Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-27-2004   #21
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well Madden 2005 is still undergoing some final tweaking so there is still a chance that Babin's tattoos will be there in the final product. Let's just hope they have him rated fairly for being a first rounder.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #22
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

EA SPORTS™ announced that Ray Lewis, the All-Pro linebacker from the Baltimore Ravens and the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year, has been selected to be the cover athlete and spokesman for Madden NFL 2005. Reflecting the game's focus on defensive innovations this year, Lewis is the perfect representative for the cover of the best-selling football videogame franchise, which last year sold more than five million copies of Madden NFL 2004.
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #23
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

so i guess this thread has been answered
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #24
dmt217
Veteran

imo...

Carr - 78 (QB rating of 69 last year)
Johnson - 86
Davis - 85
Glenn - 90
Coleman - 90 (maybe lower b/c he's moving to FS)
Robinson - 76
Babin - 70
Walker - 85
Sharper - 95
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #25
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Also Robinson is #23, or do they already know that Jonathan Wells is going to be cut, and Robinson will get #32.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #26
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
Also Robinson is #23, or do they already know that Jonathan Wells is going to be cut, and Robinson will get #32.
They just keep the college numbers for these, last year Andre Johnson was wearing #5.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

My game has Andre Johnson wearing #15 like he did during training camp.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2004   #28
777texans
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to 777texans Send a message via MSN to 777texans Send a message via Yahoo to 777texans

hmmm sounds like fun......... i'lll MAYBE give that a shot

Houston Texans first game(s) of the season
2-0
777texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #29
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
They just keep the college numbers for these, last year Andre Johnson was wearing #5.
Found it!!!

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #30
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

my ratings are:

carr:84
davis:85
johnson:87
walker:84
babin:72
robinson:77
sharper:92
glenn:91
coleman:88

hopefully EA will give players such as payne and smith fair ratings...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #31
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
hopefully EA will give players such as payne and smith fair ratings...
I hope so too. But the fact of the matter is, they still see the Texans as a nobody team. I'll be suprised if we have 2 guys above 90.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #32
DatTexBoy
Veteran

I guess I forgot to rate the players

my ratings are:

Carr:86- they have to account for his scrambling ability

Davis:82- I believe they will still under estimate him

Johnson:88- may be our highest offensive rated player behind Mckinney

Walker:79- the improvement per week factor may be the reason but injuries never help ratings

Babin:71- even though he was a 1st rounder I think he is a unknown

Robinson:75- good but raw...speed and tackling may be above avg.

Sharper:92- led the league in tackles last year...should have great tackle and awareness

Glenn:88- injuries playing role in rating

Coleman:91-conversion to safety may or may not raise his ratings but his career play last season at CB may kill this theory
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #33
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be very supprised if Robinson is in the 80's. He'll probably be 75 or less. I'd say 78 would be around where I'd rate him. Babin will most likely be around a 75 as well.

I also believe that Davis was rated a 64 when the game (2004) first came out and was greatly upgraded to a low 80's in the last official patch or so (PC version of course).
Old 05-27-2004   #34
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy
Robinson:75- good but raw...speed and tackling may be above avg.

Sharper:92- led the league in tackles last year...should have great tackle and awareness
For Dunta... Speed MAY BE above average? He may be the fastest player on the team! And I think Sharper will get a 94-96 rating, he's outstanding.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #35
Ravens_52
Rookie

Heres a site with all the Team ratings:

http://www.maddenauthority.com/e3.htm
Ravens_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #36
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

70 DEFENSE RATING?!?!?!?!?! we had an 80 in Madden 2004! and how do the panthers and patriots have 99's. not even the historic teams have ratings that high.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #37
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens_52
Heres a site with all the Team ratings:

http://www.maddenauthority.com/e3.htm
"Rankings - The rankings of each team are not complete yet. The way the rankings were comprised was something like as follows. Every player was still ranked the same as on the final roster updates of last year. The only changes that have been made are the trades and the rookies have been added. The EA staff member that ranks the players and teams is still working on NCAA, and will not start on Madden 2005 for another few weeks. The rankings of the teams that was seen at the E3 is an estimate of the Overall rankings that you will see next year. They are not done, but are more than likely going to be close. There are teams that you can expect to move up, and others that you can expect to move down. For instance, the Lions are only a 76 overall right now, but I would expect that they move up around 78-80. Also, the producers have said that the rankings will be more diverse this year than last year. Last year nearly every team was ranked between 81-88. This year, they promise that the rankings will be more across the board. Below are the early team rankings, but as stated above, they are subject to change once the new player ratings are updated."

Wait a few weeks for the real rankings.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #38
J-Man
Veteran

Looks very promising I admit...but honestly I don't get to over worked with my disagreements on the madden rankings.
I try to remember that as a fan who has a pretty good knowledge of the team and that I watch every game and grab every s**** of info on my team (hence all of us on these boards!) that I have much higher expectations of the players than a guy at EA who is checking out some highlight reels and reading stats from the NFL and may not see the info beyond the printed material and what ever he heard some "expert" , ala Mel Kiper, spout off about during the off season.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #39
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
70 DEFENSE RATING?!?!?!?!?! we had an 80 in Madden 2004! and how do the panthers and patriots have 99's. not even the historic teams have ratings that high.
a wiseman once said, "it's a travesty, a sham, and a mockery...it's a travshamockery!!"...there is no way our defense will be ranked that low when the game is released...to have that kind of rating, robinson would have to be a 45 and babin would be about a 20 ...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #40
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

if they go solely on stats & reviews on paper i could see a 70 rating or possibly even lower on defense. walker & payne would fall off of the chart because of injuries and smith was a force with the titans but didnt have overwhelming stats. glenn would drop from great to above average, but colemen would get improved ratings ... his speed/agility rating would probably counteract em tho. foreman would get a LOT more credit than he's due and sharper might actually be rated fairly as one of the best lb's in the league, wong will likely be a high 70's/low 80's like last year. robinson should be fast but if they follow reports, hands & agility will probably be lower than we think they should be. babin is coming in as a tweener and will most likely get no love at all, probably a high 60's rating ... faster than a lineman, slower than lb's, good pass rush with no coverage skills or awareness. eric brown had another good tackling season so he might get a little love in that area but most likely wont be above 80-82.

DD had the stats, he could be our top guy and given credit for more speed than he's actually shown, & break tackle (btk) should be impressive. aj's yards after catch will push him into greatness, speed/strength/btk should (again) make him the best wr prospect in the game. carr will probably fall a couple points or sit where he is since he had close stats to the first season but is currently getting horrible reviews in the media. our line severely dropped the sacks allowed and might get some credit this season, i'm just hoping wade's performance last season is reflected - seeing a drop in rating because he's in steel blue would simply suck. my guesses (my rating) ...

carr - 80 (84) ...... DD - 88 (85) ...... AJ - 86(89) ...... gaff - 81(81)
wand - 74(79) ... pitts - 80(86) ... mckinney - 85(89) ... weigert - 81(82) ... wade - 87(91)

walker - 82(88) ..... payne - 79(92) ..... smith - 80(85)
babin - 70(?) ... foreman - 85(79) ... sharper - 93(96) ... wong - 78(82)
robinson - 76(?) ... coleman - 88(90) ... brown - 83(83) ... glenn - 89(94)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read