Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-14-2008   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default mario vs tackling dummies

some video of mario beating up on the tackling dummies. okam looks very strong too. amobi looks quick!

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario vs tackling dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
some video of mario beating up on the tackling dummies. okam looks very strong too. amobi looks quick!

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

Okam, Amobi, and Mario looked impressive against tackling dummies. Although it's just tackling dummies, I think they looked quick and powerful.
I'm liking this Okam guy. I know it's just mini camp but he looks very quick for his size.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 05-14-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: I'm going to be nice and not mention YKW10
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

after seeing that clip i'm a bit excited about him. alot of people speak very highly of him that follow UT. Personally I expect him to flop BECAUSE he went to UT. So many of there players flop at the pro level. But he looked like a beast in that clip!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Gabe Long appeared the weakest from what the clip showed.
Old 05-14-2008   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess that was Coach Franklin in there getting after them on the drill?

Last edited by Silver Oak; 05-14-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: dyslexia
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Gabe Long appeared the weakest from what the clip showed.
Yep, I thought the same thing, too. He looked real slooooooow.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Realizing I'm comparing him mostly to DTs, Mario looked in a whole other league in that drill from the rest of the group.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2008   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I wish we could play tackling dummies in the regular season.

We would be awesome.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Realizing I'm comparing him mostly to DTs, Mario looked in a whole other league in that drill from the rest of the group.
That's the way it seemed to me also. He was a lot faster and hit it harder.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

We would be awesome.
coincidence that the one they tackled at the end was pukey Titan blue?

I think not.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Okam is gonna have to play lower than that if he wants to use all that weight as leverage.

You could hear Franklin telling him he was running too high.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

We would be awesome.
that was the most impressive clip ive seen since Yi Jinlian pummelled those chairs in his pre-draft workout
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #13
TexansMVP
Probowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
yea mario looked like he was at the head of the class.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Okam looked pretty slow there. He had a hard time hitting the dummy with his hands, I thought.

I'd like Jethro to throw on an uniform and some pads. That man can hit!!
Old 05-14-2008   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Bulman and that other UDFA (Long) looked pretty slow compared to Amobi and Okam. I thought Zgonina looked pretty slow as well.

Mario better bring that kind of stuff on gameday. He looks unreal.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, Mario kinda made everyone else look slow.
Man if he punches like that on game day, somebody might get knocked the **** out

Wonder why N.D. wasn't doing the drill....?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Right after Coach Franklin told them to keep their elbows in tight and then extend, pushing the dummy to the side... Okam goes and does this limp wristed slapping thing that the coach just got finished telling them NOT to do.

Mario looked the best by far.... but Okoye looked pretty good in that drill, and I thought Tim Bulman looked good as well... though his footwork seemed off.

Okam.. athletically he looked good enough.. but his technique was very shoddy...imo anyway.

Course he is a rookie and I dont think anyone expects perfect, or even good, technique from a rookie.

Lets just hope he is coachable.

Oh.. and lets also keep in mind that this is a 30 second clip of a single drill against tackling dummies.... cant really make any kind of sound judgement about a player from that.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #18
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Right after Coach Franklin told them to keep their elbows in tight and then extend, pushing the dummy to the side... Okam goes and does this limp wristed slapping thing that the coach just got finished telling them NOT to do.
Seeing Coach Franklin show the proper way the drill is done and then watching the guys progressively loose the technique as they ran dow nthe line was interesting. Most started slapping at the dummies like Grid pointed out. Helps us lay people knowing how it supposed to work.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was browsing the videos on the Texans site earlier and the video of Okam made me do a double take . I was very impressed ! It was definitely an attention getter . I hope he can turn out to be the sleeper that comes in and dominates !

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone notice that our tackling dummy is "titan" number 02?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read