Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which of these players will be most improved?
Matt Schaub 11 15.71%
Jacoby Jones 13 18.57%
Amobi Okoye 24 34.29%
Zach Diles 5 7.14%
Fred Bennet 6 8.57%
Will Demps 0 0%
Ahman Green 6 8.57%
Others 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2008   #21
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Improved Player for 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm going to go with Diles. He's a 7th rounder and Kubes has RAVED about the guy. Okoye is a 1st rounder with an impressive rookie season behind him, so he SHOULD improve and be a differencce maker. I like the underdog angle with Diles. I really like the LB squad on paper. I can't wait to see them in action.

I have to agree. Besides, the guy barely saw the field last season and he's penciled in as the starter. If that continues he'll see some good time.
Old 06-08-2008   #22
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I picked Jacoby, talent wise he's 2nd only to AJ in our WR corps. He's got special qualities, elite size/speed combo. If his head can catch up to his skills he can be a great playmaker for us at WR and on special teams as a PR like we saw last preseason.

Okoye was a close 2nd but I think the jump for Jacoby will be bigger than Okoye's jump. If however Okoye plays at an elite level then I think our defense as a whole will play at an elite level. We've seen how much difference a defense plays with/without an elite DT like Haynesworth and Tommie Harris in a game. It can literally change the entire makeup of the defense.
Old 06-08-2008   #23
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Jacoby. Coming into last year the majority of us thought that his rookie season would be filled with highlight reel moments. Now going into his 2nd year the term "deep threat" has been thrown around and, if AJ, Walter, and OD can remain healthy, he could see a few bombs come his way, JJ is the vote.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #24
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Jacoby. I read that he is now studying the playbook - good thinking. I also think that the coaches have told him that not playing up to his potential = not playing period. I think he has matured enough this past year and has decided that football is more important than his other activities.

Bennet is a close second. I think he is going to be awesome this year.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #25
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i voted amobi but i should have voted jacoby because amobi was half way productive. i expect him to be much better. jones on the other hand was pretty much useless (after he got hurt) so i'd expect him to improve much more than amobi will. simply because okoye has already played well.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #26
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

id say Jones, may not see him on every play at WR but i want to see what this guy can really do at PR
Old 06-08-2008   #27
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Matt Schaub
2. Amobi Okoye
3. Jacoby Jones

For me.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2008   #28
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Harrison.
Kasey Studdard
Jacoby Jones
Eric Winston
Chester Pitts
Anthony Weaver
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

No votes for Chris Taylor.....
interesting.
Is it that you guys don't think he'll make the final 53 or what?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #30
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping it's Jacoby Jones - I hope the small-school jitters (and injury worries) are a thing of the past.

Schaub - If he stays healthy, it's a given.

Amobi - He was already 'ascendant' - I'm not expecting a Mario-like change in impact, but just below that level.
Old 06-09-2008   #31
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured at least one of the ladies here would have voted for Rico Suave`.

Old 06-09-2008   #32
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Jacoby Jones.

I hope we get the 2007 Pre Season version in the 2008 Regular Season.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #33
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

I voted for Jacoby for one simple reason -
He's talent-laden for sure and after last season's disappointing year, I think he stands to "improve" the most.

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read