Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2008   #21
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: List your top 10 Texans

1. Mario Williams
2. Demeco Ryans
3. AJ
4. Fred Bennett
5. Dunta Robinson
6. Eric Winston
7. Amobi Okoye
8. Travis Johnson (fire away)
9.Kevin Walter
10. Tie: Cris Brown(love the signing) and Kris Brown

How about some least favorite Texans as well?

1. Bryan Pittman
2. Peety Faggins
3. Bryan Pittman
4. Peety Faggins
5. Jameel Cook
6. Jordan Black
7. Sage Rosenfelds
8. Matt Schaub
9. Quinn Grey
10. that dude we drafted( I hate QB's)
Old 05-16-2008   #22
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

If you made a list where all Texans players hit the FA market, who would get the most interest:

1. Mario - Every team is looking for a Mario Williams
2. AJ - Would be the #1 WR on about 30 of the 32 teams
3. DeMeco - Considered one of the top MLBs after 2 seasons
4. Okoye - Tremendous upside at a value position
5. Schaub - Showed enough last year to get calls from around 10 teams
6. Dunta - Would be much higher if not for his injury
7. Pitts - Similar OGs have received $40 million contracts
8. Winston - Solid now, with some upside
9. Daniels - Better than many teams have on their roster
10. Bennett - Made a lot of progress as a rookie
Old 05-16-2008   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here we go .

These guys could start for every team in the NFL .

Mario
Demeco
AJ

These guys would compete for significant playing time on each team .

Dunta ... he's here because of injury
Daniels
Winston

These guys could start for 1/2 the teams .

Pitts
Bennett
Schaub

The last spot ... I guess I'll give to Okoye ... but he better show a lot more this year .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

My Top Ten (no one said they had to all be players)
1. Rick Smith (for our last two drafts)
2. Gary Kubiak (for switching out QBs and getting 8 wins out of a team that should have been dead due to serious injury)
3. Alex Gibbs (because I don't want to be leg-whipped)
4. Jethro Franklin (for getting T.J. off his butt)
5. Andre Johnson (for being a leader by example)
6. DeMeco Ryans (see above)
7. Dunta Robinson (lb for lb., most heart on the team)
8. Andre Davis (for answering the bell when A.J. went down; oh and making Jerome Mathis expendable)
9. Owen Daniels (for being the biggest surprise of the '06 draft - at least for me)
10. Vonta Leach (for lead blocking with attitude)

Honorable Mention:
N.D.Kalu (for giving the youngsters a good example of what a true pro is)
Ephraim Salaam (they just keep trying to get rid of you, don't they?)
Charles Spencer (I hope you earn a starting spot on the line)
Bob McNair (for signing all the checks)
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #25
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LMAO! I thought the exact same thing Maddict. Quite odd huh?

I'm curious, why do so many people have Amobi in their top 10? Because he's a 1st round pick? Because of his potential?

I think he was a decent player last season, but IMO he hasn't proven much at this point to earn a top 10 spot.
Because he had 5 sacks in his rookie season. A lot of the highly touted rookie DE didn't even do that last year. Furthermore, that put him second on the team in sacks, as a rookie. He's not in the top half of my top 10, but he's on it.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #26
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

1. Mario Williams
2. Andre Johnson
3. Demeco Ryans
4. Chris Brown
5. Fred Bennett
6. Jacques Reeves
7. Travis Johnson
8. Owen Daniels
9. Chris Meyers
10. Jacoby Jones

Top rookies: Ben Moffitt, Duane Brown, Antwaun Molden
Old 05-16-2008   #27
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LMAO! I thought the exact same thing Maddict. Quite odd huh?

I'm curious, why do so many people have Amobi in their top 10? Because he's a 1st round pick? Because of his potential?

I think he was a decent player last season, but IMO he hasn't proven much at this point to earn a top 10 spot.
I'd say its because we don't have many superstar players, and he has the potential to be great. 4 sacks from weeks 2-4 ain't half bad, especially for a DT.
Old 05-16-2008   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I'd say its because we don't have many superstar players, and he has the potential to be great. 4 sacks from weeks 2-4 ain't half bad, especially for a DT.
I think you hit the nail on the head Anthony. I'm fine with it too. I'd rather have a team that works together producing W's rather than a bunch of "superstars' who can't work in unity.

I can't stand the Pats, but they're a perfect example. The Giants as well.
Old 05-16-2008   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

in no particular order-

Mario Williams - best DE in football
Duane Brown - has to practice against the best DE in football
Andre Johnson - sets the example
DeMeco Ryans - productive
Dunta Robinson - toughness
Eric Winston - franchise RT
Chris Meyers - best friends with Eric & his dad posts on this board
Jacoby Jones - playmaker
Antwaun Molden - big heart/character, must prove himself once again
Sage Rosenfels - team player

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #30
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I don't think you'll find many teams 10 deep with superstars. That's nearly half a starting line-up. I'd put our top 4 up against anyone's in the league though.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #31
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

1. Andre Johnson
2. Mario Williams
3. DeMeco Ryans
4. Owen Daniels
5. Duane Brown
6. Dunta Robinson
7. Fred Bennett
8. Eric Winston
9. Kris Brown
10. Sage Rosenfels
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Andre Johnson
2. Demeco Ryans
3. Mario Williams
4. Dunta Robinson
5. Owen Daniels
6. Chester Pitts
7. Amobi Okoye
8. Matt Schaub
9. Jacoby Jones
10. Kris Brown
Old 05-17-2008   #33
Polo

1) Dunta
2) Demeco
3) Andre
4) Amobi
5) Matt
6) Owen
7) Walter
8) Jacoby
9) Travis
10) Winston
Old 05-18-2008   #34
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
How about some least favorite Texans as well?

1. Bryan Pittman
2. Peety Faggins
3. Bryan Pittman
4. Peety Faggins
5. Jameel Cook
6. Jordan Black
7. Sage Rosenfelds
8. Matt Schaub
9. Quinn Grey
10. that dude we drafted( I hate QB's)
First you have Pittman in the top 3 twice...? Can you really dislike a player that much.

Second I don't see Weaver there so are you happy with his contribution to the team or what?

And third, who would you have us start at QB? I mean I guess if you could convince Kubiak to come out of retirement than that would be entertaining to say the least but... come on.
Come On.
COME ON!!!!!

as for my top ten
Mario
Demeco
Andre
OD
Schaub
Fred Bennett
Dunta
Kris Brown... YEAH THATS RIGHT I'm going with the kicker
O-Line
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #35
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
1) Dunta
2) Demeco
3) Andre
4) Amobi
5) Matt
6) Owen
7) Walter
8) Jacoby
9) Travis
10) Winston
Not a Mario fan I take it?
Old 05-18-2008   #36
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
1) Dunta
2) Demeco
3) Andre
4) Amobi
5) Matt
6) Owen
7) Walter
8) Jacoby
9) Travis
10) Winston
I'm guessing these are you favorite Texans?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #37
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

First time I have seen Travis>Mario.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #38
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
First time I have seen Travis>Mario.
Probably the last also, unless someTROLL post something that stupid.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #39
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to look at this from the perspective of the Top Ten Texans in terms of the ones with the biggest influence on the course of the upcoming season.

1. Matt Schaub - Time to see what he can do over the course of a full season.
2. Andre Johnson - One of the best WR in the game, needs to make some big plays.
3. Chris Meyers - Hugely important position especially with the new blocking scheme, needs to show that he can be a full time starter.
4. Steve Slaton - Need another playmaker to step up.
5. Jacoby Jones - Needs to be the playmaker we all hope he is especially in the PR game.
6. Anthony Weaver - still the designated bookend to Mario, has to make an impact.
7. Fred Bennett - this is your chance to shine, can he handle being the #1 guy.
8. Dunta Robinson - Can he get back in time to help out.
9. Will Demps - Can he continue his pro-bowlesque form of late last year.
10. Andre Davis - Another guy who needs to shine on ST.
Old 05-18-2008   #40
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson

DRob

Ryans

Williams

Gary Walker

DD

Chester Pitts

Eric Winston

Jamie Sharper

Aaron Glen

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read