Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2008   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ to miss OTA'S because of surgery

smart move. would rather have AJ back 100% in time for training camp & miss OTA's than come back too soon & possibly re-aggravate the knee.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #22
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm confused as to why he waited so long to have the surgery. Was he waiting to see how he would practice on it?

One would assume so.

Unless you think AJ is out to screw the team or something, because we all know that AJ has a history of being a selfish, prima dona type...right?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #23
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: AJ to miss OTA'S because of surgery

I was upset/stunned/sad when I heard this earlier. knees + Texans make me nervous.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #24
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ + Surgery =

Seriously not the stuff you want to here in preseason.
Old 05-19-2008   #25
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm worried now...People don't get surgeries because it's fun. It's still a serious enough a issue that they have to perform surgery on his knee. From what it sounds like it's a minor issue but I don't know, at this point I'm going to wait and see. My gut reaction to this right now is that it's not good. AJ could be 100% going into the season but I would not be surprised if this knee starts acting up during the season. Just hope I'm wrong.
Old 05-19-2008   #26
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

What worries me is the quiet speculation that we heard last year that the injury might have been a continuation from the 2005 injury and that this might be a chronic problem from here on out. Obviously an 80% AJ is one of the best recievers in the league but if we have a chronic knee issue that keeps him from playing 16 games a season we have serious problems.

Not much information has come out so the most we can do right now is be cautiously optimistic.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna bury my head in the sand and pretend I didn't even read this thread.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2008   #28
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
My comment was from my personal experience.

Sorry HT, I wasn't aiming any comment at you. I just don't think this is as minor as everyone wants to believe. We all know by now that the TEXANS have not been completely up front with whatever info they want to put out about AJ. There has to be a GOOD reason for another invasive procedure, esp this late in the season, and I don't think it is good news. BUT, that's JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm gonna bury my head in the sand and pretend I didn't even read this thread.
I'm with Thorn.

I've got my fingers in my ears and I'm yelling "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA..."

This is making it really hard to type, though.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Sorry HT, I wasn't aiming any comment at you. I just don't think this is as minor as everyone wants to believe. We all know by now that the TEXANS have not been completely up front with whatever info they want to put out about AJ. There has to be a GOOD reason for another invasive procedure, esp this late in the season, and I don't think it is good news. BUT, that's JMO!
I definitely see where you're coming from. It is aggrivating not knowing the full story on one of, if not the #1 player on the team. All we can do is sit, wait and hope for the best.

Old 05-19-2008   #31
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
My first reaction was another year another player who has an injury that is more serious than the texans have previously indicated.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #32
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Travis Johnson is missing more time as well.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4327

Quote:
“Well, I’m concerned. He’s missed a lot of time. He’s got the inflammation in the pelvic area, is the best way I can describe it. He’s way behind the team from a physical standpoint. Nothing he can do; they’ve had him resting. Before I put him on the football field, I want to make sure he catches up with his teammates conditioning-wise, so you’ll just see him conditioning at the time.”

(on where DT Travis Johnson’s injury came from) “Well, it’s kind of been something’s that bothered him before and then it crept up again back in February, early March. And we’ve tried a few different scenarios. He had an injection the other day that we’re waiting to see how he recovers from. He has felt better. He ran Friday, he ran today, so we’ll see.”
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #33
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

so is Fred Bennett:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4327

Quote:
"He’s not feeling well, so we just told him to stay at home. Hopefully, he’ll be in here tomorrow and everything will be OK.”
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #34
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ can do whatever the hell he wants, whenever the hell he wants
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #35
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I think the whole time frame of the surgery shows a problem, He shoud have been in in January of February. Whay this late in the off season?
Because (per Kubiak) he had pain and it didn't feel right following mini camp a few weeks ago.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #36
Ckw

From all these injuries it sounds like to me that maybe we are being too hard on our guys in practice. I mean TJ, Fred Bennet, Andre... I'm sure there's more we don't know about. Man I hate this!
Old 05-19-2008   #37
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
My first reaction was another year another player who has an injury that is more serious than the texans have previously indicated.
My first reaction was reflecting on how many NFL players don't make it into their 6th season without having a knee scope or two. Enjoy him while we have him. Too bad some of his best years were wasted on those crappy teams.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #38
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I was upset/stunned/sad when I heard this earlier. knees + Texans make me nervous.
Exactally my reaction. I'm not an expert in the topic of knee surgery, but this just scares the crap outta me that things may not be 100% with AJ's knee by time summer is through. If we are to progress as a football team, we need him out there, playing for 15 games (we can give him a rest for the last week as we've assured playoffs).

Guess its just fingers crossed time...

I'm almost glad I'll be cut off from the world in Maryland this summer, to stop me worrying about damn annoying off season stories like these.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #39
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
What worries me is the quiet speculation that we heard last year that the injury might have been a continuation from the 2005 injury and that this might be a chronic problem from here on out. Obviously an 80% AJ is one of the best recievers in the league but if we have a chronic knee issue that keeps him from playing 16 games a season we have serious problems.

Not much information has come out so the most we can do right now is be cautiously optimistic.
I will defer to CND on this issue, but as I understand what was announced with his back of the knee pain in both 2005 (back of knee/calf pain) and 2007 (sprained MCL/PCL), it is the type of injury that you don't typically fix with surgery. That it needs rest and strengthening.

I am guessing that this is cleaning up other stuff.
Old 05-19-2008   #40
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
*taking offers to the football gods for sacrifices for Dre's knee*
VY and the cowgirls should surfice

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read