Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2008   #1
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ to miss OTA'S because of surgery

Per HT.com he underwent arthroscopic surgery because of his knee injury he suffered last year. But he should be fine by the upcoming training camp.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #2
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Re: AJ to miss OTA'S because of surgery

Whatever he needs to do to stay healthy for 16 games. I hope this isnt recurring throughout the season. This should help us get a better feel for the younger WR as they will be getting more reps in OTAs.
Old 05-19-2008   #3
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a bad feeling about this.................................
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Per HT.com he underwent arthroscopic surgery because of his knee injury he suffered last year. But he should be fine by the upcoming training camp.
Whhhhatt He injured the knee last year and waited until the voluntary camps are scheduled to have it repaired.

That useless waste of roster space should have had it repaired after last season instead of waiting until now. He will never be worth a dahmm.

Almost as bad as my fav. Travis waiting until camps started up to get married .

Take that you Travis haters...

Old 05-19-2008   #5
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember what Dre said in the interview from the mini-camp? He hadn't worked with Schaub yet because he was still re-habbing his knee.

*taking offers to the football gods for sacrifices for Dre's knee*
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
How bout a link ? .... for us lazy people .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #7
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
How bout a link ? .... for us lazy people .
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/story_4326.html
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2008   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Whhhhatt He injured the knee last year and waited until the voluntary camps are scheduled to have it repaired.

From what 790 reported, AJ had surgery after the 07 season too. They said AJ told the Texans people during mini-camp that the knee still wasn't right so they went back in for a cleanup.

It really depends on what they're "cleaning up", but from what 790 said neither AJ or the Texans are worried about it.

Arthroscopic surgery's not that big of a deal......unless the "clean up" has something to do with removing cartilage.

Old 05-19-2008   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm confused as to why he waited so long to have the surgery. Was he waiting to see how he would practice on it?
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

assuming that Johnson will be fine, there is a real positive in that story.

Quote:
Garnering reps in Johnson's place is second-year wide receiver Jacoby Jones, who looked sure-handed during team drills on Monday.
if i remember correctly, last year Davis was listed as Johnson's back up and Jones backed up Walter.

It may just be a "more reps for young guys" thing. But It may be signs that Jones will come back strong.

Old 05-19-2008   #11
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm confused as to why he waited so long to have the surgery. Was he waiting to see how he would practice on it?

Quote:
"I came back out during offseason workouts and it kind of flared up on me again. So we just took it from there.”
looks like it was during OTA's that he noticed it hurting again.

see link in thread
Old 05-19-2008   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Arthroscopic surgery's not that big of a deal......unless the "clean up" has something to do with removing cartilage.

That's BS!! Anytime you mess with a joint, for any reason, it's a big deal! They can sweet talk this all they want, but, I expect it to be a bigger deal than they want the fans to know. They've been down playing his injury from the start, and now TWO surgeries later they want us to believe it's NO BIG DEAL?? I don't buy it!! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I also believe that rehabbing before surgery should take presedence. The stronger you get the knee before the surgery the quicker to recover from the surgery.

If anything, I wouldn't mind it if he takes off the entier TC if it means staying healthy the whole year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
That's BS!! Anytime you mess with a joint, for any reason, it's a big deal! They can sweet talk this all they want, but, I expect it to be a bigger deal than they want the fans to know. They've been down playing his injury from the start, and now TWO surgeries later they want us to believe it's NO BIG DEAL?? I don't buy it!! JMO!
My comment was from my personal experience.
Old 05-19-2008   #15
barrett
Hall of Fame

i've had arthroscopic surgery as well. the recovery time was minimal. assuming that the information they're giving us is accurate, and his work ethic, he should be more than ready.
Old 05-19-2008   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
That's my question as well. I don't like the empty feeling at the bottom of my stomach I just got from this thread. I really hope this is on the level and there is not a more serious issue. We really, really, really, really, really, really need AJ!
Old 05-19-2008   #18
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 123 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't worry too much about AJ. He will be there when the going gets tough.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #19
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the whole time frame of the surgery shows a problem, He shoud have been in in January of February. Whay this late in the off season?
Old 05-19-2008   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
assuming that Johnson will be fine, there is a real positive in that story.

if i remember correctly, last year Davis was listed as Johnson's back up and Jones backed up Walter.

It may just be a "more reps for young guys" thing. But It may be signs that Jones will come back strong.

More likely a "more reps for young guy" thing. Reason being is b/c every one of our WR's back from last year are known commodities & know what they're doing.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read