Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2008   #41
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which Texan is a possible 1st time Pro Bowler in '08? (According to NFL.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But I don't think Schaub's chances of being a first time Pro Bowler are as good as Mario's, Dunta's, or Owen Daniel's.
If OD has the kind of year that puts him in the Pro Bowl, I'm thinking that Schaub is a big part of that.

I put Schaub's chances at a Pro Bowl higher than Dunta's because of Dunta is coming off of injury. I would be happy seeing a productive Dunta make the field this season. Pro Bowl is beyond wildest expectations.
Old 06-03-2008   #42
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which Texan is a possible 1st time Pro Bowler in '08? (According to NFL.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
totally overthinking this. Schaub has as good a shot as anyone if he has a good year....with so many QB's getting injured year in, year out....he just has to have a good year and stay healthy and he has a big shot. That's how Steve McNair and Vince Young and Derek Anderson made it in the last few years.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as you're ok with being wrong you're free to disagree with me. J/K vin.

Do you think Schaub has as good a shot as Manning Brady and someone like Carson or Rivers? If all four of those qb's had IDENTICAL numbers Manning, Brady, and Phillip Go. Throw Anderson who's been on the tip of people's tongues for a couple of years and throw in media child Rothlesberger and as of now Schaub stands virtually zero chance IMHO.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #43
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't be surprised if Manning or Brady decline Pro Bowl spots. Regardless, the TE position is not as deep as the QB position in the AFC, and Owen Daniels was at the top of the ENTIRE NFL in TE stats (recieving yards; he was average in TD receptions).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Do you think Schaub has as good a shot as Manning, Brady and someone like Carson or Rivers? If all four of those qb's had IDENTICAL numbers Manning, Brady, and Phillip Go. Throw Anderson who's been on the tip of people's tongues for a couple of years and throw in media child Rothlesberger and as of now Schaub stands virtually zero chance IMHO.

Mike
Excellent points.

IMHO, Schaub's best chance is if our team leapfrogs both the Titans and the Jags due to his play. If he leads the Texans to first or second place in "the toughest division in football", then that cannot be ignored.

Individual stats can be dismissed as a one-year wonder phenomenon - I think someone said that about Derek Alexander. And if the wins/playoffs don't accompany the gaudy stats then the detractors have a case.

a weak case.... but still

Last edited by ObsiWan; 06-03-2008 at 10:12 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

duplication
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if Manning or Brady decline Pro Bowl spots. Regardless, the TE position is not as deep as the QB position in the AFC, and Owen Daniels was at the top of the ENTIRE NFL in TE stats (recieving yards; he was average in TD receptions).
I don't remember Manning ever declining a Pro Bowl invite. Brady does and IMO it's kind of irritating. I should be an honor to be invited to the PB.

I freaking love OD's game, but he's got an uphill battle to make the PB too. Gonzo, Gates, Clark, K2 and now Crumpler are well known comodities.
Old 06-04-2008   #47
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

1. Mario Williams
2. DeMeco Ryans
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2008   #48
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I put Schaub's chances at a Pro Bowl higher than Dunta's because of Dunta is coming off of injury.
Schaub is coming off an injury too.

On that note alone, I'd forego talks of pro bowl in leiu of simply playing a full season.
Old 06-05-2008   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as you're ok with being wrong you're free to disagree with me. J/K vin.

Do you think Schaub has as good a shot as Manning Brady and someone like Carson or Rivers? If all four of those qb's had IDENTICAL numbers Manning, Brady, and Phillip Go. Throw Anderson who's been on the tip of people's tongues for a couple of years and throw in media child Rothlesberger and as of now Schaub stands virtually zero chance IMHO.

Mike
just because I give my opinion it doesn't mean that you should automatically considered your opinion canceled. All I did was engage you with my opinion.

To answer your question, I think that Schaub has as good a chance as any QB if he has a big year and stays healthy. I gave an example of a few QB's that weren't exactly tearing it up the last few years that got in since NFL QB's get so beat up in unpredictable manners year in, year out. As far as your example with Anderson....Anderson hasn't been on the tip of potential Pro Bowlers for years...hell, the Browns spent a couple of first round picks for Brady Quinn in 2007 because they really didn't have a viable starter till last season when Anderson had his first decent season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #50
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
just because I give my opinion it doesn't mean that you should automatically considered your opinion canceled. All I did was engage you with my opinion.

To answer your question, I think that Schaub has as good a chance as any QB if he has a big year and stays healthy. I gave an example of a few QB's that weren't exactly tearing it up the last few years that got in since NFL QB's get so beat up in unpredictable manners year in, year out. As far as your example with Anderson....Anderson hasn't been on the tip of potential Pro Bowlers for years...hell, the Browns spent a couple of first round picks for Brady Quinn in 2007 because they really didn't have a viable starter till last season when Anderson had his first decent season.
On Anderson. Ok 2 years.

As far as the opinion thing goes.. man I was just messing around.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #51
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
Schaub is coming off an injury too.

On that note alone, I'd forego talks of pro bowl in leiu of simply playing a full season.
An injury to a non-throwing shoulder is not the same thing as a knee.
Old 06-06-2008   #52
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
An injury to a non-throwing shoulder is not the same thing as a knee.
Especially a injury that won't cause him to miss almost half the season......like Dunta.

Comparing Schaub's injury to Dunta's is like comparing a hang nail to a severed finger.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you guys consider MS, what about Cutler?

I thought he played quite well for the Broncos.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #54
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
If you guys consider MS, what about Cutler?

I thought he played quite well for the Broncos.
Yeah he can take that step and he did play well for them, but for a QB to make it to the probowl, it also takes alot of hype (team success) and I don't think his team is ready to take that next step with him. I really think that franchise misses Gibbs and Kubiak, if you actually go visit their boards even some of their fans admit as much.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of 'em Broncos folks are just too nice!

I hope that their 6th round pick (Larsen) works out for them.

And also that 4th rounder (a center, of course).
LOL, some of their fans want Okam here!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #56
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

the pro bowl is a popularity contest and the Texans aren't popular. unless we have a player who is leading the league in something statistical (say, tackles, ypg or sacks) i doubt we'd have anyone popular enough on a national level. i wouldn't get your hopes up beyond Ryans, Johnson and Williams.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #57
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Smile 2008 Possible Pro Bowlers

(Possible)
Mario
Demeco
A.J.
Winston
Whoever wins starting RB job
Bennett
Demps
Amobi
Chester
Schaubby

Last edited by Battle Red Flash; 06-06-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: forgot somethin'
Battle Red Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #58
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

That 3rd AFC QB slot is up for grabs. No reason that Schaub can't legitimately compete for it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read