Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Replay:Texans versus Cleveland 11/25/07

nfl network sunday 3 pm

Quote:
Houston Texans vs. Cleveland Browns (11/25/07) - Derek Anderson leads the Browns past the Texans as Cleveland improves to 7-4, keeping pace in the AFC playoff race.
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networ...d=selectedDate

just an update for those missing football
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay:Texans versus Cleveland 11/25/07

oops this sunday at 3 pm
Old 05-29-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
oops this sunday at 3 pm
No worries. I think the Texans missed the time of that game too..
Old 05-29-2008   #4
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks. Good information for those of us who are feeling pro footbal deprived right about now.

They were pretty beatup by that game.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

How is this game one of the best of the 2007 season? I know even Brown fans would say that wasn't one of the best of the 07 season.

How come NFL network never shows our game against Denver?

I know I sound like a whiny fan but I'd like to see our game with us winning too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
How is this game one of the best of the 2007 season? I know even Brown fans would say that wasn't one of the best of the 07 season.

I know I sound like a whiny fan but I'd like to see our game with us winning too.
are they doing it by the week? I thought i heard "best of week 12" but could be wrong, I was just excited the Texans were playing

if it is by the week Denver-Houston better be on sometime later

schedule only goes to june 1st
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networ...37;2F29%2F2008
Old 05-29-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Thanks. Good information for those of us who are feeling pro footbal deprived right about now.

They were pretty beatup by that game.
We did have our highlights. Seems like we went up 7-0 with a Schaub to Walter TD. If OD doesn't cough up the football we could have gotten back into the game. I'll be watching as the off-season to long. It is getting shorter at least.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2008   #8
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

They show the best games from each week of the season...we'll have to wait till week 15 if they show the Denver ass whipping the Texans gave.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt they show the Denver game.
No drama.
They like to show the games that went down to the wire or where somebody set a record, like when Peterson went for 200 yds.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #10
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I doubt they show the Denver game.
No drama.
They like to show the games that went down to the wire or where somebody set a record, like when Peterson went for 200 yds.
Well, there's the whole Kubiak returning to Denver to take on Shanahan during prime time thing. Mario also put up 3.5 sacks in that game. I don't see a reason (outside of media hatred of the Texans) that the game wouldn't be replayed.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.nfl.com/scores?season=2007&week=Week+15

week 15 and all games played

saints and cards was a high scoring game

dolphins finally win one over ravens

Last edited by Wolf; 05-30-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-31-2008   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21536 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

That game was Bulls**t!!

That first turnover , the deflection out of Owen's hands was due to pass interference. That should have been a Texans first down not a turn over. There was some other terrible call I can't recall that really changed the momentum.

I consider that game a win for the officials. The Texans were 9 and 7 last year in my book!!!!!

I can't wait until all the Cleveland hype ends when they end up 6 and 10 in 2009!!!!
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #13
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

I hated that game.

We couldn't stop the run in the second half. They pounded the ball down the field, controlled the clock, and pretty much wore out our front four.

Check out this excerpt from
the Browns second drive of the third quater:
1-10-CLE 42 (12:21) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 43 for 15 yards (34-V.Hutchins, 32-F.Bennett).
1-10-HOU 43 (11:24) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 38 for 5 yards (59-D.Ryans).
2-5-HOU 38 (11:03) 29-J.Wright right tackle to HOU 28 for 10 yards (56-M.Greenwood).
1-10-HOU 28 (10:22) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 23 for 5 yards (32-F.Bennett).
2-5-HOU 23 (9:44) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 13 for 10 yards (34-V.Hutchins).
1-10-HOU 13 (8:57) 29-J.Wright right guard to HOU 10 for 3 yards (24-C.Brown, 96-E.Cochran).

They ran the ball six plays straight without even sniffing 3rd down. 48 straight yards on the ground. Although they only got a field goal out of that drive, it was the turning point in the game.

Man, I was pissed...

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #14
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the game replays.

The only thing I wish NFLN would do is just list the game "Texans @ Browns Nov, 25,2007" only. I have to try to look away before they show the results. Obviously I know the result of this game, but not the others that will air.

My kid love the Manning boys. I know... I know...she gets it from her mama....what can I do?

Anyway...they ran the big Indy comeback on MNF vs Tampa the other night. I lied to her and told her it was the first "spring pre-season game" and laughed at the Colts losing so bad. When they came back and won she was all in my face. Then I showed her the listing that said it was from 2000....lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIS View Post
I hated that game.

We couldn't stop the run in the second half. They pounded the ball down the field, controlled the clock, and pretty much wore out our front four.

1-10-CLE 42 (12:21) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 43 for 15 yards (34-V.Hutchins, 32-F.Bennett).
2-5-HOU 38 (11:03) 29-J.Wright right tackle to HOU 28 for 10 yards (56-M.Greenwood).
1-10-HOU 28 (10:22) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 23 for 5 yards (32-F.Bennett).
1-10-HOU 13 (8:57) 29-J.Wright right guard to HOU 10 for 3 yards (24-C.Brown, 96-E.Cochran).

They ran the ball six plays straight without even sniffing 3rd down. 48 straight yards on the ground. Although they only got a field goal out of that drive, it was the turning point in the game.

Man, I was pissed...
Yep, pretty much our inability to stop jamal lewis in the 2nd half when they had a lead is what killed us. Also, AJ had a very off game as well (Leigh Bodden was the one doing the covering on him I beleive).
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, stopping the run is the key to this unit being able to protect our young secondary. If we can't stop the run any better than this we will have a team that looks alot like the Cardinals of the last few years. Good enough to be around .500 but not good enough contend in the playoffs.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yep, pretty much our inability to stop jamal lewis in the 2nd half when they had a lead is what killed us. Also, AJ had a very off game as well (Leigh Bodden was the one doing the covering on him I beleive).
i think it was brandon macdonald actually... i seem to remember browns fans raving about their rookie afterwards
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #18
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default HOU @ CLE - NFL Replay (PLEASE MERGE)

It's on right now.

Wow, judging by the first quarter you would think that the outcome of the game would have been a lot different. We were dominating.

Didn't see the other thread. lol

Last edited by AnthonyE; 06-01-2008 at 05:06 PM.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't do it......I just watched the first half of the replay and it reminded me of how many points we left on the field, Houston should've put that game away early. It just made me sick watching it all over again, I had to turn it off.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 06-01-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIS View Post
I hated that game.

Man, I was pissed...

Perhaps the reason why the staff is pushing along Frank Okam quickly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read