Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-29-2008   #1
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Respect from McFarlane

There's a thread about respect from Madden, but what I want to see is respect from Todd McFarlane. Where are some Texans figurines. A second Reggie Bush figurine and no Demeco Ryans, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, Dunta Robinson, or Kris Brown (ok that might be a stretch, but c'mon already). The only one they have made was a David Carr back in 2003.

They have JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Cedric Benson, William Thomas, and Kevin Mawae, but none of our hometown boys. Heck, they made a freakin' Chris Weinke figurine. Where's the love from Spawn.com??
Old 05-29-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Respect from McFarlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
There's a thread about respect from Madden, but what I want to see is respect from Todd McFarlane. Where are some Texans figurines. A second Reggie Bush figurine and no Demeco Ryans, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, Dunta Robinson, or Kris Brown (ok that might be a stretch, but c'mon already). The only one they have made was a David Carr back in 2003.

They have JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Cedric Benson, William Thomas, and Kevin Mawae, but none of our hometown boys. Heck, they made a freakin' Chris Weinke figurine. Where's the love from Spawn.com??
Yeah, every time I see a guy like Cedric Benson I think - 'how the hell is there no AJ??' They need to get on with it. I'd buy a Mario Williams figure, for sure.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

It ain't about "respect".
Its about sales.
We have to represent a larger potential market before they make an investment - think of all the Reggie Bush jerseys that were sold in 06. That told the toymakers that there was a potential market for the figurines too. How many Mario (or DeMeco or Dunta for that matter) jerseys have been sold compared to Reggie's or Vince's? Hell, I don't see that many Mario jerseys in Houston, let alone anywhere else in the country.

and before you ask, I have one each jersey for both Mario and DeMeco. They go nicely with my Jamie Sharper jersey.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Its about sales.
We have to represent a larger potential market before they make an investment - think of all the Reggie Bush jerseys that were sold in 06. That told the toymakers that there was a potential market for the figurines too. How many Mario (or DeMeco or Dunta for that matter) jerseys have been sold compared to Reggie's or Vince's? Hell, I don't see that many Mario jerseys in Houston, let alone anywhere else in the country.

and before you ask, I have one each jersey for both Mario and DeMeco. They go nicely with my Jamie Sharper jersey.
Exactly.

Until we at least make the playoffs, I doubt we will get love from these type of people (salesmen).
Old 05-29-2008   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its about sales.

Your marketing debate is correct IMO. However the city of Houston is very large and though MW and DR don't sell alot of jerseys I am sure Andre Johnson does. I am also sure he sells many more than Kevin Mawae. If they were to put an Andre Johnson (two time Pro Bowler) out on the shelves, that large city of Houston would eat it up.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Exactly.

Until we at least make the playoffs, I doubt we will get love from these type of people (salesmen).
Brady Quinn, Jemarcus Russell and Chris Weinke made the playoffs?
Old 05-29-2008   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post

Reading this made me realize the point you are making and it kind of tics me off. There is a collectibles store here in Austin, and even that guy said he doesn't know why there haven't been any Andre Johnson figurines.
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2008   #8
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its about sales.

I have to believe that the sale of the Mario jerseys will start to increase, especially if he continues to improve his stats, and the Bush jerseys will start to decline, along with his numbers. As for VY it's hard to say. His jersey will probably always be popular around here, but on the national level, it could go either way depending on how his career goes. But that's probably true of any player.

Bottom line, when it's all said and done, and if things keep going the way they are now with all 3 of them, I see Mario coming out on top with his career and probably with jersey sales. He may have started slow but he's starting to come on strong now! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #9
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

You would think if one made for the texans... atleast it would be Andre Johnson. In my opinion even when hes not 100% but still plays, he still is consistent.
Bigbots_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Exactly.

yep, you hit the nail on the head. It's all about marketing opportunities, and until this team has a winning season, much less a playoff appearance, I do not expect much respect from the national media or merchandise companies.
Old 05-29-2008   #11
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep, you hit the nail on the head. It's all about marketing opportunities, and until this team has a winning season, much less a playoff appearance, I do not expect much respect from the national media or merchandise companies.
*******ed up but true... I cant find anything in florida where I stationed so I waited until I came back home. I couldnt find any replathentic or authentic houston texans jersys. I know that I would have more of a selection when football season hits but its kinda aggrivating when you drive TO Houston and cant find anything but a Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop is TOO EASY to find. They had replicas, authentics, replathentics and everything. Its like... If you cant go to HOUSTON for a HOUSTON TEXANS JERSEY... you cant go anywhere.
Bigbots_02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read