Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fire Palmer!

G

God of Wine

Thought I would start the thread, it's a given. Although the line should be fired! They did a good job run blocking, but pass protection was still a problem.

jriney8

Practice Squad
I absolutely agree...we need to step this team up, we don't need to be using the pitty-party excuse that we're still an expansion team...make some serious changes and instill some life into this football team.

keyfro

Veteran
i think it's just stupid how we can have argueably the most explosive reciever in the game and not try to hit him deep...i don't have a problem with the way we ran the ball this game cause it was very productive but you still have to try and air the ball out every once in awhile

We have the same record as last year with more talent and less injuries. Gary Walker said in the post-game that something has to change. I hope he was referring to the coaching staff.

Wolf

100% Texan
the wonger need food said:
We have the same record as last year with more talent and less injuries. Gary Walker said in the post-game that something has to change. I hope he was referring to the coaching staff.
\

he must be talking about Fangio given his 23 tackles and .5 sacks this season.

bckey

All Pro
If we could make Capers our DC and fire Palmer/Fangio we would be on the right track. Never gonna happen. If Capers is going to be our HC for the forseeable future then we need to change OC/DC and Capers should completely release the offense to the new OC.

I'm not disappointed with todays loss. We did better than I thought we would. Still, conservative play calling, Terrible call (fumble but we don't get the ball), OL looked terrible pass blocking, and Carrs continued his woes cost us.

coachdent

Waterboy
Chris Palmer is doing a poor job this season as the OC. How many balls to Johnson? How many plays were there in the game plan to get him the ball? Less than five. Ridiculous. Throwing the ball to Davis. Running the ball with Davis. Does nothing but keep you close enough in games to lose down the stretch.

Teams can double your top wide receiver when they know where he is on every play. Little if any motion. And plenty of two tight end sets. They rarely throw to the tight ends, so a defense can afford to double Johnson. Get rid of the fullback sets and get into the 21st century!

I would also vote for the DC to go as well. How can a defensive coordinator line up in a zone defense inside the ten yard line against Peyton Manning and still have a job? Both touchdowns inside the ten had the Texans in zone. Shades of Jim Eddy and the Buffalo debacle. Can we please blitz? Can we please put some pressure on the quarterback?

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
I think the only way Caper's loses his job this year is if we lose to both Chicago and Cleveland. And if that does happen the he will have deserved to be fired.

Texans Pride

Veteran
Hoth-Boy said:
I think the only way Caper's loses his job this year is if we lose to both Chicago and Cleveland. And if that does happen the he will have deserved to be fired.

As awful as this sounds, if that is what it would take for a change in coaching staff, I wouldn't be against lossing the two games. I think it would be a sour note for this season, but better for the team for the over all picture.

kbourda

Veteran
Well, in defense of Palmer, he's only doing what he's being told to do. I'm not %100 sure but I do believe it is Capers final decision on the play calling. I'm a firm believer in attitude being a refection of leadership.

Texans Pride

Veteran
kbourda said:
Well, in defense of Palmer, he's only doing what he's being told to do. I'm not %100 sure but I do believe it is Capers final decision on the play calling. I'm a firm believer in attitude being a refection of leadership.

Capers has said on the radio that he doens't mess with offensive play calling. He leaves it to Palmer unless he sees something huge and only then will he offer his opinion....

He said he had it done to him and he didn't like it, so he tries not to do it to his coaches

Wolf

100% Texan
Why is it people come out and blame Palmer?? Why????
and not ONE of yall get Fangio in the middle of it..

I don't want to hear the excuse of "Fangio has 3 rookies starting.. BS Palmer had the same thing for 2 years and we all had to liesten to the Fire Palmer crowd since then... fangio has had the veteran group on the team for 3 years and our defense can't stop anything..

I agree that the offensive playcalliing isn't great but it is ALOT better than the defensive playcalling

Texans Pride

Veteran
Wolf said:
Why is it people come out and blame Palmer?? Why????
and not ONE of yall get Fangio in the middle of it..

I don't want to hear the excuse of "Fangio has 3 rookies starting.. BS Palmer had the same thing for 2 years and we all had to liesten to the Fire Palmer crowd since then... fangio has had the veteran group on the team for 3 years and our defense can't stop anything..

I agree that the offensive playcalliing isn't great but it is ALOT better than the defensive playcalling
HELL, YOU CAN FIRE HIM TOO!

HoustonFan

Veteran
Come on, McNair. I know that you want to get your monies worth. You've been here in Houston. WE WANT TO WIN D****T - and though I'm a Cowboys' fan too, I'm tired of taking a backseat to them in football. This in my opinion is a team w/ some of the best talent, that's just not being utilized. No need to tease folks w/ it. Let the talent get out there and shine.

We've seen what DD can do, but we haven't seen much of AJ or Bradford in the mix that often - sure Aj has 1,000+ yards this season, but as I've said before on this board he should be approaching the 2,000 yard mark. Bradford should be doing much better as well. But we haven't seen them that much.

As far as defense they shouldn't be leaving guys open the way they do. And more aggressiveness, and consistency. Defense wins games but they should not have to be out on the field most of the game.

tana

Practice Squad
The announcers were sure ripping the play calling of the Texans, at least in the first half.

The defense sure did their job, great showing by the Texans. I am so happy Manning didn't break the record against the Texans. He just seemed so sure of himself.

OzzO

.. and then?
poster: Yeah, fire all the coaches will ya?

Mr. McNair: okay, you're right. I'll do that - who shall we get to replace them that has shown better potential with the team we have now and will allow us not to lose a step going into next year?

poster: ummm... dunno. Let me wait for someone else to post that and I'll let you know.

This game had nothing to do with Palmer or Fangio.

Offense had 3rd and 2 and allowed a sack.
Defense had 2nd and 11 and gave up a 14 yard run.

That's not coaching. That's execution. It's on the players.

TheOgre

All Pro
It didn't seem like Carr attempted a single pass downfield. I heard a rumor that Carr might have a shoulder injury. If that is the case, put in Banks or Ragone.

TheOgre said:
It didn't seem like Carr attempted a single pass downfield. I heard a rumor that Carr might have a shoulder injury. If that is the case, put in Banks or Ragone.
The Colts were playing with both safteys back and the middle linebacker dropping into coverage. It wasn't just the o-line that made the running game so good.

Wolf

100% Texan
noxiousdog said:
The Colts were playing with both safteys back and the middle linebacker dropping into coverage. It wasn't just the o-line that made the running game so good.
exactly and this isn't the only team that does that to us. We have to get a TE involved to burn this cover 2 by going down the seam. I wish I had game film to see what is going on. We seem to "help" a defense by passing the ball to DD than to AJ.