Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-15-2008   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default List your top 10 Texans

This is an idea I got from a fantasy board. List your top 10 Texans right now and, if someone remembers, we can bump this at the end of the season and see how your rankings might have changed.

1. Andre Johnson WR
2. DeMeco Ryans MLB
3. Dunta Robinson CB
4. Mario Williams DE
5. Eric Winston RT
6. Owen Daniels TE
7. Fred Bennett CB
8. Will Demps S
9. Amobi Okoye DT
10. Matt Scaub QB
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: List your top 10 Texans

Top 10 Texans (past and present):
1. Lindsay
2. Celina (see the avatar)
3a & 3b. The twins (Larisa and Marisa)
5. Tiffany
6. Ashley
7. Shawna (year 1)
8. Margie
9. Samantha
10. Sarah (year 1 ??)
Old 05-15-2008   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm assuming this is top 10 Texans in terms of best players right?

1. Andre Johnson
2. Demeco Ryans
3. Mario Williams
4. Eric Winston
5. Fred Bennett
6. Owen Daniels
7. Matt Schaub
8. Amobi Okoye
9. Will Demps
10. Dunta Robinson

I dropped Dunta since he's hurt.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Mario
2. Andre
3. Demeco
4. Dunta
5. Freddy
6. Travis
7. Schaubo
8. Amobi
9. Chester Pitts
10. OD/Winston (tie)

edit: they're my favourites and coincidentally many of them are our best
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams
DeMeco Ryans
Andre Johnson
Dunta Robinson
Matt Schaub
Steve Slaton
Duane Brown
Fred Bennett
Amobi Okoye
Jacoby Jones

I went with some of the draft picks that I am excited about.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

These are not whom I think are the top ten players on the team (although some of them are), as I just don't have the football smarts to figure that out. These are my personal favorites that I like to hear about, watch play, and hope they do well.

Sage Rosenfels
Mario Williams
Andre Johnson
Dunta Robinsen
Andre Davis
Jacoby Jones
DeMeco Ryans
Kevin Walter
Vonta Leach
Amobi Okoye

And from the draft picks this year, if I had to pick one that I am most interested in would probably be Frank Okam. The others drafted above him are great and all that, but this guy because he was drafted so low, and has so much upside to him, I am a fan of his already.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson
DeMeco Ryans
Kris Brown
Mario Williams
Andre Davis
Matt Schaub
Sage Rosenfels
Owen Daniels
Amobi Okoye
Fred Bennett

In my case, these are my list of active, healthy players in my order of importance to the overall success of the franchise.
Old 05-15-2008   #8
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

My top 10 favorite on the roster.

1. Mario Williams
2. Owen Daniels
3. Demeco Ryans
4. Andre Johnson
5. Ephram Salaam
6. Matt Schaub
7. Dunta Robinson
8. Eric Winston
9. Travis Johnson
10. Fred Bennet

Pretty close to that order.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Top 10 Texans (past and present):
1. Lindsay
2. Celina (see the avatar)
3a & 3b. The twins (Larisa and Marisa)
5. Tiffany
6. Ashley
7. Shawna (year 1)
8. Margie
9. Samantha
10. Sarah (year 1 ??)
Figures!

My favs

1. Demeco Ryans - Plays beyond his years

2. Mario Williams - The guy's an absolute beast in person + he's beginning to play like one.

3. Andre Johnson - Plays the game like it should be played. If it weren't for HHSNBN he'd be #1 in the NFL hands down.

4. Owen Daniels - Love watching TE's work. I've liked him since his first interview in Houston. Owen 'Tha Weatherman' Daniels

5. Dunta Robinson - He plays like a 6'2" 245 linebacker. Big heart

6. Eric Winston - Plays like he looks. Mean and hungry

7. Vonta Leach - After re-watching games, he buried at least 75% of who he hit. If it weren't for Ron 'Run into your back' Dayne his work would've paid off more often than not.

8. Matt Schaub - If he remains healthy, I have no doubt he could take this team to the next level.

9. Fred Bennett - IMO, he's got alot more talent yet to be tapped

10. Andre Davis - ST's are very important. When you have your #2-3 WR contribute like he did last season on ST's, it makes him an important cog in your machine.

Old 05-15-2008   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Andre Johnson
2. Demeco Ryans
3. Mario Williams
4. Amobi Okoye
5. Dunta Robinson
6. Matt Schaub
7. Fred Bennett
8. Eric Winston
9. Owen Danials
10. Andre Davis

Some of the rookies will be on there pretty quick, I just haven't seen too much of them yet.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Mario Williams
2. Demeco Ryans
3. Andre Johnson
4. Owen Daniels
5. Eric Winston
6. Kevin Walter
7. Dunta Robinson
8. Matt Schaub
9. Bryan Pittman
10. Fred Bennett

Favorite Rookies: Okam & Brink
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
1. Mario
2. Andre
3. Demeco
4. Dunta
5. Freddy
6. Travis....YES
7. Schaubo
8. Amobi
9. Chester Pitts
10. OD/Winston (tie)

edit: they're my favourites and coincidentally many of them are our best
Looks like you and I are in the minority here. All the doubters can watch Travis in the pro bowl this year.

Old 05-15-2008   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This is mine:

1. Andre Johnson
2. DeMeco Ryans
3. Dunta Robinson
4. Mario Williams
5. Matt Schaub
6. Owen Daniels
7. Fred Bennett
8. Chester Pitts
9. Amobi Okoye
10. Eric Winston
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #14
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

1. Andre Johnson - I was really tempted to put DeMeco Ryans on here, just because he might be the most consistent player on the roster. But Andre's quite simply put is Andre. He deserves my top spot.
2. DeMeco Ryans - He's in the number 2 spot because of the aformentioned consistency. Even when he's injured he's still dominant.
3. Mario Williams - He'll be number 1 or 2 next year if he continues to be consistent. He has all the right tools for him to easily make that jump.
4. Dunta Robinson - I honestly think he should be a tad bit lower, because of his injury and all. Hopefully if he comes back he'll still be dominant and still have the opportunity to become a shutdown corner.
5. Fred Bennett - My favorite Texan. He proved a lot of people wrong last year, and I have no doubt he can continue to show he was a great steal in the 4th. Dare I say, 8 picks this year? :O lol, if he can win the CB2 spot that is.
6. Owen Daniels - A lot of people don't like him that much because of the fumbles and drops. But he's my 2nd favorite Texan so he goes at number 6. lol. He's a great receiving TE and hopefully he can regain the endzone touch he had in his rookie season.
7. Eric Winston - He was our most productive O-Lineman last season, so he's in my top 10.
8. Matt Schaub - He showed he can be a top 10 QB even without AJ last season, but his potential injury problem is keeping him out my top 5.
9. Amobi Okoye - If he makes the 2nd season jump Mario did, he'll leapfrog a few players on my list. If he surpasses 10 sacks this season, consider him top 5. lol.
10. Andre Davis - With Mathis hurt again, who was there to answer the call? Andre Davis. Not only did we not miss Mathis when AD was returning kicks, in the little time AD was back there he surpassed the Texans franchise record for kick returns for TDs with 3 in the last 3 games.
Old 05-15-2008   #15
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Andre Johnson
Vonta Leach
Mario Williams
DeMeco Ryans
Will Demps
Dunta Robinson
Amobi Okoye
Eric Winston
Kevin Walter
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #16
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ
DeMeco
Mario
Kris Brown
Pitts
Winston
Demps
Amobi
Andre Davis

It sucks that there are no RBs mentioned in this thread......
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #17
RosenfelsIsMyQB
Rookie

1. Andre Johnson
2. DeMeco Ryans
3. Mario Williams
4. Matt Schaub
5. Dunta Robinson
6. Fred Bennett
7. Owen Daniels
8. Amobi Okoye
9. Andre Davis
10. Sage Rosenfels
RosenfelsIsMyQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #18
whiskeyrbl

1. Andre Johnson
2. DeMeco Ryans
3. Mario Williams
4. Dunta Robinson
5. Owen Daniels
6. Amobi Okoye
7. Fred Bennett
8. Andre Davis
9. Matt Schaub
10. Eric Winston
Old 05-16-2008   #19
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenfelsIsMyQB View Post
4. Matt Schaub
10. Sage Rosenfels
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
LMAO! I thought the exact same thing Maddict. Quite odd huh?

I'm curious, why do so many people have Amobi in their top 10? Because he's a 1st round pick? Because of his potential?

I think he was a decent player last season, but IMO he hasn't proven much at this point to earn a top 10 spot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read