Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2004   #21
Harry Biped
Rookie

That's what they did at the Astrodome, if I remember right. I like the fact that Reliant has grass, but if they can't find a way to keep the grass alive then it's not worth it. I'm sure they will find a way to upgrade or improve eventually.
Harry Biped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #22
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I've never understood the logic behind "wetting a field to slow the other team down". If you wet the field and it slows the other team, wouldn't it also slow your own players down thus negating the slowing down the other team advantage?

And yeah, bring in the field turf. If astro turf was the only other option, then I'd say keep working with the grass. But there's nothing wrong with field turf (as long as the turf ain't blue...Boise State).
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Battle red field turf anyone?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That would look like they were playing on Mars or something.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #25
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Battle red field turf anyone?
LOL, I'm still trying to get over Boise State's turf:

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #26
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought they did have trays that they kept outside (somewhere?) that they rotated with the ones in Reliant?
Old 12-15-2004   #27
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

That's one pretty field!

BTW..(from above) weight difference between Shaq and a bull .. give or take 2000 lbs probably.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2004   #28
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84

You know when you look at a picture of BS's field it doesn't look so bad. Sort of unique and kinds of makes a statement.

However when you watch it on TV it tends to play tricks with your eyes (mine anyway) and to me it's hard to see the ball.

Wonder how many fans of their home games go home with migraines?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #29
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

A little color thought .. a list of colors and the moods they provoke.
I would have to vote for green... .. for a playing field.
And opponents should all have to wear bright yellow ..

*Blue: A relaxing color. Blue lowers blood pressure, calms, gives a sense of security, and suppresses appetite.

*Red: This color raises the blood pressure, stimulates appetite and conversation and is often associated with excitement.

*Orange: This color stimulates the appetite, is friendly, relaxing and ambitious.

*Green: This is the easiest color for the eyes to focus on for long periods of time. It soothes pain and is associated with optimism.

*Bright yellow: This color is an eye irritant and a highly emotional color. After long periods of time, yellow invokes feelings of anger and hostility. However, yellow, in small doses, is a friendly, happy color.

*Black: This is a powerful, mysterious color and is associated with seriousness.

*Pink: This is a youthful, feminine color. Pink is also a soft, sensitive color.

*Purple: This color is often associated with royalty. It is also a contemporary color.

*Brown: This is an organic, earthy color. It is considered to be heavy and unpretentious.

students.usm.maine.edu/ethoma71/HOMEITT241.HTM
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #30
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite color has always been purple. Any shade will do.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like a mixture of blue and green, but I can't believe we're talking about this on a football message board, lol.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #32
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Just wondering how bad that field is gonna look for the Cleveland game?

More likely will be a cross between a checkerboard and a patchwork quilt, with colors ranging from spray-painted green to brown to various shades of gray.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #33
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeeeze, it's actually worse than I thought!

I think it's actually more of an embarrassment than how the team played today.
Old 01-02-2005   #34
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Both pretty bad that's for sure.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, the nice slip that Carr had (buying him a sack) was something I could have done without. Right now we've got the best stadium in the NFL with a field that I wouldn't want to see in a high school stadium. I've seen elementary school playgrounds that looked better than the field at Reliant.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #36
Demon
Rookie

Let's not blame the turf. That is a sorry excuse. The Texans were not at their best and nothing would have changed that scenario. Forget turf. Think draft.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #37
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 19226 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84

Interseting note on B State's turf. THey have to cover it with a green tarp due to all the ducks tyring to land on the turf/lake and killing themselves.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #38
Harry Biped
Rookie

Duck murderers!!!
Harry Biped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #39
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon
Let's not blame the turf. That is a sorry excuse. The Texans were not at their best and nothing would have changed that scenario. Forget turf. Think draft.
Who said that I, or anyone else for that matter, was blaming the Texans losses on the turf? Not I, nor anyone else. I'm just saying that the turf at Reliant Stadium is the subject of negative publicity and embarrassment. And deservedly so.

It should be like the turf/grass at all the rest of the NFL stadiums. A non-issue.
Old 01-02-2005   #40
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Picture of the turf from my camera phone before the game even started. It was horrible. I mean, when Carr slid out of bounds, it was like a slip n' slide.
Go to the field turf....I can only imagine what it looked like on tv.

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read