Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2004   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sharper calls for change, why shouldn't we?

Jamie Sharper had this to say after the loss...

"I was done with losing that first season. No more positives. You have to produce. Somebody has to show us the way. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but who's going to direct us there? We need somebody to direct us to wins instead of close games."

Obviously, he is referring to the coaching staff. This team has too much talent to be regressing the way that it is.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds as if we are hearing and reading the begining of the end of the honeymoon as we speak. I am assuming there will be many changes and that includes attitudes as well.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

where did you find this quote...if sharper is calling for this...the one person on the team i see as being our defensive leader it might just be time for a change...maybe that's just a coordinator or do ya'll think it's the head guy
Old 12-13-2004   #4
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a quote in the Chronicle today...

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...sfront/2944377
Old 12-13-2004   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe so, but has anyone lit a fire WHILE on the field when we are playing?
Granted our defense shouldn't be ranked so low (IMO) because we have too much talent there, but yet I have yet to see anyone get the people around them fired up. Not much emotion on the defense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

that would be peek and robinson...those boys are always fired up the problem is one of them is rarely on the field...while babin is given the starting job and is even though he's not producing is allowed to stay the starting LOLB...he was brought in to get sacks he doesn't even lead the team in sacks let alone making them often...i'm sorry for everyone who thinks we need to let him develop well my question is where is that thinking from the coaching staff with peek who is more obviously better equiped to make plays
Old 12-13-2004   #7
Harry Biped
Rookie

The reason that the defense has been so lousy is because they are not aggressive enough in blitzing. They almost never rush more than 4 and lay back in a zone pass defense covering WRs with LBs way too often. In essence, they are running a prevent defense and that is no way to win in the NFL. They leave seams in the secondary as big as the zones that are supposed to be covered because of the mismatches. It's time to start loading up and sending 5 or 6 guys on a blitz on key downs and play man coverage. That is the only way that they'll ever force any sacks or turnovers. The offense has improved a little, but they still call blocking schemes that almost always fail to protect Carr. To win in the NFL these days you have to be able to pass effectively and the Texans haven't done that all year. They always try and force the running issue and only rely on the pass when it is too late to get anything going. A good start toward improving this team would be to get rid of the entire coaching staff and system and get another good QB to have another option than Carr.
Harry Biped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2004   #8
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

(IMO) I believe after observing yesterdays game that the D was fired up ofcourse only watching on Tv maybe there were time they were down,but I know this they didn't let Manning and them rest of the O just walk all over them.After that first qtr I was quite impressed with what the D did,and i do understand that if they would have held them in the 1st qtr then they would have played an entire game.
There will be changes,because there is always a way to improve,sometimes its players,sometimes coaches,so it will be interesting to see what happens in ther days and months to come,I am already fired up on next year and have no Idea why,but I hope it means something Good.
Old 12-13-2004   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is a big deal, because up to now we've not had much dissention
from team members - atleast not that I'm aware of. And Sharper came here from being a starter on a winning team - he's got a SB ring. So you know he's
got to be a leader and guy the younger players look up to. He could have been referring to somebody with the initials DC. There are 2 very important people with this team who have those initials. Could be he's talking about both of them.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

John McClain said this morning to expect some assistant staff to be gone during the offseason. He also said that Capers will be the head coach next year, but if he does not get a winning record by season 4.....he may be looking for a new job.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

by the quote it appears to me that sharper is tired what we're all tired of .... playing for a tie. either go out and win, or lose with everything left on the field. i for one have had enough of doing just enough to stay close. capers is one of the worst game day coaches i've seen mainly because he simply does not know how to adjust. he's great at building and preparing teams, but once they step onto the field he's lost in his notes and his cajones shrivel. we cant win by playing not to lose ... until that changes, we'll retain our mediocre status. i'm positive we have the talent to be a top tier team (although i'm uncertain with carr), but our brass isnt doing their part.
Old 12-13-2004   #12
TexansNFL
Rookie

Actually during one of the awful games in the first season, Marcus Coleman was interviewed after the game and made some comments about the need for changes in the defensive scheme...and Capers put a stop to all the after the game comments and instructed the players to avoid criticizing the coaches...we win as a team and we lose as a team ... as it was quoted. Anyway, this team has too many problems for the fans to keep pretending that all is well and that we are still an expansion team... we need to support the players who are putting themselves on the spot by telling it like it is.... most likely Sharper will be called by Capers for a closed door meeting after his comments...let's support our players!!!
TexansNFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #13
profan
Veteran

There are going to be players who will not want to play for this team if the feeling is everything is not being done to win. The front office is doing it's job imo. These losses fall on the coaches. I'm glad to see some players speaking up. I would hate to have them be content with these losses. Losing sucks and at this point I do not see any positives coming from a loss.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #14
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 18 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

That IS kinda scary that one of the team leaders in Sharper could possibly be inferring a lack of direction from the coaches. What does that do for the locker room?

Coming out of the locker room so flat in either the beginning of the games, or after half-time, is it because they aren't being inspired? Are the coaches not getting to the players?

I'm certainly in no way knocking the coaching here, don't get me wrong. Sharpers comments just rub me wrong.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

I don't know why Sharper's comments would rub anyone the wrong way. He is just speaking his mind and certainly knows a lot more than anyone on this board about what goes on in the locker room. Walker also hinted at the same problem by saying that something has to change. Hopefully Daddy Bob is listening and will make a change before next season because if he does not it will be the same garbage in 2005.
Old 12-13-2004   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Jamie Sharper or Gary Walker would be making comments like that unless they were very upset about it. I can't knock the offensive play calling in this last game, though. They just couldn't get any descent pass protection.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #17
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 18 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

By saying they rub me the wrong way, I mean to say it worries me that all might not be so rosy... that things are starting to unravel there.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #18
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Things started to unravel long before this game. It's about time someone finally stood up and said something. Sharper and Walker know from experience what type of coaches/system it takes to win games and realize that this is not it.
Old 12-13-2004   #19
keyfro
Hall of Fame

i think the main thing here is that multiple players(defensively) are now tired of losing...which as fans so should we...it's the third season...we're paying good money to see this team and to support it...and the coaches should give us the best product for our money...which they are not...it's pretty obvious that no houstonian wants a football team that plays not to lose...this is texas for christ sakes...this is THE FOOTBALL state...we want winners not losers...we got winners in players now it's time to get winner in our coaching staff...nuff said
Old 12-13-2004   #20
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what Sharper and Walker had to say...these coaches need to realize that every mistake on the field ultimately falls back to them. Sure, the players make the plays but they need to be put in the right situations to succeed.

The next draft and free agency will yield new players that will replace players that aren't getting thr job done...but if the same results happen even as we solidify our team with more talented players then the previous year...then that has to be coaches not getting the job done.

I see alot of the coaches on the defensive side being replaced after this year, mainly in the linebackers and defensive backs. Also the OL coaching job should be up for evaluation. Heck, the offensive coordinator job also, Chris Palmer hasn't shown me anything.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read