Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-14-2008   #21
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: insite into Zone Blocking Scheme

here's a link to Terell Davis in his second season which if i'm not mistaken is in the middle of Gibbs' reign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg-rx1L7Vmw

it's not great but you do see at 1:04 a linemen in the "second level" dropping to the ground to seal off the backside pursuit! it's gonna be awesome!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #22
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: insite into Zone Blocking Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
2. It takes away from the defense's aggression. Typically, defensive linemen are better athletes than offensive linemen. One way to neutralize that athletic advantage is to get the defenses to become less aggressive by penalizing them when they are.
Now that you mention this, it does kinda jog my memeory. But thanks for
jogging it.
And that's really very logical, I mean especially if one considers that a defender can't devote his undivided attention to bringing down the ballcarrier when he might be preoccupied with protecting his lower extemities from a cut-block.
I really wonder why this technique hasn't been outlawed ? Even though it
might sound like I'm lobbying to get it banned, I'm really not. Just wondering why a technique so controverial and unpopular remains legal ? For example,
I dunno how many times I've heard no less an NFL icon than John Madden
all but swear on TV about how much he despises it and says it shouldn't be in the game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read