Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-15-2008   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So since Mario-love seems to be the theme of the day..

just to while away some of the offseason...time for some fun 20/20

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27712

i like bill's pieces but man did he ever own himself here
Quote:
First, they passed on the next Gale Sayers (Reggie Bush) to take a project defensive lineman (Mario Williams)
Quote:
Now it looks like the dumbest sports decision of the past 25 years … and that's before we find out Reggie Bush's ceiling, both as an impact running back and personality. I just find the whole thing to be amazing. In a weird way, I'm glad it happened. Incompetence is always more interesting than competence. So thumbs up, Houston Texans. Well done. You're the sports version of Enron.
apparently reggie is a bungelow fan.. somebody should probably get onto bill to write a follow-up piece

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44425

what a difference 6 months makes..id like to say id called it decently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
btw you guys realise kubiak is saying that stuff because mario must obviously be pulling his weight and trying his best so kubiak wants that recognised (similiar to what he did with travis in pre-season... you know when all the 'experts' on this MB were still calling him a 'slug' etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
was that really worth wasting a post over a minor mistake of an expression in my post?? you know i meant hes trying the best he can..

anyway im not going to assign him to the scrap heap... usually physical tools + proper attitude= good things in the end
some other fun threads regarding mario

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22615
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27929
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31827
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22733

and a random one that made me laugh
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22107
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #2
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: So since Mario-love seems to be the theme of the day..

Man. Some of those posts boggled my mind. It's weird to see a lot of the negative nancy usernames dont' even post here anymore.

Man, I remember how annoyed I got at the message board when every other thread was so pessimistic. I'm glad that's all behind us!

Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: So since Mario-love seems to be the theme of the day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans_fan06 View Post
Have Any Of U Ever Met David Carr I Have His Autograph I Love Him Hes Hott Too
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Aww man I had forgotten about the "we already gave New Orleans our city, so now they get Reggie too?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" posts. Bad memories.
Old 05-15-2008   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of those threads have Bobo posting in it. Whatever happened to that guy? Hahaha.

Also, MONARCH.... or whatever. The biggest VY homer on the planet. That guy is long gone.
Old 05-15-2008   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL!!! This was my thread. I admit I was wrong. You have to have an opinion to be able to be wrong. I have been right and I have been wrong before. I was wrong on this one. But I did post that it was a marathon and at that point, Reggie and vince were ahead. But Mario has caught them since and lapped them But remember, it is a marathon!!!

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31827

But I also posted this one this past year...

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44840

Last edited by stingray; 05-15-2008 at 10:03 PM.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember some people posting conspiracy theories that the NFL made us pass on Reggie so New Orleans could get him and fix the city. Well, chalk that up as another screw up... geaux saints.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2008   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I remember some people posting conspiracy theories that the NFL made us pass on Reggie so New Orleans could get him and fix the city.
No that was Atlanta and Chris Paul. David Stern is a genius.
Old 05-16-2008   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
A lot of those threads have Bobo posting in it. Whatever happened to that guy? Hahaha.

Also, MONARCH.... or whatever. The biggest VY homer on the planet. That guy is long gone.
I kind of liked Monarch. If nothing else he was great for a good laugh.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It appears most of, if not all of the people severely trashing MW are no longer here.

I didn't post in a single one of those threads. I wonder why??
Old 05-16-2008   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

This was my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTruth View Post
Come on Johnyboy....Why would the coaching staff come out and say they made a mistake by drafting him? He was lazy in college, and he's lazy now but with 54 million reasons....He's a rookie. He missed a month in the summer because of an infected toe, Hasn't practiced in a month. What the heck is he going to be like in 3 years? There's always an excuse....I'll quote the great Lawrence Taylor "When your an all pro, you gotta play when your hurt baby".
Where the 15 sacks I heard about when they drafted him. It's gonna take him 3 years to get that?
NO only 2!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read