Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-25-2008   #1
Dayad
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVP
Default Section 600 question

I'm considering buying my first set of season tickets and they are in the 600 level Row A. My question is for those who have had Row A seats: Does the railing cause a problem? I've been to other venues that you either have to sit up real straight to look over the top railing or you have to slump down to look between the top and middle railing. Anyone's advise will be appreciated.

Another opportunity is possible: Section 540. A corner spot. Anyone have any opinions on this area OR should one be preferred over the other?

Thanks fellow fans. See ya at the game!

GO TEXANS
Dayad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Section 600 question

I've sat on Row A in Sect 610. It's not a problem at all.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

As a member of the Row A club (500's), or the A-Team, I've never had a problem with the rail. Of course, if I'm not standing I'm leaning up against the rail so I wouldn't know about sitting back in my seat.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #4
Dayad
Rookie

Thanks guys. Tough decision for me to make. I like both possibilities and the price is amost exactly the same.
Dayad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I think all of the rails in Reliant have clear plexi-glass panels that minimize blocking of views.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #6
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

ive been looking through some old pictures to help you out. here is one that i thought would help you out

Old 05-28-2008   #7
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The bigger distraction in 600, row A will be the people walking on the walkway in front of you. It may or may not be an issue at all depending on the section and seat number. The LAST thing you want is to have the stairs or aisle traffic walking through your field of view. All seats in the same section and row are not created equal.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2008   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in row B in the 600s... The only problem with the wall in front would be the lack of height- you know, if you've over-imbibed...

anyway, get the seats. they're great value.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #9
Dayad
Rookie

You guys have all been great. I ended up buying psl's in the 500 level when it was all said and done. I got what I thought was a great deal and snapped it up. Looking forward to all the games and the playoffs. Thanks again for all your opinions. Hopefully I can be a useful contributor here in the future
Old 06-03-2008   #10
Texans35
Rookie

Congrads!
Texans35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #11
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought that picture was a Texans/Titans game at first with all those orange jerseys.
Old 06-03-2008   #12
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Here is the view from my season ticket seats 516 1 row up from the railing. 540 is diagonal from these seats. Damn I cant wait until the season starts!

Old 06-03-2008   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

No offense to the 500 level people, but as long as Hobie is up there - Bill ain't going anywhere close.

To wit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie
As I said I am in 547 and love em, Double Barrel is over a few sections in the closet transgendered section, but from what I have seen, regular follk can get in , so you would be set there..
So, what section have you been offered ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
It's not the transgender section since you got kicked out...errrrr...left. You shouldn't have chopped off your manhood, because that disqualified you. Good luck with your continued hormone treatments, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill
*stays in field level seats*

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read