Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-10-2008   #41
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FLASHBACK decision to take Mario Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Shows how misinformed Arlington and the rest of the nation was regarding the Drafting of Mario. We, on most of the message boards, were soundly behind the pick. To the tune of 80% or more.
You personality may have been all for the drafting of Mario Williams as the single best thing for the texans to do with #1 pick in the 2006 draft. I don't have the time nor inclination to run down posts by you under this name or the one that the initials stand for. Stop trying to write your personal opinion on Mario williams' drafting as representative of what the situation was. It was not, Most fans resigned themselves to support the team versus worry about if a personal view on the selection was correct or not (that's what I did by the way).

That said, if you actually read the posts in this thread and through the last three years of the Bush, Young, Mario, there are plenty of people who wanted to do something else with the pick (Bush, young or trade down) who after the Texans selected Mario put that aside and supported the team and the pick. 80% on the message board may have been solidly behind the organization the Texans, but 80% were not in agreement that they made the correct choice with that specific move. Heck, there was plenty of questioning about the Mario heading into the 2007 season (or last year). I will let you try to re-write that also.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #42
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Shows how misinformed Arlington and the rest of the nation was regarding the Drafting of Mario. We, on most of the message boards, were soundly behind the pick. To the tune of 80% or more.
You're re-writing history go here To see what people were posting about around April 29 - 30th, 2006 if you really want to see what most people were saying.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #43
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I admitted in plenty of threads before that I was indeed disappointed when we drafted Mario Williams. I wanted Reggie Bush. My main concern was that the Texans fell in love with him because of his combine workout instead of what he did on the football field. Also, due to the fact that I had never seen Mario play I wanted Reggie Bush on the team more because I saw more of his games on tv. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that while it's nice that Mario Williams is getting all this attention from the media, his career is not going to be defined by what he did last year. This battle between Bush, Young, and Williams will go on for a long time. And it is really premature to declare anyone a clear winner at this point. I'm hoping Mario Williams becomes the player everyone says he's going to be but we'll have to wait and see. At this point imo really, he's just gotten off to a great start.
Old 07-10-2008   #44
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
At this point imo really, he's just gotten off to a great start.
What more can you ask for? I think the way to look at it is if the draft were redone today.... who would get taken first of the three more than the others? Gotta be Williams... and there isnt much doubt anywhere at this point on if Mario is going to be a monster this year or not. Going to be fun to see if indeed he does.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #45
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
What more can you ask for? I think the way to look at it is if the draft were redone today.... who would get taken first of the three more than the others? Gotta be Williams... and there isnt much doubt anywhere at this point on if Mario is going to be a monster this year or not. Going to be fun to see if indeed he does.
Well you can't ask for more than the numbers he put up last year. I think he can improve and be better. He didn't really come on strong until the end of the season. But my point is that some people are already acting like this whole race between these guys is over. In my opinion, I think Bush and Young are talented players who had bad year's respectively. And there's no reason why they can't improve too. I think if you redid the draft certainly Mario Williams going no.1 would be justified but also a guy like DeMeco could've gone in the top 5. I can't wait for the season to begin too so we can see Mario and the team win more games.
Old 07-10-2008   #46
whiskeyrbl

Could you omagine if we had drafted Reggie Bust. We would be the laughing stock of the NFL NOW!!!
Old 07-10-2008   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh.....Reggie Bush has talent, he's just being used in a system that doesn't take advantage of him. Same with Vince Young. I suspect though, in the long run, the drafting of Mario Williams and Vince Young will work out just fine for their respective teams. Regge Bush, well, I don't know. I think Slayton is our more affordable Reggie Bush, which others here have also said.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2008   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Go back to page 325-327 of this forum's archives for some fun reading about the draft.

04/28/06 is still the highest number of people on this forum, and I remember that night well. Thunderkyss and I were two that I recall were defending the pick against a crush of Reggie/Vince manlovers and Bob McNair haters. Reading back is quite amusing.

I was a trade-down advocate, especially if we could get more value. I wanted D'brick or AJ Hawk, but had no problem with picking Mario after it was all said and done. I'm a defensive kind of guy, believing that championships are won with good defense. So Mario fit that mindset.

I lost a lot of respect for the local media - specifically Justice and Johnny McLame - after that draft. First was the hype of the so-called "Bush Bowl", where you had local fans/media hoping we would lose the last game of a dismal season in order to get the first pick. Then we had the Vince Young hype and David Carr hatred mixed together to form a perfect feeding frenzy. Justice and McLame were handing out pitchforks and torches to storm Reliant, and they've done nothing to gain my respect since then. They seem to have very selective memories these days, but I won't forget their obvious and overwhelming bias for individual players over the team. They could choke on chicken bones today and retire and I wouldn't care less (I'd probably celebrate with a KFC bucket of original recipe).

Then when fans didn't get what they thought they wanted, so many threatened to abandon the team and boycott games because of it. I lost a lot of faith in Houston's hometown fans during 2-14 and the subsequent whining of disappointment. I realized this is a town mostly made of front-runners and bandwaggoners. We have about 20,000 fanatics, but the rest are fickle, at best.

In the end, though, our new football minds prevailed and obviously made the pick that the team needed. And now the bandwagon fills up, which is alright with me. Some of us never left it.
I've tried to stay out of this thread but it is slow now. I too wanted a trade down to get D'Brick for LT. If memory serves, you & I exchanged posts on trading to Jets as this post of yours says. I have pushed getting a LT every year including the most recent draft. After the pick I was not so much against Mario but drafting a Dline rather than Oline. I did argue for Bush rather than MW as I thought an offensive spark (as Reggie was projected) would be best for team. IMO a potential franchise type back could bring more immediate positives than a DE. That is simply personal opinion. I for one am not ducking my head on what my personal thoughts and desires were for that draft. Same goes for my thoughts when some guy named Demeco was selected before Winston and Spencer. Mario is our guy regardless of how he does. Bush and/or young could have all pro seasons in 08 and Mario could crater. When a guy pull on the jersey with da BULL, he's my guy. I may criticize (see Weaver, TJ or even Carr) but he is still my guy.

What I am hoping for is STeve Slaton may bring the same type productivity I thought Bush might and we got Brown for my LT.
Old 07-11-2008   #49
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
After watching the clip, Richard Justice needs to get bent and offer the Texans (especially Bob McNair) a public apology and, Justice needs to seriously give up his football reporting ambitions.
I cant stand Dick Justice . He has to be one of the biggest flip floppers there is . Hes like a bi-polar sports writer .

I was upset at the Mario pick . After I saw a few interviews with him I really liked his humble laid back personality . I was still skeptical about his ability as a football player though . When he played through the injury the first year that made me become a fan . He showed flashes of outstanding playing ability, but you could tell something was holding him down . Now, the guy has become my favorite player . I'm not jumping the Mario bandwagon just because of last season, I liked him after the first year as I said, last season just moved him up on my favorite Texan chart over AJ .... sorry Dre ...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #50
texan pride
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan pride is a Pro Bowlertexan pride is a Pro Bowler

I cant stand Justice either. And I was upset with picking Mario for about 5 minutes before I got over it. I'd rather have a good D than a good Offense. And it seem like both will be good this year!!!
texan pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #51
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I admitted in plenty of threads before that I was indeed disappointed when we drafted Mario Williams. I wanted Reggie Bush. My main concern was that the Texans fell in love with him because of his combine workout instead of what he did on the football field. Also, due to the fact that I had never seen Mario play I wanted Reggie Bush on the team more because I saw more of his games on tv. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that while it's nice that Mario Williams is getting all this attention from the media, his career is not going to be defined by what he did last year. This battle between Bush, Young, and Williams will go on for a long time. And it is really premature to declare anyone a clear winner at this point. I'm hoping Mario Williams becomes the player everyone says he's going to be but we'll have to wait and see. At this point imo really, he's just gotten off to a great start.
Completely agreed Nawzer. It was just last year that half the world wasn't stoked about Mario other than many Texan fans. Now he's getting represented at #6 best player in the NFL after one year.

VY won ROTY and took a team that was like 1-4 to the playoffs when no one gave the team a chance to do anything the least two years. Then last year though, VY had a pretty bad season and everyone thinks he is a bust. NOt me, but many people do.

Then Reggie Bush was HUGE at the end of his rookie season and hit a few HR plays and played really well in the playoffs against the Bears. Then last year he pretty much stunk up the field all year.

It's to early to tell who will be the best out of all three. I think by the end of this year though, we'll all have a pretty good idea of who will be really good for a long time. It might be all 3, because I haven't written off Bush or VY just yet and I expect Mario to be huge as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know when this article was written.. Topix.net has the link as 9 hours ago, but reading it .. seems like last year

still a good read though

even though some of it I have to roll my eyes, but overall the character of Williams makes me

Quote:
Mario Williams is feeling the love...for now
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/st...eth_wickersham

Quote:
When today's party ends, when Williams is finally sitting and off his toes, he speeds away in a white Expedition to Frenchy's, already his favorite Houston spot. Nobody knows exactly who he is while he orders his 10-piece meal, but the patrons know he's somebody. As Williams grabs his food, a girl no older than 10, wearing a green "Aloha, Princess" T-shirt, points and says, "There goes Vince Young!" Then she asks for an autograph.

What does Williams do?

He signs the girl's scrap of paper. And walks away smiling.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #53
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest problem I had with everything relating to this is that the local paper and the local media in general never gave Williams a fair shake in introducing him to the public. Just providing basic facts about him.

They mocked the decision makers by featuring drooling cartoons of infininite bad taste. They basically called him a physical freak and called it a day. They said nothing about how he compared to other players, how he was respected by his teammates or his gaudy college stats.

I think it is foolish for most fans or media types to say definitively THIS guy is great or THIS guy sucks. Most of us don't have enough info to say one way or another. All we can do is learn the most we can about a player, and try to figure out if that player makes sense for the situation.

So, this is what I said in 2006 (even though my name is only in small print at the bottom of the page):

The ultimate Mario Williams compendium

Mario Williams compendium, part II

The idea of the silly titled compendiums came from that first night the Williams pick was announced as the pick. I started researching anything I could find from BEFORE the draft--before people knew that Williams was going to be picked #1. And the more I posted largely complimentary articles about him, the more people started coming off the ledge.

I think that at the time, so many people were abused by that Pendry offense. That the offense was so unwatchable, they just wanted to see something exciting on offense--whether it be VY or Reggie. This, of course, masked the fact that the defensive side of the ball in 2005 had very little talent on it and was for the first time the worst defense in the league. The massive drop off on the defense gave the offense no wiggle room for stupid stuff that the Capers era offenses typically did.

In retrospect especially, picking defense seems so more sensible though a number of us said it at the time. The Texans have cobbled together an offense that can move the ball. Can you imagine how much worse the Texans defense would be with no Mario, no DeMeco? (some people wanted to pick offensive line with the second pick that year).

Vince Young would still be developing if he were a Texan. Kubiak, if he hadn't been fired already, would be trying to figure out an offense that would work for Young. Longhorn-first fans would be blaming it all on the line, receivers and coaching staff. This MB would be an unpleasant place.

I'm thinking Kubiak could have found a place for Reggie Bush, but likely nothing worth the first pick in the draft.

The 2006 draft was a precursor of things to come. That nobody wants the first pick any more, or more accurately, they don't want to spend the first pick money on a rookie. That if teams have to spend that money, they want to spend it on a durable, hard to acquire position through free agency sort of pick.
Old 08-21-2008   #54
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

And this is why so many of us can't stand justice and have no respect for him and truely wish we could send him off to ..... who cares as long as it is many many miles away from here. I have said how I feel about the chron and how they work regarding the blogs so I will refrain for once and just say the chron sucks. Every single bit of the sports section sucks. The one decent writer they had no longer writes for them, she now writes for AOL fanhouse and that is where my viewing has moved to. Unless someone post a link I do not even have it saved in favorites anymore.

Old 08-21-2008   #55
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
And this is why so many of us can't stand justice and have no respect for him and truely wish we could send him off to ..... who cares as long as it is many many miles away from here. I have said how I feel about the chron and how they work regarding the blogs so I will refrain for once and just say the chron sucks. Every single bit of the sports section sucks. The one decent writer they had no longer writes for them, she now writes for AOL fanhouse and that is where my viewing has moved to. Unless someone post a link I do not even have it saved in favorites anymore.

I read the Chronicle. But like everything I read, I read it with a critical eye and only after I've read the entire press conference stuff first.

Sometimes the Chronicle has information that is worth reading. I've enjoyed some of the Dale Robertson writing about the Texans and hope to see more of it. Makes me think of old Oiler days some.

I've enjoyed the early stuff from the ESPN AFC South blog.

You just don't read the Chronicle to get analysis of stuff, except for maybe Lance's blog who is really good, even if you don't completely agree with him on things.
Old 08-21-2008   #56
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Vince Young would still be developing if he were a Texan. Kubiak, if he hadn't been fired already, would be trying to figure out an offense that would work for Young. Longhorn-first fans would be blaming it all on the line, receivers and coaching staff. This MB would be an unpleasant place.

I'm thinking Kubiak could have found a place for Reggie Bush, but likely nothing worth the first pick in the draft.

My biggest feeling of relief from not drafting Bush is that had he been taken by the Texans and produced (or better phrased not produced) at his current rate, Houston would be getting killed by the national media and we would be subjected to endless "Poor Reggie" articles.

Since he ended up with the Saints who have a proven rusher in Duece McAllister, Reggie has no excuses.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Go back to page 325-327 of this forum's archives for some fun reading about the draft.

04/28/06 is still the highest number of people on this forum, and I remember that night well. Thunderkyss and I were two that I recall were defending the pick against a crush of Reggie/Vince manlovers and Bob McNair haters. Reading back is quite amusing.
Thanks for the recognition.

But I was really an anybody but Bush hopeful.

My argument:

1. He's not the typical kind of player you take with the #1 overall. And there's a reason for that. A Wide Receiver that is ready to start on day one.. yes. An everydown RB... yes. But a guy who can't start day one(much less, three years later) at either position.... I don't think so. Top ten.... sure, but #1 overall.... uh-uh.

2. If we're going to spend a #1 overall on offense, then let's address the biggest problem on offense.... QB. Change the QB, and our offensive line is one of the best in the league.... duh. Now, I didn't see Lienart as a #1 overall QB. I didn't see Cutler as a #1 overall QB. Vince.... say what you want, but he's done exactly what was expected of him in the NFL. He is the teams leader.... he's a playmaker.. he keeps drives alive with his legs... he struggles in the passing game. Now on our team, he wouldn't have started the first season, may not have had to start his second season, and this year, he'd be much better prepared to handle NFL defenses.

But had we taken Lienart, or Cutler, I'd have been equally on board.

3. D'Brick was the pick that made the most sense. I expected us to pick D'Brick, but after seeing Mario manhandle him in their rookie seasons.... I'm over it.

4. Mario Williams.... our defense sucked. How could anyone think this was the wrong pick.

5. AJ Hawk.... We would have to have every reason to believe he is the second coming of LT for me to take(or want to take) a LB with the #1 overall..... but if we picked AJ Hawk in Lieu of Reggie, I would have been totally fine with that.
Old 08-21-2008   #58
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

I like both McClain and Justice. Neither are particularly analytical, but both are entertaining.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #59
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I read the Chronicle. But like everything I read, I read it with a critical eye and only after I've read the entire press conference stuff first.

Sometimes the Chronicle has information that is worth reading. I've enjoyed some of the Dale Robertson writing about the Texans and hope to see more of it. Makes me think of old Oiler days some.

I've enjoyed the early stuff from the ESPN AFC South blog.

You just don't read the Chronicle to get analysis of stuff, except for maybe Lance's blog who is really good, even if you don't completely agree with him on things.
I used to Love reading Dale, but something has put him on the back burner. Maybe it is some sort of office politics crap. Oh and I guess I have forgotten about Lances blog. It is all the fluff and noninformative stuff that bogs me down and makes me forget of the few lone brightspots.
Old 08-21-2008   #60
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I like both McClain and Justice. Neither are particularly analytical, but both are entertaining.
What is to like? The info they provide I can get here or at HT.com. No insight what so ever. 10 o'clock sports small bits of info. The news paper is for more indepth info and analysis and the chron does not provide that for the most part. Like TC pointed out, Lance has a very good blog but that is on the website and when they let Dale do a piece on the Texans it will be better than anything the other hacks spew.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read