Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2008   #1
threeputtsam
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam threeputtsam
Default Mike Golic "dissed" the Texans

Mike Golic, from Mike and Mike in the morning, might have just given Kubiak some more locker room ammo. Golic and Eric C were talking about the success/failure of Bill Parcells with Dallas. Eric said his tenure was successful because the team was in better shape when Parcells left, than when he got there. Golic said his tenure was more of a failure. He said Parcell's seasons:
10-6, 6-10, 9-7, 9-7, was more of a failure. Golic said something like "This isn't the Houston Texans, it's the Dallas Cowboys". I've got to admit, I'd love to have a 10-6 or 9-7 season, but Golic's comment irked me a little bit.
threeputtsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Golic "dissed" the Texans

Not to take away from this thread, but it's funny how there is a Target ad running on the right side of this page which is advertising Cowboys paraphernalia..........makes me sick.

BTW, Golic may be eating his words on both sides of the fence, as things could explode for the Texans and implode for the Cowboys.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hes just another babbling ass hat. Ive learned to ignore him. Until we catch some eyes, we are still the "lowly" Houston Texans. Hes just mad we passed his boy Brady Quinn. Just laugh at Notre Dame and let it go. EFFF the Cowboys.
Old 06-04-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Golic has always been an asshat. That comment doesnt really bother me...... Nothing to see here.

Golic, go sell some more Nutri-System!!!
Old 06-04-2008   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Golic has always been an asshat. That comment doesnt really bother me...... Nothing to see here.

Golic, go sell some more Nutri-System!!!
Agreed! Better yet, go eat some more Nutri-System because you're still a fatass.
Old 06-04-2008   #6
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

as much as i love the texans, i don't blame outsiders for saying things like this. they see we've never had a winning record... it's to be expected.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #7
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering 8-8 was just considered a successful season, I don't see the big deal. He made a valid point and geographically it was a good comparison to mention Houston.

To quote my preacher last Sunday, its time to put on our big girl panties and quit being so sensitive.
Old 06-04-2008   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Y'all are way too thin skinned about that stuff. Other teams with poor overall history take similar shots all the time. We are looking better than three year ago, but until we break through this type of stuff is par for the course.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Golic the metrosexual or the Doughnut King?

See, not caring who they are means I could give a rat's ass about their opinion!

Old 06-04-2008   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This doesn't bother me. All he's saying is that there are higher expectations in Dallas than there are in Houston. And I don't see how that could be argued. We need to win a few Super Bowls and have consistently good seasons before we can get upset at a comment like this.

Seriously, there are very few teams with a history of winning as consistent as the Cowgirls. And we're not one of those teams. Yet.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #11
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Evidenced by all of the nutrisystem jokes, he's the chunkier one.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Y'all are way too thin skinned about that stuff. Other teams with poor overall history take similar shots all the time. We are looking better than three year ago, but until we break through this type of stuff is par for the course.

iiwii until we start winning and earning respect. Just blow it off and wait until we start winning which is hopefully soon.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

to me he simply states the facts as they where without suggestion of the future. Cowboys love em or not are one of the premier NFL franchises with a rich history, national following & Superbowl hardware, somthing I have little doubt the Texans have been building towards. I like the fact at least the Texans are coming into the national consciousness on the cusp of achieving the very same thing the Cowboys have enjoyed over the years, full circle all in the state of Texas

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks to me like Golic is using "Slim Slow" instead of Nutri-System .

Those type of comments will continue until this team proves itself to be something other than a mediocre team . The Bengals used to get it , and until the Texans make that move out of the cellar , they will continue to diss on them . To hell with em' .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #15
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like Dallas. To me they are right down there with the ICOU but we are sitting here hoping to get our FIRST winning season. Cowgirl fans are talking about ANOTHER Super Bowl.

I am more irritated by one of our own sports radio people compairing us to Detroit and Arizona. I don't expect a love fest from the national media.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I have nothing personal against Mike Golic - but he's not good at his job. He doesn't know anything past the most broad strokes... so yeah, that is kind of a diss, but considering the source, it will go ignored.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

doesn't bother me

besides they have to find something, because they can't diss on Mario
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
as much as i love the texans, i don't blame outsiders for saying things like this. they see we've never had a winning record... it's to be expected.
Well said.
You guys who always complain about the Texans aren't getting as much cred as the Cowboys are just Cowboy haters. So get real with yourselfs and wait for the Texans to have some real success with their franchise.
And look, I'm not a Cowboys fan. The thing is would you honestly expect the Texans to be spoken about in the same sentence with the likes of the Packers, or Steelers, or 49ers, or other great NFL franchises (historically speaking) ? I don't think so and you probably wouldn't be too offended if they weren't treated with the same respect as the other legendary teams (not including the Cowboys).
Our time is coming. And in the meantime don't expect to be talked of in the same breathe with the NFLs greats.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #19
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Considering 8-8 was just considered a successful season, I don't see the big deal. He made a valid point and geographically it was a good comparison to mention Houston.

To quote my preacher last Sunday, its time to put on our big girl panties and quit being so sensitive.
I hope you don't plan to run for president one day...your preacher seems like a divisive firebrand!

I keed.

The Texans are an easy target for someone like Golic. Scan names of teams that don't have a history of success lately, then use them in contrast to the Cowboys.

Although, until Parcells got there, the Cowboys didn't do anything for a decade, so there ya go.

I will agree that Parcells seems to be a bit of a walking cancer himself. His ego is a little too big and he likes to treat players unprofessionally. Instead of building up talent and confidence of his best players, make one move he doesn't of, and suddenly you're persona non grata with the guy. I think he's the one that needs to pull on his big-girl panties.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #20
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

See, not caring who they are means I could give a rat's ass about their opinion!

Golic is the opposite of a metrosexual. He's one Italian surname away from being a bit player on the Sopranos.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read