Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-20-2008   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 6 teams that won't make it back to playoffs

Not that I really put much stock in offseason predictions before training camp it is still nice to see the ICOU get more bad press.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

Quote:
2. Tennessee Titans The Titans are the most likely 07 playoff team not to get back to the postseason. They snuck in last year because of, in part, a decision by Colts coach Tony Dungy not to contest to the wire a Week 17 game against the Titans that allowed them to secure a berth. And Tennessee has not done much to improve, despite having plenty of money to spend in free agency.

and

Quote:
In an ultra-competitive AFC South, with a high-quality Colts squad, an ascending Jaguars franchise and an improving Texans team, one of the four teams has to land in the basement.

And that team very well could be the Titans.
Not that the article really means anything but it is setting the ICOU off.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=36723

Quote:
Yeah that article was garbage. If we are going to make the playoffs it might be through winning the division. If Cleveland and Pitt. have good seasons then one of those WC spots are gone and maybe Denver will have a good season. I don't think 3 AFC South teams will make the playoffs again.
by Vince10Young

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: 6 teams that won't make it back to playoffs

I'm really not a big fan of the Giants pick, but I can't think of a good (and realistic) playoff kickout.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #3
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Good ... most "experts" had us at 4-12 last season. Funny if I were to make such a colossal blunder in analysis at work I would be canned immediately; instead these people are able to continue having jobs.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Good ... most "experts" had us at 4-12 last season. Funny if I were to make such a colossal blunder in analysis at work I would be canned immediately; instead these people are able to continue having jobs.
so you are a soothsayer?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the guy is wrong about the Steelers. Faneca is real good but I'm left wondering if they were really worried they would've extended his contract before letting him walk. Their Offense got a real shot in the arm at skill positions and I think they will be more explosive especially being able to spell Parker.

Tenn will be interesting. The offense will probably look very David Carr-esque with drops offs to Chris Johnson and Algae Crumpler perhaps. IF they can still manage their defense they'll be at least competitve under Fisher.

I agree on Washington but I don't agree on his reasoning.

GB... I dunno Aaron Rodgers didn't look too bad in his game time last year but I agree on the QBs. Of course GB doesn't have the luxury now of leaning on the Iron-man at QB.

The only problem About Seattle I see is the rest of that weak division. Shaun Alexander leaving isn't that bad i mean look at all the teams jumping to try and sign him.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #6
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
so you are a soothsayer?
Naw Vinny, he don't have no Sooth!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read