Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-10-2008   #1
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler
Default Gibbs attitude?

What do you think Gibbs will bring to the OL, in terms of attitude and (repeating the mantra from HT.com TV) "We must protect this House!". I posted this on another message board but, am curious how the Texans would react (or your thoughts) if, Schaub was to be mauled "illegally" by a defensive player and how would they react now?
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gibbs attitude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetuoh1836 View Post
What do you think Gibbs will bring to the OL, in terms of attitude and (repeating the mantra from HT.com TV) "We must protect this House!". I posted this on another message board but, am curious how the Texans would react (or your thoughts) if, Schaub was to be mauled "illegally" by a defensive player and how would they react now?
I don't know if the players will be nastier and meaner players but I do know that they will be looked down upon by the rest of the league for being "cheap". I expect Fat Albert Haynesworthless to make some comments about cut blocking after our first game against the Titans this coming season.

Also, the line is going to look significantly different from last season. I expect the LG and RT spot to be the same throughout the whole year, but that's it. The new players coming in could have a nasty demeanor themselves without help (I think Duane Brown could fall into this category).
Old 05-10-2008   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could have this wrong but..

In the Drayton Florence hit, none of the linemen knew it had happened.

With another hit (I think against the Titans), it wasn't shown on the TV but I think someone who was at the game mentioned that Winston had to be pulled back.

I want my linemen to be offended when the QB goes down. I want them to rush to help him up and rush to pull guys off of him.

I hope we see that this next year.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ighlight=gibbs
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

From now on when the QB gets hit with a cheapshot we'll see Alex Gibbs personally chop block the player's leg off that did the deed.
Old 05-10-2008   #6
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

I agree 100%! But, my question isn't the line as one and how he developed the lines in KC, Denver, or Atl. per say. I know he can get the most out of his linemen but, my question is, will this "attitude" allow for any player, water boy, equipment mgr, or ticket taker, to stand up and deliver/protect their field general?

In the case of Winston being held back, where were the other 9 players? I don't mean to come off as me wanting a bunch of "hooligans" (ie. Raiders) but, maybe more passion and fire in their bellies.

Baseball and hockey have "unwritten" codes when one of theirs has been placed on the ground in La-la land and I'm curious, if the Texans, having such quite professionals, do you think the Gibbs "culture" would allow for some retrobution?
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
In the case of Winston being held back, where were the other 9 players?
4 or 5 were down field, 1 was on the ground, 2 were holding Winston back, the rest were playing pull my finger.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read