Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Texans LB Ryans taking on leadership role in third season

Saw this on the front page of nfl.com and thought you people might be interested. Sure am glad we got The Engineer on our side!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old 05-31-2008   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans LB Ryans taking on leadership role in third season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Saw this on the front page of nfl.com and thought you people might be interested. Sure am glad we got The Engineer on our side!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Wow, I didn't even see that on the front page when I went like a few minutes ago. I must be blind.

I like positive press about Ryans. I think if our defense has a breakout season (the entire defense this time, not just Mario Williams) then we'll see plenty of "good guy" pieces about those two players.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Saw this earlier, loved the fact we're getting good stuff written in the press, and nice to see that DeMeco is being the recognition that he's earnt over the last two years. Sounds like his off the field teamwork is just as impressive as his on the field stuff.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I was very excited to read this:

"He's like a big brother to me," Diles said. "He's my mentor. He's been so important to me. He's so smart. He took me under his wing last year. He tells me to work hard, play hard and concentrate on everything I do. Coming from a guy like DeMeco, of course you're going to listen."

When its all said and done DeMeco's contributions to the players around him may be even more impressive than his individual accolades
Old 05-31-2008   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I was very excited to read this:

"He's like a big brother to me," Diles said. "He's my mentor. He's been so important to me. He's so smart. He took me under his wing last year. He tells me to work hard, play hard and concentrate on everything I do. Coming from a guy like DeMeco, of course you're going to listen."

When its all said and done DeMeco's contributions to the players around him may be even more impressive than his individual accolades
I would set myself on fire if DeMeco told me to. He's just one of those kind of guys.

I will forever remember shaking his hand at the Texans All Access in 2006. I chose to meet him and a few others (Winston, Bruener) instead of waiting in line for DD/DW and Carr. I think I made the right choice on that one.
Old 05-31-2008   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i enjoyed the part about him being overshadowed by mario's 14 sacks. even though ryans is the one who went to the propular bowl.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read