Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

More Peek

Grid

All Pro
call me georgewashington cause I liked what I saw from Peek.

He played a great game.. did real well against the run.. and saved our butts in the second quarter.

Id say he is definatly our OLB of the future. I look forward to seeing him starting next season.

Grid

All Pro
that would be fine with me.. but I mean I look forward to him being named starter and staying that way :)

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
Vinny said:
he started today I believe. I think I saw him in on the first series.
That's the idea, and start him right thru the rest of the year. And while
ther're at it, start the young TE Murphy. He made a couple blocks today and
he looks like a basketball player - you just know he can catch the ball. Kinda guy that might help us.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I think they activated him over Armstrong today. He helped out in the running game.

edo783

Hall of Fame
Murphy made a very nice block on one run and Peek did well. Let's just start them the rest of the year for experience. Couldn't hurt at this point IMO.

call me a elijah, isiah, or whatever prophet you want, but i believe i could be the defensive coordinator. My predictions or suggestions were to play peek, blitz, and blitz Dunta. Peek- played a great game, should have been playing all season. He killed their LT, two false starts, two holds. No sacks but the presence was there. And how about tracking down Edge 10 15 yards down field on the opposite side after coming from the right backfield. Blitzing, i believe sharper got in there a couple times today. Dunta-two sacks and he got screwed on the nonfumble call. Now, if we can get them to stay out of the zone a bit more, especially when you got the nickle package in then they will play the pass a bit better. I nominate myself for defensive coordinator.

Its been 13 games, ive been saying for 13 games that he should be playing. Amazing that when he gets to start, play an entire game, he actually is good! The guy was not blown up against the run, he wasnt stupid, he covered his men in routes, and he was driving their left tackle crazy. I am glad that I am driving the Peek bandwagon, because its gonna get pretty crowded really soon. I now take a bow.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
I thought Peek played well today. He didn't get burned to often, but how many people dosn't Edge burn? The best part about Peek playing more is it seems to remove some of the pass rush duties of Babin, allowing him to play the run a little bit more conservativly.

Atleast thats how I see it.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Hall of Fame
georgewashington said:
How many times did i have to say it? He is the man. Needs to play and start every game from here on out. No one is laughing at me anymore.

No, we're still laughing at you for making another name and agreeing with yourself.

bruenice

Practice Squad
I hope that some of the nay-sayers realized Peek's potential yesterday. He didnt' get burnt by the run and actually made plays on potential cut-backs. All-in-all, I don't recall any running plays to his side while he was in. The only runs to the defensive left where when Anderson was in.
Which brings up a question. I know that I am one of a couple of posters that have requested rotating the linebackers which was the case yesterday. But Anderson? Has he been on the field at all before yesterday? I guess beggars can't be choosers though.
Another point of concern. If you noticed, Peek started because the defense came out in somewhat of a nickel package with only two down linemen and Peek and Babin on the edges. THey were able to blitz, as cincinnatikid pointed out, and created some havoc. Then, on the second series, went back to the 3-4 and gave up a score. When the d was playing well, they went back to the same alignment. But, in the fourth quarter, with the game in the balance, went back to the 3-4 and gave up the field goal that sealed the game. My question, why change something that seemed to be pretty effective throughout the majority of the ballgame?

Vinny said:
I think they activated him over Armstrong today. He helped out in the running game.
Wrong!! Peek has been active all year long. Armstrong was not active but not for Peek, it was Matt Murphy that they activated.

TheOgre

All Pro
texanfan2002114 said:
Wrong!! Peek has been active all year long. Armstrong was not active but not for Peek, it was Matt Murphy that they activated.
That is what he said. Learn to read before you jump on someone.

wiley2002

Waterboy
Shouldn't they have started Peek all year because I mean he has shown what kind of a powerhouse he is on blitzes. The coaches should start him from here on out.

theres a difference between should have and did or will. Knowing this team they will go back to Polk in the middle with Wong on the ROLB. Peek will probably see an increase in time, maybe 8 plays instead of 4 plays a game. Its great to see everyone on his side now, after all season long most people just complained about how he could only pass rush and sucked at everything else. Amazing what happens when guys are given a chance to prove themselves. If he gets a chance to start again at Chicago, you will see that he deserves to stay as a started.

TheOgre

All Pro
I liked how Tarik Glenn (LT) seemed to be scared of Peek on that one set of downs. He got a hold and a false start back-to-back. Did you see the bear hug he gave Peek on that hold? Priceless.

Peek and Dunta are the only true playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. Simmons and Faggins may get there some day. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they signed Walker and Coleman to long-term deals. Both have been very inaffective this year and will only continue to decline.