Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-13-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where do you get your Texan's news?

I thought there was a thread about this ,and if there was I didn't find it(maybe used wrong key words)

anyway
besides the obvious big name (S.I.Chron,ESPin,etc etc)
and Texan Talk/Houstontexans.com
anyone have obscure sites?

I try www.topix.com sometimes they find some links from various newspapers around the country
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do you get your Texan's news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I thought there was a thread about this ,and if there was I didn't find it(maybe used wrong key words)

anyway
besides the obvious big name (S.I.Chron,ESPin,etc etc)
and Texan Talk/Houstontexans.com
anyone have obscure sites?

I try www.topix.com sometimes they find some links from various newspapers around the country
I use Google and the search/news feature about the Houston Texans or a specific player.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I stop here in the texanstalk message board area first since the collective members are quick to post new news...then I hit google news and wander around aimlessly from there.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my one stop shop. A lot of great posters here who are so quick to post anything coming out. Lot of fans here attend practices and training camp and have really great insight. And of course the home page is updated showing links to various sources like Yahoo spots, Chron.com, etc. with Texans info. I read through those headlines. I will hit the official site and watch Texans TV of the latest presser, player or coach interview, or what have you.

Old 05-14-2008   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Besides texanstalk, houstontexans.com, chron.com, I also go to www.profootballtalk.com, www.kffl.com, and www.pro-football-reference.com.

For stats, I also use cnnsi.com, coldhardfootballfacts.com, and footballoutsiders.com.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Besides texanstalk, houstontexans.com, chron.com, I also go to www.profootballtalk.com, www.kffl.com, and www.pro-football-reference.com.

For stats, I also use cnnsi.com, coldhardfootballfacts.com, and footballoutsiders.com.

What?! FanHouse doesn't get a mention??! lol.

Actually, I don't do too much breaking news thing, but I do try to take information that is out there and try to figure out what is the important or notable parts of it. (and just trying to educate national fans on just basic Texans stuff).

There's an email this link at the bottom of each of my entries. Sometimes I write things for my friends that are Texans fans that might be interested in it, but are casual enough fans that they might not have searched it out themselves.
Old 05-14-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Actually, I don't do too much breaking news thing, but I do try to take information that is out there and try to figure out what is the important or notable parts of it. (and just trying to educate national fans on just basic Texans stuff).

There's an email this link at the bottom of each of my entries. Sometimes I write things for my friends that are Texans fans that might be interested in it, but are casual enough fans that they might not have searched it out themselves.

uh

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2008   #8
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

I visit TC's and the other Texans blogs occasionally. Others:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/default.htm
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/ (historical stats)

I used to use snap.stats.com for stuff like finding out D'Brickashaw's sacks allowed. That site is down; has anyone found a replacement?
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #9
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Right here. Why - did I miss something?
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans news daily at the News Archive on houstontexans.com and Google News alerts. That covers all primary sources.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry, I whiffed on that one, I check out your blog time to time also.
Old 05-14-2008   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not really a fan of FanHouse. Yes, I love your stuff but FanHouse overall... it's more of a 'meh' thing for me. It simply hasn't arrested my attention with the work posted overall. I don't seek out that site but everytime you post a link to your work, I happily oblige and read up on what's being said at that time. I just can't bring myself to clutter up my bookmarks with yet another site that doesn't really get me all excited in my stomach.

This is in no way a shot at your work because I love reading your stuff. I'm talking about FanHouse in general, not your specific blog. Just remember to keep posting links to new blogs and I'll come check it out. I have to be urged over there.
Old 05-15-2008   #13
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21536 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Although its mostly stuff from the Chronicle, I go to theredzone.org

They have NFL news from major news papers around the conutry, it also has a bunch of cool stuff like Cap Info.

Just make sure you type in .org, if you type .com you end up in a totaly different type of redzone if you know what I mean!!!!!

Big Lou
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #14
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

For news and insight:

I'd be completely remiss if I didn't mention the barroom of the Texans blogosphere - DGDB&D - A Texans Blog.com One of my favorite sites on the net.
-
Houston Diehards is always a good read.
-
Steph's AOL site rocks. Excellent Texans insight.
-
I hear Battle Red Blog is pretty badass too.

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #15
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

nfldraftdog.com

updated column twice a month.
Old 06-09-2008   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lance Zierlein's blogs which are found on www.chron.com/sports is one spot I check regularly. I even read through his responses to emails. He often has some interesting insight and is much more in touch with the sport than McClain.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I put together a list of where to find Texans news mixed with analysis:

My Favorite Places to Look for Texans News, In No Particular Order

I miss HPF.com.
Old 06-16-2008   #18
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I put together a list of where to find Texans news mixed with analysis:

My Favorite Places to Look for Texans News, In No Particular Order

I miss HPF.com.
Right on - Its good to know we made your short list. Thanks for doing what you do at AOL. Hopefully we can make that tailgate thing a reality.

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIS View Post
Right on - Its good to know we made your short list. Thanks for doing what you do at AOL. Hopefully we can make that tailgate thing a reality.
Totally. I will take care of y'all.

If you guys don't have fun, then you must be dead.
Old 08-21-2008   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

never been here but i stumbled on it today

http://www.boxxet.com/Houston_Texans/Section:photos/
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read