Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2004   #221
AndreJ
All Pro

RECAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As horrible as we played in that first half we are only down by one TD, HOpefully we can get the coaches to go in make some adjustments, get BIG # 80 involved in the game and pull off a win at home. Pass rush looks good today though, i like what i see. Also big ups to the running game and DD, get off his back he's carrying this offense right now, cause it sure aint Carr.
Old 12-12-2004   #222
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

I'm officially and fully on the Peek bandwagon. Who cares if he isn't great at stopping the run? We don't really stop anybody anyway... but it sure is nice to see the QB suffer.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #223
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Overall, Houston's survived the first half and are only down 1 score. This is a winnable game, if the D keeps rocking Manning's world.

Carr's bonehead turnovers have to stop, and the O-line (especially Pitts) MUST do better in half #2. And there's a couple of other guys I'd like to see involved: they're taller than Davis, and wear numbers in the 80s. AHEM. Remember them, Capers?
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #224
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

If only we could find a way to solve this cover 2 conundrum and get even a single pass to one of our wideouts or TE's.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #225
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

HEY THEY BETTER LEAVE PEEK IN THE GAME...geezzz...Could they be that stupid...He's a performer getting the job done ....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #226
Dime
Hall of Fame

Ok folks... Here is where the game can change.. The Colts will re-group... we have shocked them... He is where we put up and rattle them further... or fall to pieces.. The run wont be as effective, but the pass should open up a bit.. Manning will drop the run more for the air until if they get another 2 TD's. If then, they will go back to the run.

My prediction, another Robinson sack and a robinson Int. Sadly, I think Carr will be sacked 2 more times and get picked himself. If we can get a pick or 2 on Manning and/or two more sacks on Manning, they will be thrown into choas again with shock, but this is just my take.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #227
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Get to Manning, ring his bell, and the Colts offense suffers as a result. It's as simple as that. When Edge wasn't himself following his knee injury the Colts offense suffered as a result though they did get better in their passing game when Edge was less effective. I'd say at this point the Colts can still do well if their running game isn't working. You have to take away their ability to pass the ball and that means either covering their recievers forever (impossible) or getting to Manning and making him hurt (difficult but possible).

I too am getting ready to join the "PLAY PEEK!" crowd. Results are results and as has already been noted we don't stop anyone from running on us anyway so how much of a dropoff in run defense could he be?
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2004   #228
rhc564
Veteran

Default Wasting the running game

What happened to using the run to set up the pass? The announcers
are even committing on the conservative play calling, especially not
even trying to get the ball to AJ. Capers does not coach well in close
games because he reverts to the 'ol 'you don't score, we won't score'
scenario. What does he have to lose? Open it up a little. Our defense
plays great in the 2nd qtr but we waste the effort-- anxious to see which
teams makes positive adjustments at the half--hope Capers doesn't sit
on playing conservative...
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #229
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

We've had like 5 motion penalities against our OL. That's a ton for a road
game, but @ home, I dunno what their problem is ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #230
AndreJ
All Pro

Correct me if i am wrong, but we shouldn't be blaming Capers for conservative playcalling, because he doesn't call the plays, it's C. Palmer's head you should be calling for if you have a problem with conservative play.
Old 12-12-2004   #231
TexanTom
Rookie

First possessions of the half for both teams are gonna be huge. Colts start with the ball and we need to keep the defensive intensity up and get a stop. Then the offense needs to sustain a drive and at least put up 3. If we pull a "classic" Texans and give up a quick 7 and then go 3 and out...man..I dunno if I'll be able to take it....
TexanTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #232
NederlandTexan
Veteran

D.D. has been great today, 92 rushing, 52 receiving, but the deep ball to A.J. would be a nice compliment to the short stuff.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #233
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek was in on the first set. We will see if they keep running right at him.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #234
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Good pressure by Babin but no inside push by the DT's

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #235
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy smokes, our secondary's leaving guys WAY open....
Old 12-12-2004   #236
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why aren't we jamming Stockley at the line, we're giving all the receivers a good 5 yard cushion.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #237
AndreJ
All Pro

thank goodness we held them to a FG
Old 12-12-2004   #238
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Back-to-back Colts drives with good field position, and they net 3 points. I'll take it.
Old 12-12-2004   #239
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Why aren't we jamming Stockley at the line, we're giving all the receivers a good 5 yard cushion.
Because then they will get behind us and then we would have no chance...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #240
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
thank goodness we held them to a FG
First Play after the half and a fresh Coltswith thier brains back in the game... I consider this a victory.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read