Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2004   #41
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just frustrating that they can't do anything about it once they've made the mistake of blowing the whistle too soon. It's an uncorrectable mistake.
HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #42
txhoosier
Veteran

inadvertent whistles are a boon to everyone...

You may or may not remember, but a few years ago, the Colts were in a game...4th quarter, down by 3. Moving the chains, with enough time for a couple more plays, but in the red zone. Manning told the head ref that he was going to fake the spike. Teams lined up, PM takes the snap, fakes the spike, and proceeds to walk over towards the sidelines...one of the line judges blew his whistle right as the defense relaxed and manning headed into the end zone for the touchdown. Rule was that the inadvertent whistle made the play dead, and there was 1 second left to kick the FG to send the game into OT, where the Colts lost the game.

But...they are part of the game, and there are rules there for when they happen. They do suck, you won't hear me defending them...
Old 12-14-2004   #43
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Also on whistles....

Wasn't there a whistle or two in the stands, which coincided closely to our end of the first half fumble?

If I EVER caught anyone doing that, from either team.... The whistle would travel to unfriendly places.

I know in college ball the refs are encouraged to error on the OTHER side (well, Big 10), because a replay can overturn a missed whsitle.

*shrugs*

Something for them to work on.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #44
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Anybody else here watching the GB-Jax game and wondering why the $%$% Hochuli decided to wait to blow the whistle THIS week??????
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #45
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that play and I'm so glad they did not blow it. He was turning his elbow and just about to throw when he got hit. The first time I saw the replay, I thought it was forward motion, but, after seeing it several more times, I could see that it really was a fumble. That's why you don't blow whistles when you're not sure the play's over. Of course, this time, they got it right the first time. You gotta feel bad for that guy that picked up the ball and stood there with it, only to get a fumble, but he should've known they hadn't stopped the play yet.
HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #46
Dhedluk
Rookie

Maybe thats what they mean by "mind-numbing cold"
If there could be an opposite to the "12 man" it would have to be this years refs
Old 12-19-2004   #47
Mistril48
All Pro

Same play ... ball out ... a Sharper recovers and Hochuli makes the same call "Hey, whatever is best for the league's stars!"

In Favre's case, let's call it a touchdown!

In Mannings case, let's give Peyton another chance!

When will be receive equal treatment?
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read