Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Predict the Probowlers...

I don't really care about if our players go or not, as long they play well. But its the off-season and its boring, sooo.. Ima just start this thread, since it'll give us something to talk about.

So, the players that I think would make it next years are...

LOCKS:

DL: Mario, Amobi
LB: DeMeco
WR: AJ, Jacoby(ST)
OL: Eric Winston (surprise!)
FB: Vonta Leach (he was getting alot of praise on the NFLN game last season, so his populartiy is on the rise; he has a better chance of making it now that L. Neal retired.)

OUTSIDE CHANCES:

QB: Matt Schaub(not that big though, if healthy)
RB: Whoever starts, but healthy throughout season
OL: Chester Pitts
TE: Owen Daniels(Winslow, Gates infront though)
WR: Jacoby (@ reciever), AD(ST)
LB: Xavier Adibi (Long shot, because I don't see him getting major playing time til Game 4 or 5; but when he does start I think he'll play at a pro-bowl level)
DB: Will Demps(just because he was an ALT last year, dunno how though), Fred Bennett

ST: Kris Brown
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Probowlers...

Considering the way some pro-bowlers don't always deserve it and get on because of their name it'll be tough for anyone other than AJ, Demeco, and Mario to make it...I think guys with outside chances to be even alternates would be Schaub (Vince made it with awful numbers 2 years ago and Brady never goes), CC Brown (sleeper),Okoye (could pile up sacks with teams overscheming against Mario)
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The only ones I expect to make it are AJ, Mario, and Demeco.

However, you can't count Demps out. I don't think Amobi did enough last season to get in this next season unless he's having an insane year from the very first game.

If we have a great year, then more of our guys will go in 2009.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect to see AJ and Mario there.

My two smokies are Demeco and Fred Bennett.
Old 05-17-2008   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on how much of a hype our team and players can work up in the media. All of the players mentioned have the ability to shine, but I have a feeling that Fred Bennett might surprise us in a good way and get a spot among the pro-bowlers.
Old 05-17-2008   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i expect to have 4 locks (injury-permitting): AJ, Mario, Demeco and Schaub (as mentioned above many afc qb's drop out)

i also think some o-line will go if gibbs fixes the run game and the sacks stay down. amobi has a good chance if he racks up some more sacks
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

By the end of this coming season the Texans will have sent six players to the pro bowl and our long awaited respect will have arrived.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2008   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Depends on how much of a hype our team and players can work up in the media. All of the players mentioned have the ability to shine, but I have a feeling that Fred Bennett might surprise us in a good way and get a spot among the pro-bowlers.
Yup, the media is the key. We make noise, people notice, our guys get votes. Pretty much that way. Given that, the ones that will likely standout and lets face it, dang few folks outside of Houston are big followers/fans in relation to teams like Greenbay, New England etc. so all they see are the stats, will be AJ and Mario. However, if we start having guys make Sports Center highlight on a regular basis and beat some media favorit teams......then others will get noticed and get the votes.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre, DeMeco, and Mario are the only sure locks that I see. If Amobi has a big season (should, he should have a big jump into his second season), then he has a chance. Fred Bennett has a good chance, too, and if DRob could have been healthy this whole season, him as well. Don't forget Demps, as he was an alternate last season in not much play.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryans, AJ and Mario. Maybe Demps and a very outside shot at Okoye. Thats what I see.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ, DeMeco, and Mario (permitting he has a season similar to last season) are probably going to get in some where. After that it's very questionable, and would hinge on the player having a dynamite year:

Bennett
Schaub
Daniels
Winston

After that it would be nothing short of a Will Demps style miracle if these players got in:

Demps
Brown
Walters
Davis

Anybody saying rookies will get in has lost their mind. A rookie will have to out-perform DeMeco Ryans's rookie year to get into the probowl. I like our picks, but to say that any of them will blossom like that is stretching it a bit.

Anyways, that's my list of who I think has a shot and who I think will make it.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario, AJ, and Demeco are the only ones who I think have a very good chance at getting voted in by the fans. If Andre Davis keeps up his special teams play from last season he could make it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ
DeMeco Ryans
Mario Williams
Kris Brown (he will help win a lot of close games for us)
Old 05-17-2008   #14
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
AJ
DeMeco Ryans
Mario Williams
Yup, agree with these four, Brown was unlucky last year, kicked real well.

Although...how many of our guys are gunna want another game after winning the Superbowl?
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #15
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
AJ
DeMeco Ryans
Mario Williams

And Travis..

Old 05-18-2008   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a good chance that Dr2bkay will be at the Pro Bowl.
Old 05-18-2008   #17
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario, Demeco, and Andre (if healthy) are obvious

If Andre and Walter are both healthy and kicking than a lot of underneath shots will open up for OD so I can easily see him getting the vote. Also AD, JJ, and Kris Brown are possible ST players.

Other than that I really can't see anyone getting sent just because the Texans don't have really any respect on ESPN who (although they may not be my personal favorite) are the best known sports connection of the average voter. Hopefully that one guy who believes in us can get on the air on the subject more than in previous years.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our locks are AJ, Mario, and DeMeco. I think Demps and and Winston have a good shot at going. And, I think Bennett and Schaub have a very outside shot.

And, of course, this is all provided everyone stays healthy.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

1. AJ, Mario, and DeMeco!! Maybe Winston.
2. ST AD and Chris Brown.
3. Maybe Schaub.

1. Most likely to likely
2. Good chance to be
3. Maybe

Go Texans!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going with the CB that ends up playing opposite Bennett. My thinking is Bennett will come out at game 1 very strong and confident and other teams will start to throw away from him thus opening up more opportunities for speedy CBs Reeves and/or Molden to shine.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read