Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-03-2008   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 27940 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default C. Johnson loses poker face

Kinda sucks to come back with your tail between your legs, don't it CJ?

Quote:
..."Am I coming back? Of course I am," Johnson said in an interview with ESPN. "I told my coaches I'm going to California to act, but the truth is I may come back to the Bengals as early as June. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid."....
fox sports
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: C. Johnson loses poker face

Quote:
Johnson is under contract with Cincinnati through the 2011 season.
I knew he'd blink first. Dude never had any leverage to be taken seriously with his demands to be traded.
Old 06-03-2008   #3
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Kinda sucks to come back with your tail between your legs, don't it CJ?

fox sports
Oh god. He's a noob. :P
Old 06-03-2008   #4
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

They still should've taken the Redskins deal. Well, I would have.
Old 06-03-2008   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

He has been the highest paid WR the last two years, and now he wants to rework? Yeah, like thats gonna happen.

He could still ultimately be moved, but with his act and his ridiculous and unfounded unhappiness with his current deal, he is pretty much unable to be traded irregardless of how much of a distraction he is or if he takes any more shots at his QB Carson Palmer. You don't throw the franchise QB under the bus in the media...especially when he is really good.

he doesnt realize how good he has it in Cincinnati with Palmer throwing to him. Palmer's skill got him that deal. He needs to grow up and is probably my least favorite player in the league. the HOF jacket pretty much lost all good will with me. Oh and the fact that he pretty much disappeared for the majority of the season didn't help him any either. overrated and purely a product of self hype and ESPN's tabloid addiction.
Old 06-03-2008   #6
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

If only there was some way to get him to Dallas.....then the three ring circus would be complete.
Old 06-03-2008   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
If only there was some way to get him to Dallas.....then the three ring circus would be complete.
I don't see Jerrah doing that. They have a need at WR but not a guy like CJ. I expect they will browse the cap casualty harvest during Training Camp and focus their pre-TC work on bringing Jason Taylor to Dallas. It's pretty much going to happen...no-brainer. Jerrah will give Bill a 3rd and a 6th that could mature into a 2nd and 5th if Dallas goes to or wins Super Bowl. Oh and this deal would only be made if Taylor let Jones know that he was going to play in 08 and 09. a guy who is only going to play one year is only worth a 4th at best....

I wish the Texans would get involved in the JT sweepstakes, but it looks to be only true contenders due to JT wanting to win in 08. As long as he stays out of our division (especially Indy) I will be just fine.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 06-03-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2008   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I'd grab the popcorn for that!
Old 06-04-2008   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Second Honeymoon;930568]I don't see Jerrah doing that. They have a need at WR but not a guy like CJ. I expect they will browse the cap casualty harvest during Training Camp and focus their pre-TC work on bringing Jason Taylor to Dallas. It's pretty much going to happen...no-brainer. Jerrah will give Bill a 3rd and a 6th that could mature into a 2nd and 5th if Dallas goes to or wins Super Bowl. Oh and this deal would only be made if Taylor let Jones know that he was going to play in 08 and 09. a guy who is only going to play one year is only worth a 4th at best....

I wish the Texans would get involved in the JT sweepstakes, but it looks to be only true contenders due to JT wanting to win in 08. As long as he stays out of our division (especially Indy) I will be just fine.[/QUOTE]

That idea gives me nightmares.

At first glance i thought it was mildly entertaining with CJ. Now...well he knew what he was getting into when he signed that deal.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

What a dork. How are you going to bluff when you have everything to lose.

Kudos to Marvin Lewis for calling him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read