Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2008   #21
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Texans want to see new, improved version of Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Off topic but...

I'm going to school in Iowa starting in the Fall. Is there anyway I can watch the Texans games online?
If you find out, please let me know!!!!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #22
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If JJ steps it up and plays well this season the Texans will have one of the top WR cores in the NFL IMO.
Old 05-28-2008   #23
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Off topic but...

I'm going to school in Iowa starting in the Fall. Is there anyway I can watch the Texans games online?
I went here a number of times last year. You need to download a SOPcast player or TVU. Sometimes the link to watch the game is only posted in the forum. The feed is sporadic, quality varies, and it'll test your patience.

It may also be illegal. I don't know.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #24
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Jacoby Jones isn't beating out Kevin Walter, because in this system under Alex Gibbs, Gibbs expects EVERYONE to block and Kevin Walter is a excellent blocking WR. Kevin Walter is also a big target who always seems to get open......he's a chain mover, first down machine, and one of Kubiak's favorites. Jacoby Jones is going to have to do his damage from the slot this season.

Seriously in his first season starting the guy had 65 catches and 800 receiving yards as a #2 reciever......i still don't understand why people always want to replace Kevin Walter.
Agreed. I would call Walter a clutch receiver, as he always manages to make a catch when it counts, like on 3rd down. Jones on the other hand has looked shaky and inconsistent, especially after his injury. Watching him drop that punt and then 3rd down pass in the same game against Tennessee really left a sour taste in my mouth as far as he is concerned. He's going to have enough of a problem beating out Andre Davis for the slot receiver position, let alone beating out Walter for the number two.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Kevin Walter is a beast and id love to see them throw out AJ,Walter,Jones,Slaton, and Daniels i mean how do you guard that?
You knock the QB on his rump.....
Old 05-29-2008   #26
ocd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm really liking the dynamics of our offense the more I think about it. Improved OL, improved RB's, Daniels at TE, and a slew of WR's that I love for our team.

Daniels at TE...somebody finally mentioned him. The TE in this offense will be the sleeper because of everything you just mentioned. Watch how important Daniels is to this offense THIS year.

If you're into fantasy football (which I'm not), grab him or regret.
ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #27
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd View Post
Daniels at TE...somebody finally mentioned him. The TE in this offense will be the sleeper because of everything you just mentioned. Watch how important Daniels is to this offense THIS year.

If you're into fantasy football (which I'm not), grab him or regret.
I'm just hoping he's gotten over that slight fumbling problem he seemed to develop last year. But yeah, I think he will be key to our offense this year.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2008   #28
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally don't care what guy did/does in the preseason.

16 games - show it there. Until then, Who is Jacoby Jones (besides a lot of speed of potential)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #29
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Jacoby Jones isn't beating out Kevin Walter, because in this system under Alex Gibbs, Gibbs expects EVERYONE to block and Kevin Walter is a excellent blocking WR. Kevin Walter is also a big target who always seems to get open......he's a chain mover, first down machine, and one of Kubiak's favorites. Jacoby Jones is going to have to do his damage from the slot this season.

Seriously in his first season starting the guy had 65 catches and 800 receiving yards as a #2 reciever......i still don't understand why people always want to replace Kevin Walter.
I think he would be deadly in the slot.
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #30
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ better have put on some muscle in the offseason so he can take those NFL hits.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
JJ better have put on some muscle in the offseason so he can take those NFL hits.
On HT.com, he says in the OTA 7 recap that he's staying in Houston and working with the strength and conditioning guys. So, at least he knows what he has to work on.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #32
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i've always felt jacoby had the potential to get loose after the catch which means the slot for him, no way he takes the #2 anytime soon
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #33
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak says the light comes on for some players in their 2nd year. It sure did for Mario. Hope JJ has seen that "light"!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read