Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2008   #41
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosevelt Colvin to visit Texans

Yeah - if joining the best team was his #1 interest, he would have signed with the Colts last month, assuming they made him an offer.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #42
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Yeah, like I said - it just means we're not out of the running. He could have showed up, not liked what he heard, and just walked out without the physical.

Or, hell, I don't know - maybe the first thing they do upon a visit is a physical.

But anyway, yeah - I'm with you. You just can't pay too much for this guy... but if the price is right, I like it a lot.
He didn't say why, but on this morning's show, LZ made the comment that he felt like the signing of Colvin by the Texans was going to happen.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #43
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

*cough* Sam Cowart *cough*
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Good call..... but, we do need another pass rusher.
Old 06-04-2008   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we don't have a whole lot of options.

But would the Seahawks take Boulware back for Babin?

Or we can follow the situation in Jacksonville, with those two new DEs they drafted, perhaps Hayward or Spicer might become available.

And I just happen to see the Denver's roster with 11 DE on it???
Anybody know much about them?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #46
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Colvin is not Sam Cowart.

Cowarts best years were over three years before joining the Texans. There is still a decent amount of gas in that tank.

Not to mention Colvin would bring with him an expectation of winning, playing for a great Bears D and then skipping on over to play for a great Pats D. For Colvin winning is the norm and not the exception. So saying that, I doubt he signs. And that is not to say the Texans are going to suck again, just the perception of our organization for the past six years.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #47
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139474 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

What do y'all think about this guy's leadership ability or his attitude about how to win?

I'm not saying we lack either on D (or the team in general, I think we have all the right "intangible" pieces in place in this regard), but stuff like this can put a team over the top.

I want a NASTY defense. Is Colvin going to bring more of that to our team?

The age is a bit of an issue IMHO, but as a short-term solution, not a bad addition if we can sign him.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-04-2008   #48
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Man a 2 year deal would be nice with him as the weakside pass rusher like Robert Mathis for the colts with that quick first step coming off the edge opposite Mario would be awesome.
Old 06-04-2008   #49
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

The defense we field this year has the ability to be a monster. MW seems to get "IT" now and AO, TJ and AW seem to have a fire lit under them(at least in OTA's) and I think our LB crew could be a definite strength all the way through. IMO. Colvin would be a GREAT asset if used properly in passing situations. AW has made comments about liking to move inside in those situations http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4352, so this could be a win-win IF Colvin will sign for the right money. If not, have a great rest of your career, hopefully in the NFC.
Old 06-04-2008   #50
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The defense we field this year has the ability to be a monster. MW seems to get "IT" now and AO, TJ and AW seem to have a fire lit under them(at least in OTA's) and I think our LB crew could be a definite strength all the way through. IMO. Colvin would be a GREAT asset if used properly in passing situations. AW has made comments about liking to move inside in those situations http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4352, so this could be a win-win IF Colvin will sign for the right money. If not, have a great rest of your career, hopefully in the NFC.
But then we still have Richard Smith

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #51
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Go crap on someone elses heart. OK???? I'm watching Holyfield and Bowe fight right now. I don't need this crap. I have 2 X wives and a current wife to crap on my dreams. Just go with it, brother!!!!! Feel the sacks!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008   #52
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Go crap on someone elses heart. OK???? I'm watching Holyfield and Bowe fight right now. I don't need this crap. I have 2 X wives and a current wife to crap on my dreams. Just go with it, brother!!!!! Feel the sacks!!!!!
Hope you're right. I hope that our defense has had a lack of big plays and sacks due to having the wrong personnel instead of it being the defensive coordinator's fault. Hopefully if we have Richard Smith we'll become a good defensive team. The biggest problem with our D has been the lack of a consistent pass rush. Hopefully with Kalu, Cochran, (hopefully) a better Weaver, and possibly Colvin we'll fix that gaping hole opposite Mario Williams.

I do have a good feeling about our D. I think Zac Diles and Xavier Adibi are going to help a lot. And I think Molden is going to be like Fred Bennett was last year as a rookie. If our D plays well the beginning of the season, then I can't wait to see it once Dunta Robinson comes back!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #53
DocBar
Hall of Fame

I think our D has had a combination of wrong/young personnel AND a cooridinator that lacks faith in the talent of the D. It has been mentioned several times that Smith "dumbed down" the D because of personnel. Like most of the posters on here, I have no clear idea what Smith's philosphy is. I DO believe that the talent of this D will prevail. We have some very good people in place that want to win and can digest the scheme of Smith, if indeed there is one.
Old 06-04-2008   #54
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Season...........Total games played

I'd hardly consider him injury 'plagued'. He was fine for three years until last season's foot injury. These are Rotoworld's stats, so I assume they're accurate.
I added his tackles and sacks from ESPN.com. The number in parenthesis is games played by their account.

1999...........5(11)..11......2.0
2000..........12(13)..32......3.0

Its probably just me being paranoid because of last season's "Ahman Green experience", but one does wonder why N.E. is willing to let him walk...? Is he just testing the waters so he and N.E. will have a starting point for a new contract?
Are we being played?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #55
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I added his tackles and sacks from ESPN.com. The number in parenthesis is games played by their account.

1999...........5(11)..11......2.0
2000..........12(13)..32......3.0

Its probably just me being paranoid because of last season's "Ahman Green experience", but one does wonder why N.E. is willing to let him walk...? Is he just testing the waters so he and N.E. will have a starting point for a new contract?
Are we being played?
N.E. is well known for letting quality, older players walk when their contract demands exceed what N.E. is willing to pay. I think that could be a factor.
Old 06-05-2008   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Colvin said last week that the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets are among the teams showing interest in him.

Funny, not a chirp from either the Browns or the Jets. But not that surpising. The Browns are desparately looking for CB's and the Jets are loaded with OLB's. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of a Texans signing shortly.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #57
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think people are overly critical of Richard Smith, our D has had a lot of injuries and was still transitioning out of the 3-4 set of personnel, hopefully this year things will finally click and we can see the system as Smith envisions it.

Like a lot of things in life building something great takes time and if you keep on knocking out the foundation and starting again, you will never get anything accomplished. Lets see how he goes with the defense this year with more pieces in place, a better understanding of the system and less injuries (knock on wood).
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #58
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Colvin still has big play ability and athleticism despite his age. If I remember correctly he was the Pats linebacker who intercepted Manning to seal the game against the Colts last year.
Old 06-06-2008   #59
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Zierlein seems pretty confident Colvin will be a Texan by the looks of his answer to this question.

Quote:
LZ,

Great job as always. Keep it coming. What your thoughts on the Texans possibly signing Roosevelt Colvin? Anything new on Charles Spencer?

I think, if he's healthy, Colvin will be a Houston Texan. He can still get off the ball quickly and I think he's probably more of a pass rushing 3rd down specialist.
You can listen to his podcast too.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...6/post_52.html
Old 06-06-2008   #60
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I sure do hope he comes. I think he is more of a finisher and will help our D get to the QB alot.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read