pretty freakin' clear.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The IR is different. I guess that is a possibility, though he wouldn't be able to practice with the team while he's on the IR, I don't think.
Unless he plays for NE - You can NOT practice with the team while on IR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Knowing that plus this latest example has me wondering what is really going on with DRob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #26
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Knowing that plus this latest example has me wondering what is really going on with DRob.
Why does it have you wondering about DRob? Has there been something you've seen that's given you cause for concern?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #27
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles Spencer is quickly turning into one of my favorite players. A lot of people would have quit by now. I must tip my hat to him and I'll buy him a beer when I'm old enough.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2008   #28
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Looks like he's done here. If he doesn't make the 80, we'll never see him again. If he can make this cut, then I think he may go to the practice squad. I don't see PUP happening because he can't participate in training camp if he's PUP'd... And, he can't miss another training camp and then have any value to the club in midseason.
The other issue with the PUP is those players count against the 80 teams can take to camp. That's the real issue the Texans are facing. They've lost 7 roster spots because of NFL Europe and it's going to be tough to carry him if he can't participate. They could IR him, but then he's definitely lost for the season. It's a tough call.
Old 06-08-2008   #29
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73156 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I never thought Spencer would make it back. I would have been shocked to the core if he ever made it back on the field. His injury was just too severe. The biggest issue I have with this organization, still, is it's unwillingness to level with us about players who they really know that have career-ending injuries.

They strung us along with Tony Boselli. They strung us along with Domanick Davis. They strung us along with Charles Spencer. And they are going to string us along with Dunta Robinson.

Just fricken pisses me off.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #30
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think our organization is what yall saying about not telling the truth.

Boselli was with diifferent FO and with Dominick, Kubiak came in Texans organization after his injury. So, Kubiak did not know what to expect from Dominick. By looking at from his past performance, he could been an asset to his team. However, turned out to be Dominick's injury was too severe and you know the rest of the story. To me, for Spencer, Kubiak gave him a chance to return if there is a chance even a slim chance. Because, Kubiak drafted him and he was so promising to become our future LT. Even with seemgly severy injury situation, some are able to come back and some are not. Simple as that.

I wish the best to Spencer as I was so high on him.(There's still hope in me that Spencer puts on TEXANS uni in this coming season)

Go Texans!!

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 06-08-2008 at 07:17 AM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #31
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

it would be such a shame if we let him go, another reason why you can't blame these guys for holding out and getting all the guaranteed money they can, never know when it's your last play, can't believe a teammate cost him everything
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #32
ocd
Rookie

Well, it's a very tough contact sport. And on that note...

ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #33
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
This is the Ugly side of the NFL. Can we jail Ron Dayne for hit and run?

run is such a strong word (for dayne anyway)..

it was more like a hit and rumble
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #34
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting to look kind of nasty for Big Nasty. Dang, I hate to think that it's going go that way. I knew the odds were real long, but just like most everyone here, I was pulling hard for the big guy.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #35
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Given the turn of events, really, Ron Dayne should have earned the nick Big Nasty
Old 06-08-2008   #36
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno for sure, but didn't both Bosseli and Dominigue both put some pads on and make it to the practice field in one capacity or another ? But Spencer has not even done that so far and that's after 2 years of rehab. Not at all encouraging but Kubiak seemed optimistic all along and many times expressed an opinion that ultimately Spencer would play again, though he was also intentionally vague about when that would be ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #37
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Hervoyel. I never thought he would make it back but I was sure rooting for him...and still am.

Good luck Charles - I'm hoping you make it back on the field in a Texan uniform.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno for sure, but didn't both Bosseli and Dominigue both put some pads on and make it to the practice field in one capacity or another ? But Spencer has not even done that so far and that's after 2 years of rehab. Not at all encouraging but Kubiak seemed optimistic all along and many times expressed an opinion that ultimately Spencer would play again, though he was also intentionally vague about when that would be ?
Boselli never made it to a padded practice........his shoulder range of motion up until his release was significantly compromised..........the Texans weren't about to take on additional liablity with further injury.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #39
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They strung us along with Tony Boselli. They strung us along with Domanick Davis. They strung us along with Charles Spencer. And they are going to string us along with Dunta Robinson.
I agree to a varying extent on your comments regarding Boselli, Davis, and Spencer. Though I think these players share in the blame. However, Robinson is well ahead of schedule in his rehab, according to everything I've heard. In fact, the Texans have tried to downplay how quickly Dunta might return. I can't lump Robinson's injury in with the rest.

Other than Lance Zierlein, you don't get a lot of honest opinion and inside information out of the Chronic. He's what Lance said in his blog on Thursday, 6/6, in response to a post on Spencer.

Quote:
He's too big for what they want at guard and his recovery status is still a concern. Don't be surprised if you see an injury settlement at some time.
I won't be surprised.
Old 06-08-2008   #40
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

can we sign dayne, trade him to the colts and pay him 5 mil to roll on peyton manning?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read