Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-27-2008   #1
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Too much pressure for VY??

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this, but I find it quite interesting. It may just have been a slow news day, but still.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3413244
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Too much pressure for VY??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this, but I find it quite interesting. It may just have been a slow news day, but still.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3413244
Quote:
He proved that to himself when he handled scrutiny that came his way when pictures of him drinking shirtless at a party showed up on the Internet.
He's learned a most valuable lesson now.............when he drinks now, he'll keep his shirt on.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He's learned a most valuable lesson now.............when he drinks now, he'll keep his shirt on.
I wonder if he will come out during his career.
Old 05-27-2008   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
It would seem that he sort of has. Hasn't made any sort of speach or anything, but it is looking a lot like a duck.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #5
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Come on guys. There is nothing gay about being a crybaby who likes to emote and drink tequila shirtless with other shirtless men. It's not gay! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't catch the part about the party being a "special" sort of party. I found a photo and can only say that I'm understanding why he chose UT now.

Wowzer. I mean...uh, well....you see, it's...uh...wow. Um...okey-dokey.

Cue the old rugged street cop who says "There's nothing to see here...move along everybody. Keep moving. OK, let's go. Keep moving."
Old 05-30-2008   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Now he's saying "I never thought about quitting."

Thank you, Mr. McNair, for not even wasting the time to seriously consider picking VY. I know a lot of VY fans wondered why we announced so early that VY was not on our radar, and I think we're seeing why. Seems he's got issues in a lot of areas, especially with trying to play the semantics game with his revisionist history to make himself look better.

VY and Bush are both in the espn.com headlines, and it ain't flattering news.
Old 05-30-2008   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone feel like VY could have a Ryan Leaf "leave me alone" meltdown any day now?

But hey, if a guy wants to prance around bare chested at a private sausage party and question his own dedication to pro football after just one year, then far be it from me to try to stop him from doing so.
Old 05-30-2008   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Anyone feel like VY could have a Ryan Leaf "leave me alone" meltdown any day now?

But hey, if a guy wants to prance around bare chested at a private sausage party and question his own dedication to pro football after just one year, then far be it from me to try to stop him from doing so.
Speaking from experience are ya??
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Speaking from experience are ya??
I just live vicariously through you and Vince Young, man. My pastor said that was o.k. when we pray for you to change your wicked ways.
Old 05-30-2008   #11
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Wow Collins is actually starting to look good.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #12
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Hmm, did Vince Young say that at the sausage party??
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Hmm, did Vince Young say that at the sausage party??
I'm sure it was after the Patron .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3418636

Quote:
Young was installed as the Titans starter in Week 4 of his rookie season and led Tennessee to an 8-8 record. The Titans barely missed making the playoffs, but Young was named to the Pro Bowl.

On Thursday, he said NFL.com's report was "blown out of proportion." He said he has a clear head and is eager to begin his third NFL season.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I ain't never said I was going to quit football," Young told The Tennessean. "There was a lot of stuff going on in my life, but football is not hard to me. Football is easy. All you have to do is be coachable and use your God-given talent. If it was a thought at all it was just a passing thought for a second.''

Last season, the Titans did make it to the playoffs, but Young threw all nine of the team's touchdown passes for the fewest of any team in the league. Nonetheless, he learned to live with the pressure of being an NFL quarterback.

He proved that to himself when he handled scrutiny that came his way when pictures of him drinking shirtless at a party showed up on the Internet.

"I have a stronger circle," Young said in his interview with NFL.com. "Now I can handle this kind of stuff without it making me want to give up football."
I hope he doesn't think it is easy at least in his development stage, or the bar wasn't set too high
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3418636

I hope he doesn't think it is easy at least in his development stage, or the bar wasn't set too high
I was going to quote that because so far the only thing he has made look easy is throwing INts.
Old 05-30-2008   #16
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Young
"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I ain't never said I was going to quit football," Young told The Tennessean. "There was a lot of stuff going on in my life, but football is not hard to me. Football is easy."
Yes, Vince, it's quite easy for someone who has played football for the majority of their years to play as poorly as you have. Now, go out and throw more TDs than INTs and come back and tell everyone how easy football is.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
The Tennessee Titans 2006 Rookie of the Year told NFL.com in an interview posted on Monday that he considered retirement after his first season.

"I really thought long and hard about it," Young told the Web site. "There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things.
VS.

Quote:
"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I ain't never said I was going to quit football," Young told The Tennessean. "There was a lot of stuff going on in my life, but football is not hard to me. Football is easy. All you have to do is be coachable and use your God-given talent. If it was a thought at all it was just a passing thought for a second.''

Which is it, Mr. NFL?

Say what you mean and mean what you say. It's a fairly simple concept, and one that is required of leaders. Now he doesn't like the scrutiny of the media and being held accountable by fans, so he backtracks and denies the story.

Interesting that his teammate directly contradicts what he's now saying about never saying he thought about quitting:

Quote:
Keith Bulluck: "Whatever pressures were going on in his life at that time last summer, he was feeling big stress. He was talking about quitting football and though it might have been for the time, for the moment, it was real.
I have never faulted him for doubting his dedication to pro football after one season, but he doesn't have to lie to make friends.
Old 05-30-2008   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
To be honest, he'd give your team the best chance of winning without having to count on the running game and the defense every game.
Old 05-30-2008   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=36447
tomb about VY not quitting

Hilarious quote by Zephyr about VY

5th post
Quote:
If he could demolish NFL defenses like he does the English language our offense would be unstoppable.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, I just figured it out. JohsonFan and VY are the same person.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read