Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which of these players will be most improved?
Matt Schaub 11 15.71%
Jacoby Jones 13 18.57%
Amobi Okoye 24 34.29%
Zach Diles 5 7.14%
Fred Bennet 6 8.57%
Will Demps 0 0%
Ahman Green 6 8.57%
Others 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most Improved Player for 09

Who do you think will make the most impact next year that didn't have that much last year, whether its by injuries, rookie wall, didn't get much playing time for most season, etc.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Improved Player for 09

Schaub. I think he will throw for over 3500 yards and double digit TD's.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Okoye. He looked hungry last year. This year ought to be something.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

09? Isn't that next year?

For this year I'll take Mario or Okoye. Next year I'll take the same.

It would be totally cool to have two or three reps from our team make the defensive line all stars.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I meant 08-09 season, my fault. And Mario already had his breakout season last year so I left him off.

Well, I chose Matt Schaub for my MIP. I truly believe he has the skills and the players around him this year to atleast be in the top 10 QB category.
Old 06-06-2008   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

okoye, the kid will become a man
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Well, I meant 08-09 season, my fault. And Mario already had his breakout season last year so I left him off.

Well, I chose Matt Schaub for my MIP. I truly believe he has the skills and the players around him this year to atleast be in the top 10 QB category.
Some KFFL piece on Schaub that seems pretty unbiased

Figured you would like that. It's a fantasy article but does have it's on-field merits.
Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2008   #8
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Some KFFL piece on Schaub that seems pretty unbiased

Figured you would like that. It's a fantasy article but does have it's on-field merits.
Thanks for the article. I hope he can stay healthy through the 08 season, so he can be view as a legit starting QB around the league. I have no doubt he can produce at a high rate, as long as his line holds up and he has a decent running game.
Old 06-06-2008   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Thanks for the article. I hope he can stay healthy through the 08 season, so he can be view as a legit starting QB around the league. I have no doubt he can produce at a high rate, as long as his line holds up and he has a decent running game.
I think if the Texans end up with a running game then he will get harassed less and less as the O-line begins clicking more.

Even with all that Okoye could easily help the defense improve from 22 to top 15 or even 10. That'd be such a jump he'd almost have to be most improved. The offense was already in the top 12, they'd have to pass up the likes of SD, Indy and Boston to really get elite. Maybe next year.
Old 06-06-2008   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to go with Diles. He's a 7th rounder and Kubes has RAVED about the guy. Okoye is a 1st rounder with an impressive rookie season behind him, so he SHOULD improve and be a differencce maker. I like the underdog angle with Diles. I really like the LB squad on paper. I can't wait to see them in action.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say Jacoby Jones. He has the athleticism, and he looked good in pre-season. The injury really set him back, but this year I expect a good year. At least 600 precieving yards and 4 TD's, along with 3 PR TD's.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Bennet ..... He had a solid rookie year , has size and speed to match up with any reciever .

Linemen tend to take a couple seasons and Okoye is still kinda young , I expect him to make a steady improvement over several seasons but no big jumps.

Schaub .... I think what we saw from him last season when he was healthy is what we get from him again.

Jacoby Jones has a load of talent .... I hope he learned from his offseason mistakes and concentrates on football rather rather than other things. He's another guy who I think will have a steady long term development .

Ahman Green ..... He's not the same back he was in GB and never will be . (I had posted some stats in another thread , dont have time to dig them up)He'll need to make a real improvement just to stay on the roster.

Zach Diles is one of those guy's that just seems to find a way .... Something to be said for a 7th rounder who's going to stick around in the NFL for a while.

Will Demps Pro Bowl Alternate ? ..... I musta missed it . Upgrade over G.Earl but I dunno about making a big leap .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I put others for the entire O-Line.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Zach Diles. He is hungry and taking advice from Demeco. He works hard and will beat out who ever to be a solid contributer.
Old 06-06-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Btw guys, this is most improved from last years performance, not their career.

So for ex. I might pick Ahman if I think he'll stay healthy and produce over a 1,000 on 4.2 ypc, since he only played in 3 games and have like 250 yards on 3.7 yards avg from last year.
Old 06-06-2008   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219370 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Jacoby because, although I think a lot of those other guys are going to have great years, I think Jacoby might just break out this year. He was injured for most of last year and he never really recovered. He tried to play through it and it just screwed us up.

The word in training camp is that he's really showing some great flashes. So I think he might have a huge breakout season.

Of course, if he has a big breakout season, that means our QB is going to be doing pretty well, too.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I took Okoye. Ahman certainly has room for the most improvement, but like the others I just don't see anything left in the guy.
Old 06-07-2008   #18
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Most Improved Player for 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I put others for the entire O-Line.
Me too. I want to see them push back the defense. Especially in short yardage situations
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The word in training camp is that he's really showing some great flashes. So I think he might have a huge breakout season.
For just a second, and only because it's the morning and I had to wake up early, I really really thought training camp was going on. . .

July 24th cannot get here fast enough.
Old 06-07-2008   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219370 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
For just a second, and only because it's the morning and I had to wake up early, I really really thought training camp was going on. . .

July 24th cannot get here fast enough.
Pick, pick, pick. OTA's and Mini-camp. My bad.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read