Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2004   #401
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
They're not "blowing" the game. They're losing a game in which they were supposed to get rolled. How can you blow a game where you never led and weren't the favorite?
Easy, You stay in it until the third quarter when your defense holds the Colts to 20 or so points and then your offense fails to do anything in the 4th against the what? 31st ranked defense in the NFL?

The Colts are known far and wide for being all offense and squat for defense and yet we stopped that offense. We didn't have enough offense of our own to capitalize on it. That's how you blow a game in which you were supposed to get rolled.

For further information on blowing games in spite of the fact that you weren't supposed to win them see "TEXANS VS PACKERS"
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #402
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
OMG Carr, throw it downfield!!!!
Impossible. Davis isn't that fast and the o-line couldn't protect him that long anyway.
Old 12-12-2004   #403
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I want champioinships for all our pro teams in this great city. ESPECIALLY, in football.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #404
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
No they gave this game to the colts you can't see that.
Cant see what.. They didnt give c-r-a-p. Where do you all get this **** from.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #405
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
I undersand that but at the same time im going to get my point across whether anyone agrees with me or not.
You go man and get that point across. In return I'll refrain from calling you a moron for having it. Do the same for those who disagree with you.
Old 12-12-2004   #406
AndreJ
All Pro

The team with the #1 offense in the league scored 24 points on us, that was wonderful defense. Our offense needs to mature and step up bottom line. this was a great game.
Old 12-12-2004   #407
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

You're totally missing my point. If you want to gripe about them giving away a game, gripe about the Green Bay game. I don't disagree that Houston gave them a turnover that led to a critical Colts TD. But they started in a hole and nearly climbed out of it. Give them some credit, especially on defense.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2004   #408
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

What are the chances that Manning never gets the record???? That would be very funny.
Old 12-12-2004   #409
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Tough Loss to swallow...lets just go to CHI-TOWN and beat the bears...hopefully we do and win the 2 after that.
Old 12-12-2004   #410
NederlandTexan
Veteran

29th ranked pass defense in the NFL and we don't throw one deep ball. That is ridiculous.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #411
GiovanniTexansFan
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to GiovanniTexansFan Send a message via Yahoo to GiovanniTexansFan
Thumbs down lost again

Ok We Sucked Again But Played A Good Game..carr Is Not Up To His Game Yet..after 3 Years..come On.......he Should Be Better....hes No Aikman At 3 Years.....
Old 12-12-2004   #412
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
The team with the #1 offense in the league scored 24 points on us, that was wonderful defense. Our offense needs to mature and step up bottom line. this was a great game.

no it was not a great game it was the texans sucking at the end again.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #413
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NederlandTexan
29th ranked pass defense in the NFL and we don't throw one deep ball. That is ridiculous.
That 29th ranked defense runs a cover 2 D, that Carr catches he!! with, he hasn't even finished his third year yet, if these problems continue next year then yes i believe we'll have some serious problems.
Old 12-12-2004   #414
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Playcalling, I still don't get it!

Aren't you supposed to use the sidelines instead of throwing it across the middle when you have two miinutes left and no time outs?

Shouldn't the players be RUNNING to the line of scrimmage instead of casualy walking?

Shouldn't they be trying to throw the ball downfield for some long bombs? Isn't that why we have Andre Johnson?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #415
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
Well at least we won't lose 49-14
You got it, it's a moral victory, and nothing more. We should be past that by now though.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #416
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
You got it, it's a moral victory, and nothing more. We should be past that by now though.

How is this a moral victory.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #417
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Playcalling, I still don't get it!

Aren't you supposed to use the sidelines instead of throwing it across the middle?

Shouldn't the players be RUNNING to the line of scrimmage instead of casualy walking?

Shouldn't they be trying to throw the ball downfield for some long bombs? Isn't that why we have Andre Johnson?
Looks like we'll have another year for playoff hopes. I hope in that time they draw up more pass plays.
Old 12-12-2004   #418
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
How is this a moral victory.
For christ sakes man, the colts were expected to blow us out! The texans were never expected to win this game. And the defense did not let Manning break the record on us.
Old 12-12-2004   #419
The.Houston.Titans
Rookie

Those fumbles could have been the difference in who won this game. One of them was a result of a challenge but the Colts still retained possession (why didn't the refs tell the Texans before they looked at the replay?) and the other fumble was by "The Edge", but luckily for the Colts one of their guys was heads up and jumped on it.

On a side note, I like the way Moses catches his returns (with his hands up above his head). It scares me a bit but I think it looks cool.
The.Houston.Titans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #420
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I would love it. At least Jughead didn't break it here. That hit the Robinson gave Manning was my favorite play of the game!
Loved it, as well. Maybe that's where he "stopped thinking" about the record.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read