Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-07-2008   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The 11 Coolest Helmets in Pro Football

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl,86651

I disagree with #8,6, and 1.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: The 11 Coolest Helmets in Pro Football

Quote:
Shortly after the Oilers moved to Tennessee, they became the Titans and started wearing these jobs, which were in absolutely no danger of cracking the Shutdown Eleven.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

This is pretty good for a fluff article. Lots of history and whatnot to read about.

However, the old Bills helmet (Number 11) looks like complete ass and I have no idea how that made it onto any list.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why isn't there a Texans helmet in that list?

I disagree with most of them. The Steelers and Cowboys belong. Some of them I like, but they aren't top 10. Maybe the Oilers, but I may be biased in their favor. The Bengals helmet just goes with the uniform. I suppose it's #1 as far as just matching the uniform, lol.

Know what? That old Bucs helmet was pretty good. I think people would like it more if it wasn't orange and the team didn't suck. Shoot, they could've just went with brown with those helmets.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
This is pretty good for a fluff article. Lots of history and whatnot to read about.

However, the old Bills helmet (Number 11) looks like complete ass and I have no idea how that made it onto any list.
That old Bills helmet is one of my favorite of all time.

I've always liked the Chiefs and old Jets logo as well.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What metrosexual came up with that list?!

#2 - the old Bucs logo was just GAY ("not that there's anything wrong with it")

Seriously lame to even be in the top 10, much less no. 2.

The old Patriot helmet is an honorable mention? That thing is just stupid. I'm surprised he didn't pull out the old dolphin wearing a goofy helmet, too.

The Raiders easily have one of the coolest, but it must have scared metrosexual boy.

I have no problem with the Steelers, Oilers, Colts, Packers (just because it's old school), or even Cowboys helmets. I think the newer Chargers one is better than the old one.

But the rest of them are a stretch. The Houston Gamblers should have been an honorable mention before the Orlando Thunder. That thing looks like it came from a Pride Parade or something ("not that there's anything wrong with it").

Off-season is too dern long. Here we sit wasting time talking about helmets instead of watching them slam into each other!
Old 06-07-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, when are we gonna update the Texans helmets?

Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2008   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always favored the Eagles '70's-80's helmet, the Rams as well. I saw some Raider fans griping about their helmet not being there, I never thought they were anything special based on looks alone, same for the Cowboys. I'm too biased to judge the Oiler helmet objectively. The Bengals helmets are cool AND fitting, what with the black bars on them.

As for the Tampa Bays helmet, I like the current one over the old one, but opinions vary with those. For college the Michigan helmet is just plain cool.
Old 06-07-2008   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

The Gamblers helmet was really good. I'm not so sure about the name, but the helmet went well with it.

Old 06-07-2008   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This was in another thread once but I was partial to the USFL Michigan Panthers helmet

Old 06-08-2008   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My list, off the top of my head:

1. Packers
2. Cowboys
3. Colts
4. Oilers
5. the Eagles. I love the wings.
6. The Raiders
7. Chiefs
8. Modern Broncos
9. The 00's Chargers
10. Vikings, especially when Jim Marshall wore it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The old Bucs helmet is one of the worst helmets of all time. How the hell does that make it in your top 11? The new Bucs logo/helmet is way cooler.

I'm not a fan of the Chargers helmets. Especially the ones with the numbers underneath. I liked the dark blue ones they wore through the 90s up to 2006 much better

I was never a fan of the Oilers helmets. I think it's the white background. I just never really like helmets that are white. Same reason I don't like the Colts (and Chargers) helmets.

I do like the old red Falcons helmet. I wish they would bring those back!

The Giants one would be on my list. Those are very cool

Here's one last one that I really like. The Louisville Fire helmets from AFL2.

Here's a link that has pictures of almost every helmet that any professional (and college) football teams have worn.
http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was doing fine with this fluff piece until I read this...

Quote:
Not a day goes by that I don't wake up and miss that swashbuckling son of a gun winking at me like I just brought him breakfast in bed
now keep in mind that the author is a guy writing about bringing another guy breakfast in bed....

maybe its just me.
Old 06-08-2008   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

now keep in mind that the author is a guy writing about bringing another guy breakfast in bed....

maybe its just me.
No, he's not. It's a simile.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
No, he's not. It's a simile.
if you say so

wouldn't be the first time I saw something not intended by the author
Old 06-08-2008   #16
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

What no Bears helmet? I'm surprised that it never even got an hounourable mention.
As for the Eagles helmet - it would make a nice accessory for the Hawkmen in Flash Gordon.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #17
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

...when did arena football become Pro Football?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #18
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
...when did arena football become Pro Football?
I would say that Pro Football refers to the fact that the players playing are Professional and you do get paid in Arena Ball so technically they are Pro's, making Arena Football a form of Pro Football.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #19
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

maybe its just me.
No it is not just you. I also thought the same thing.

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I do not see myself bringing a swashbucking guy breakfast in bed anytime soon, nor would I have ever thought about it.
Old 06-08-2008   #20
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the new Buccaneers helmets are way better looking than the one they have listed as #2.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read