Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2008   #241
ocd
Rookie

Default Re: Rosevelt Colvin to sign with Texans

This just dawned on me...

Do you guys realize how good our crappy secondary is gonna look this year?
Old 06-17-2008   #242
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What am I supposed to do with this custom Michael Turner jersey, now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
http://http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2008/06/texans_sign_veteran_lb_rosevel_1.html

In this Cron fan blog, they talk as if Covin was guaranteed a starting role. Take it for what it's worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's a fan blog, therefore it shouldn't be held to the same scrutiny as the rest of the website. Still, if someone could point to one thing this guy and his "friends" that work for the Texans have gotten right, I might believe that Colvin was guaranteed a starting job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Are you talking about Thomas Hilton? I appreciate his work as well as ANYONE who takes the time to write about the Texans. Yeah, that includes McClain, Manful, Raley, ESPN, Keith, LZ, TexansChick, NFL.com, HoustonTexans.com, and many others. I still take everything that's been written with a grain of salt. Even the HoustonTexans.com articles. Gameday is all that matters to me. Who cares when gameday is here.

It's just fun reading about the Houston Texans is all. Whoever takes the time to write this stuff gets my appreciation. Includes everyone of you posters here on TexansTalk and other boards.

Garbage or not, it's fun reading about the Houston Texans. I guess what I'm saying is that I really missed football when the Oilers left. I'll never take having a football team in Houston for granted again. Never.
Nitro while I agree it is fun to read about the Texans and all, I just would love to have a few facts thrown in with all the crap writing most of these hacts write. TC is the one major exception. Her writing is fun and is ment to be fun, and then she throws in more facts in than these so-called beat writers do. She (Stephanie) trys to let readers know when she is specualting or when it is info coming straight from a source she has with the team or NFL, versus this Thomas Hilton jackass who writes crap and makes it sound as if Kubiack told him. He repeatedly says Colvin will start from and that it was the major factor that got Colvin to sign. Not once did he offer one shred of evidence to support this or who told him this, why? Because he is pulling it out his ass. Anyone who would let a paper or news outlet put their name be put on other fan blogs is a piece of crap in my book and has no balls. TC will not complain or say anything but this piece of crap has his name on all of TC's old blogs. Now while it was the chrons decision, anyone with an ounce of respect and just a hint of a set a balls he would have told them NO.

OK rant off now, sorry that I got my ire up so early but this guy is the most worthless writer in al of Houston and I can not fathom anyone reading or paying attention to him.
Old 06-17-2008   #243
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What am I supposed to do with this custom Michael Turner jersey, now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Nitro while I agree it is fun to read about the Texans and all, I just would love to have a few facts thrown in with all the crap writing most of these hacts write. TC is the one major exception. Her writing is fun and is ment to be fun, and then she throws in more facts in than these so-called beat writers do. She (Stephanie) trys to let readers know when she is specualting or when it is info coming straight from a source she has with the team or NFL, versus this Thomas Hilton jackass who writes crap and makes it sound as if Kubiack told him. He repeatedly says Colvin will start from and that it was the major factor that got Colvin to sign. Not once did he offer one shred of evidence to support this or who told him this, why? Because he is pulling it out his ass. Anyone who would let a paper or news outlet put their name be put on other fan blogs is a piece of crap in my book and has no balls. TC will not complain or say anything but this piece of crap has his name on all of TC's old blogs. Now while it was the chrons decision, anyone with an ounce of respect and just a hint of a set a balls he would have told them NO.

OK rant off now, sorry that I got my ire up so early but this guy is the most worthless writer in al of Houston and I can not fathom anyone reading or paying attention to him.
I agree. This Hilton dude hasn't a clue of what he's talking about. I'd rather not read anything at all than to read false information from a "yes man". I find it hard to believe he's lasted this long.

Eh, I guess there are still some peeps that actually read his crap.
Old 06-17-2008   #244
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its funny. I've thought about starting a blog. Not necessarily limited to Texans stats, but just take various questions each week and try to prove them with some validity statistically. The reason I never did, was twofold,

a) 50% of the people believe 90% of statistics are used 75% of the time to tell only 33% of the truth.
b) The more I try to avoid statements like rule a) the less people like what I have to say.

I would say read the guys stuff and take it with a grain of salt. It is like anything else, buyer beware. At the same time, its easy to slam someone for putting something out there, but the guy is at least putting some time into it if only to convey his opinion. I'm not saying is writing is worth a crap. If you don't like it, don't read it, but don't dog the guys doing it for free. Now when some paid hack doesn't do his job.... get the tar and feathers.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #245
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny how fans talk about sophomore slumps and coaches talk about the biggest jump in performance coming between years 1 and 2. I'll go with the coaches. Bennett is a perfect example of why there should be a jump rather than a slump. Rookies come in with raw talent and spend most of their first year just learning the playbook and the NFL game/speed. The next off-season they can work on technique, the finer details of the game and conditioning/strength. That's exactly what we are seeing with Bennett getting all the coaching from Ray Rhodes on footwork etc. Okoye clearly hit the rookie wall last year. Dan Riley will have that worked out for him this off-season plus all the technique coaching.
Old 06-17-2008   #246
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Funny how fans talk about sophomore slumps and coaches talk about the biggest jump in performance coming between years 1 and 2. I'll go with the coaches. Bennett is a perfect example of why there should be a jump rather than a slump. Rookies come in with raw talent and spend most of their first year just learning the playbook and the NFL game/speed. The next off-season they can work on technique, the finer details of the game and conditioning/strength. That's exactly what we are seeing with Bennett getting all the coaching from Ray Rhodes on footwork etc. Okoye clearly hit the rookie wall last year. Dan Riley will have that worked out for him this off-season plus all the technique coaching.
Yet still, there's no disputing that sophomore slumps happen. We can debate the reasons, but they happen. Sometimes due to injury, sometimes due to immaturity, and sometimes just due to something else. I'm not disputing what you say about the coaches, and I generally side with them over a bunch of message board yahoos, but it is observable that sophomore slumps occur.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #247
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

A few thoughts on your rantilicious rant.

1. First of all, TH really didn't want his name on my old blogs. I mean, there's references to wearing skirts and stuff, so I am sure he doesn't want his name on that sort of thing. They wanted him to have the same bookmark as the old blog, so all the FanBlog stuff is one place. There was no way for them to make a header for my old stuff and a new header for his stuff. So having a set or no, it wasn't something he had any control over at all, and he didn't like it either.

2. I appreciate TH as I appreciate any fan of the Houston Texans. It's not like we have so many fans that we should be picking fights with any of them. It's better to focus on the information than the people, but I understand your concerns.

3. As for his information on Colvin, I would put it in the FWIW category. What we know publicly is the following:

1. Colvin wanted assurances that he would have a role in Houston and that he wasn't going to move his family here and it be a temporary thing. He wanted a committment. (In other words, he doesn't want to be the wily vet coming into camp to get cut before the end of the season--even if he gets hurt because he knows how that can derail you despite your best intentions).

2. His agent says he is expected to be here for years to come.

3. It's not like any LBs on the team other than those whose names rhyme with SheDeco Buyins are so awesome that they are ensured of keeping Colvin off of the field.

4. If I were guessing, I do not think even the Texans know exactly what they have and how much they are going to use him. They acquire players without guarantees. And whoever is playing the best and is doing what the coaches want, will get the playing time. The assurances to Colvin I am sure are contractual ones. In other words, you could talk to all the friends that you have with the Texans, but in June 2008, I think that there are very few positions inked on this roster. But in the end, yeah, if he plays to his past, he is likely to see time on the field.

5. As an aside...who thinks that the public Bulman as pass rusher talk was a sort of a negotiating ploy? I've come to think that any time that the Texans talk up a try-hard player, they are either in talks to acquire a player and don't want to overpay, or they are trying to motivate a guy who isn't playing up to his contract.

6. Here's some more thoughts on Colvin for those who are interested (Nitro has asked me to put more of my FH links up so I am obliging).
Old 06-17-2008   #248
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd View Post

Actually no.

I want to see some prove it before I talk much secondary

/wooweee how about that 2005 tandem of Phillip Buchanon - Dunta Robinson? Two first rounders! We have turned the corner! Good thing the other team is wearing black for the opener. GAH MY EYES!!!!! WORST DEFENSE EVAAAAR!!!! THE PAIN THE PAIN!!!!! MUST DRINK UNTIL I FORGET IT ALL!!!! THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ALCOHOL ON THE PLANET!!!! GAAAAAAH!

//flashback
Old 06-17-2008   #249
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yet still, there's no disputing that sophomore slumps happen. We can debate the reasons, but they happen. Sometimes due to injury, sometimes due to immaturity, and sometimes just due to something else. I'm not disputing what you say about the coaches, and I generally side with them over a bunch of message board yahoos, but it is observable that sophomore slumps occur.
Sure they happen, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule.
Old 06-17-2008   #250
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Could a MOD change the Thread Title to ROOSEVELT COLVIN SIGNED
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #251
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosevelt Colvin Signed

A little piece I came across:
Quote:
Colvin, who has 521/2 sacks in nine seasons with Chicago and New England, worked out for the Colts, which raised expectations for fans and specifically family, including his mother, Bessie, who lives in Indianapolis and runs a UPS store in Broad Ripple.

"I was hoping and expecting that he would be here. This is home. He grew up in the RCA Dome," she said. "Since it didn't happen, home is Houston also. He has two uncles there and family in the Dallas/Fort Worth area."
She said her son, whose fourth-quarter sack and forced fumble clinched New England's regular-season victory at the RCA Dome last season, had advised he probably wouldn't sign with the Colts. But early media reports speculated that the pass-rushing defender could be a solid fit with the Colts, whose all-time leading sacker Dwight Freeney is coming off foot surgery.

"(Rosevelt) didn't think the Colts had enough (salary) cap room to get the kind of money he deserved," she said. "As dangerous as his position is, the game is too dangerous to play for peanuts."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #252
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Actually no.

I want to see some prove it before I talk much secondary
GAH MY EYES!!!!! WORST DEFENSE EVAAAAR!!!! THE PAIN THE PAIN!!!!! MUST DRINK UNTIL I FORGET IT ALL!!!! THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ALCOHOL ON THE PLANET!!!! GAAAAAAH!

//flashback
WOW!! I never realized I would be quoted verbatim...
Old 06-17-2008   #253
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosevelt Colvin Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I wonder what the price was.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #254
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd View Post

I think it's too early to go either way. I am however leaning towards it will be an improved secondary.

I think the Reeves signing was solid and this year out of the gate I think Demps will be starting. My biggest curiosity is what effect will Ray Rhodes have on our secondary and how it operates.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #255
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WOW!! I never realized I would be quoted verbatim...

what are you talking about? it was me that said that!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #256
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
A few thoughts on your rantilicious rant.

1. First of all, TH really didn't want his name on my old blogs. I mean, there's references to wearing skirts and stuff, so I am sure he doesn't want his name on that sort of thing. They wanted him to have the same bookmark as the old blog, so all the FanBlog stuff is one place. There was no way for them to make a header for my old stuff and a new header for his stuff. So having a set or no, it wasn't something he had any control over at all, and he didn't like it either.

2. I appreciate TH as I appreciate any fan of the Houston Texans. It's not like we have so many fans that we should be picking fights with any of them. It's better to focus on the information than the people, but I understand your concerns.

3. As for his information on Colvin, I would put it in the FWIW category. What we know publicly is the following:

1. Colvin wanted assurances that he would have a role in Houston and that he wasn't going to move his family here and it be a temporary thing. He wanted a committment. (In other words, he doesn't want to be the wily vet coming into camp to get cut before the end of the season--even if he gets hurt because he knows how that can derail you despite your best intentions).

2. His agent says he is expected to be here for years to come.

3. It's not like any LBs on the team other than those whose names rhyme with SheDeco Buyins are so awesome that they are ensured of keeping Colvin off of the field.

4. If I were guessing, I do not think even the Texans know exactly what they have and how much they are going to use him. They acquire players without guarantees. And whoever is playing the best and is doing what the coaches want, will get the playing time. The assurances to Colvin I am sure are contractual ones. In other words, you could talk to all the friends that you have with the Texans, but in June 2008, I think that there are very few positions inked on this roster. But in the end, yeah, if he plays to his past, he is likely to see time on the field.

5. As an aside...who thinks that the public Bulman as pass rusher talk was a sort of a negotiating ploy? I've come to think that any time that the Texans talk up a try-hard player, they are either in talks to acquire a player and don't want to overpay, or they are trying to motivate a guy who isn't playing up to his contract.

6. Here's some more thoughts on Colvin for those who are interested (Nitro has asked me to put more of my FH links up so I am obliging).
TC, I guess it is the part in me than is actual ethical that can't get past the fact his name is on something he did not write. I would just flat out refuse to work for a company that would even do that.

As far as giving Colvin some assurances, umm isn't that what every FA wants and also they do not want to be the rent a player guy or camp fodder. Plus no one wants to move the family to a new place only to be cut.
Old 06-17-2008   #257
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Diles should still play some OLB & is a one year guy so he might be frustrated but can still look to his future + he can back up Greenwood. Weaver better bring his lunch bucket cause I do not see him better at DT than TJ. Many do not like TJ but he did turn performance around last year and could make another significant advancement this season. Weaver has shown nothing and healthy shoulder or not he needs to impress coaches this TC or he might be riding the pine.
Old 06-17-2008   #258
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Diles should still play some OLB & is a one year guy so he might be frustrated but can still look to his future + he can back up Greenwood. Weaver better bring his lunch bucket cause I do not see him better at DT than TJ. Many do not like TJ but he did turn performance around last year and could make another significant advancement this season. Weaver has shown nothing and healthy shoulder or not he needs to impress coaches this TC or he might be riding the pine.
I don't think we'll see Rose Colvin taking Weaver off the OL. even in pass rushing situations, we'll probably see Kalu, or Cochran in the game, and Colvin at the SAM.

What I'd like to see, is him line up behind Mario on passing downs, then just before the snap, Mario moves over, and stands up, and Colvin steps up, and puts his hand down.
Old 06-17-2008   #259
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think we'll see Rose Colvin taking Weaver off the OL. even in pass rushing situations, we'll probably see Kalu, or Cochran in the game, and Colvin at the SAM.

What I'd like to see, is him line up behind Mario on passing downs, then just before the snap, Mario moves over, and stands up, and Colvin steps up, and puts his hand down.
Can't find link but I thought I read that when Colvin comes in to play DE, Weaver would slide to DT. I can't see Weaver beating out TJ and therefore my post. Anyone else see that article please link.
Old 06-17-2008   #260
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sophmore slumps only happen when guys have unbelievable years as rookies, meaning it's sort of unlikely that they will duplicate what they did as rookies their 2nd years. At least that's what i take them as.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read