Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2008   #21
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Replay:Texans versus Cleveland 11/25/07

Oops, didn't see this thread. Will someone merge mine to this one?
Old 06-01-2008   #22
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
To me, stopping the run is the key to this unit being able to protect our young secondary. If we can't stop the run any better than this we will have a team that looks alot like the Cardinals of the last few years. Good enough to be around .500 but not good enough contend in the playoffs.
Hopefully, Okam will be the key to stopping the run that this team needs.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #23
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Hopefully, Okam will be the key to stopping the run that this team needs.
okam and tj could be a nice run stuffing dt duo
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #24
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like this game is what proves Kubiak's statements of we have a long way to go and not celebrating about 8-8. We have to remember games like this where we didn't stop the run and overcome the bad officiating to pull out a winnable game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Did we win this time around?

Turnovers cost us this game.
Old 06-02-2008   #26
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was nice to watch the game yesterday, even though I knew we were going to lose. I BBQ'ed some steaks, shish-ka-bobs, fingerling potatoes on skewers, and some stuffed jalapeno peppers with sausage, cheese, and wrapped with bacon. I also cooked some Bush's grilling beans (man I love those things). We sat down to our feast and watched the game, my blood still gets boiling as if I'm watching it in real time. That was a really winable game, as were others, we just beat ourselves with some key mistakes. I'm hoping we can correct those items this season and improve our wins by a couple (I'm being realistic).
This season can't come fast enough, but I know it will be here before we know it. It's already June and we've only got rougly 10 weeks until preseason. It'll be here in the blink of an eye. (then it's bow season, yeah)
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #27
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
okam and tj could be a nice run stuffing dt duo
Personally I'm hoping for a Okam/Okoye pairing myself. One big body to fill gaps and one with quicks to pressure the QB.

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2008   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIS View Post
Personally I'm hoping for a Okam/Okoye pairing myself. One big body to fill gaps and one with quicks to pressure the QB.
Okam is the new hope as the guy to keep the second level Guard off DeMeco. TJ and Okoye struggle with this.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

tuned in for about one minute, watched Schuab dump ball over middle 8 yards into a crowd, very high risk low reward decision, ball was tipped then intercepted just off the carpet, some ugliness in attempted tackling & faltered mid-field possession.

one thing that really bothers me is our QB inabiltiy to pull down the ball & bootleg for leftovers when a play is broken. better decisions, more athletic play & Texans should win these games 9 out of 10 times.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #30
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Our defense in this game was pathetic. To many cases of playing off and staying home led too a lot of yards given up, especially to the running game. They let Jamal Lewis dominate this game, and it was pathetic.

It was also one of Schaub's worst performances as a starter. He was putting very little zip into his passes, which resulted in a lot of floaters. Then you had Owen Daniels playing the role of butterfingers, yet again.

It's watching the Texans play like that that reminds me of how far we have to go to be a true playoff contender.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
tuned in for about one minute, watched Schuab dump ball over middle 8 yards into a crowd, very high risk low reward decision, ball was tipped then intercepted just off the carpet, some ugliness in attempted tackling & faltered mid-field possession.

one thing that really bothers me is our QB inabiltiy to pull down the ball & bootleg for leftovers when a play is broken. better decisions, more athletic play & Texans should win these games 9 out of 10 times.
I want to agree with this, for the most part. I know some guys don't want to hear it, but Sage is much better at making something out of nothing than Schaub is. Take it for what it's worth.

But again, like it's been said in this thread, there were a lot of things that woulda, coulda, shoulda won this game for us. We've got a lot of things to work on.
Old 06-02-2008   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Perhaps the reason why the staff is pushing along Frank Okam quickly.
You mean the svelt 330 pound Okam?? we'll see. I was excited about the signing, but now, I don't know.

Anyone see Robaire Smith Playing the Nose?? Why in the world did we have him at DE, and Seth playing Nose Tackle?? Should've been the other way around.

& Antwoine's sack?? That was nice no?? I mean I'd still like for him to be on this team and all, and I hate that he sacked our QB, but, I hope things work out for him in Cleveland.
Old 06-02-2008   #33
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

I don't think you can really lay this game at the foot of one player. The whole team pretty much stunk up the joint.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #34
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Beleive it or not I watched this game because my wife said" Hey lets watch some football and make it feel like fall".
Partly because its been over 100 here, and she does like to watch football once in awhile, and becaue I got to drink beer also!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #35
ojthecat
Veteran

I still cant believe the call when Anderson is clearly two yards past the line when he throws the ball and they dont call it. That one call clearly had a huge impact on the game.
Old 06-03-2008   #36
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

I heartily agree with that. Okam needs to be the real deal for us to get better in the run defense.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #37
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Beleive it or not I watched this game because my wife said" Hey lets watch some football and make it feel like fall".
Partly because its been over 100 here, and she does like to watch football once in awhile, and becaue I got to drink beer also!
I've said a few times... you know, there's something about that Mrs. Big Wig that I really like and now it all makes sense.

Okam is a different design than TJ -- far better potential at the 0 or 1 and that's why he was drafted because of our weakness there.

As far as the road games, I think Atlanta pissed me off the most in terms of all around failure and blown potential.

Last edited by aj.; 06-03-2008 at 09:08 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #38
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
As far as the road games, I think Atlanta pissed me off the most in terms of all around failure and blown potential.
Got to agree with you there. Getting lit up by Joey Harrington had to be the low point of the season. Going into that game I think most had that marked as a win even though it was a road game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #39
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
To me, stopping the run is the key to this unit being able to protect our young secondary. If we can't stop the run any better than this we will have a team that looks alot like the Cardinals of the last few years. Good enough to be around .500 but not good enough contend in the playoffs.
Smack on Vinnie. If we improve our run defense, it will make the job of the secondary a lot easier. That is why I am watching how well Okam does. For someone drafted in the 5th round, we are sure going to be depending on him.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read