Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2004   #1
ColtsFan in CA
Rookie

Default good Game guys

well played and very good defense. You kept it close and were in it down to the wire

good luck with the rest odf the season and see you all next year
ColtsFan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #2
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Thanks, we knew that the Texans would play respectable.

Good Luck in the super bowl
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to the Colts for winning the AFC South but I am not ready to say they will be in the Super Bowl.
axman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

No, me neither. DD rushed for 128 yards on them today. What's Pittsburgh gonna do to them?

Congrats, however, on having the best QB in the history of the world.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #5
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsFan in CA
well played and very good defense. You kept it close and were in it down to the wire

good luck with the rest odf the season and see you all next year
Class post
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #6
txhoosier
Veteran

Great game yesterday...I met a LOT of classy Texan fans, and a LOT less that were ummm...not so classy, but overall, it was a good time.

My take:
T's defense did it's job yesterday...the offense was moving the ball well when it wanted to, and then self-destructed...the play calling by the Texans was not what I expected, especially in the 2nd half when they knew the Colts D was playing it's normal terrible game. That, to me shows one of 2 things...a lack of confidence by the coaches in the players on the field (i doubt this...) or a coaching change is in order.

Hey, JoeTexan...was that you that called in to SportsRadio 610 on Friday afternoon? (I think the caller had tipped a few bottles back prior to calling, but they referred to JoeTexan as a "legendary fan", and it seemed to fit.

Anyway...I took some pics before the game if anyone is interested...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/omarasm/album?.dir=/2b28
Old 12-13-2004   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, thats pretty cool you got a shot of you and Carr's Dad.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2004   #8
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 243 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck to the Colts also...too bad they're gonna lose to the Pats again if those 2 meet up in the postseason.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #9
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

Best of luck in your playoff run.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Next season, we wear the red jerseys against the Colts.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Wanna bet a perfect Battle Red day vs. the Colts huh?

... I'm game.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #12
txhoosier
Veteran

Carr's dad is a really nice guy. I introduced myself, and told him that I thought his son was a hell of a QB. He looked at my hat, and said that I have a pretty good one on my team, too.

Class act, and I enjoyed my conversation with him. He got DC to come over and sign some autographs for some fans, too. That was cool of him...

Man, he's tall!!!
Old 12-14-2004   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i'd also like to see battle red against the colts next season !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr comes from a great family. How tall is his Dad anyway?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #15
txhoosier
Veteran

i i'm a guessin' man, (and I am...) I would say about 6'5". I'm about 6', but with that hat on, you can't tell the difference in height in that picture.

I may have to compress it a bit and use it for my avatar.
Old 12-14-2004   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Congrats, however, on having the best QB in the history of the world.

You are kidding, right? Not even close!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #17
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
You are kidding, right? Not even close!
not even close? he's close...he's very close. There is no one, and I mean no one who can read and remember the defensive looks that are in that man's brain. How can you say he's not even close??

..or were you kidding?
Old 12-14-2004   #18
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
Carr's dad is a really nice guy. I introduced myself, and told him that I thought his son was a hell of a QB. He looked at my hat, and said that I have a pretty good one on my team, too.

Class act, and I enjoyed my conversation with him. He got DC to come over and sign some autographs for some fans, too. That was cool of him...

Man, he's tall!!!
Sorry, you met some "less favorable characters". We are glad you are in Texas.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I was jumping the gun a little bit by saying that, when you consider guys like Elway, Montana, Marino (lol), but, if I was, it wasn't by very much. The guy is the real deal, without a doubt.

You know, actually, I have no doubt that he will go down as THE greatest until somebody in the future actually does better (if that ever happens).
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #20
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Maybe I was jumping the gun a little bit by saying that, when you consider guys like Elway, Montana, Marino (lol), but, if I was, it wasn't by very much. The guy is the real deal, without a doubt.

You know, actually, I have no doubt that he will go down as THE greatest until somebody in the future actually does better (if that ever happens).
I hope that PM sets all the new records...then I hope in my lifetime someone comes along and breaks them. How much fun will that be?

Meloy, thank you for the kind words.

I changed my avatar...that's my pup modeling my hat for me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read