Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008   #1
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Age: 58
Posts: 6,644
Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default and now for something completely different

Quote:
12:01 AM): LA could be new draft site… The NFL hasn't played a game in Los Angeles in over a decade, but the league is reportedly considering holding the draft there next year. The AEG in Los Angeles has reportedly had preliminary discussions with the NFL about holding the draft at Nokia Theatre next April. The NFL is reportedly exploring its options for the draft as the league’s two-year contract with New York’s Radio City Music Hall has expired, although one option remains keeping the draft in New York at either Radio City or another locale.
http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm
__________________
"Everybody understands that the only way we're going to do it is by extremely hard work."
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 46
Posts: 31,095
Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: and now for something completely different

Im kinda sick of hearing / seeing J e t s every year at the draft .... Its time to rotate the draft to every city with an NFL team .... I guess this is a way for the NFL to get back into the huge market that is LA ..... that huge market that doesnt really care about football.
__________________



Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #3
Line_Producer
Party Rocker
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Age: 32
Posts: 195
Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: and now for something completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
that huge market that doesnt really care about football.
So. According to the smiley, I hope your were going for sarcasm. I think the huge problem with LA, coming from someone who is from LA, is that everyone has a team.

The running LA joke is: Where do you live? LA. Where are you from? Anywhere else.

I'd love for LA to get a team.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #4
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 22,730
Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: and now for something completely different

NFL has not been able to give LA a team for years so might as well take advantage of selling something else from there to get the viewers interested.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 46
Posts: 31,095
Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: and now for something completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
So. According to the smiley, I hope your were going for sarcasm. I think the huge problem with LA, coming from someone who is from LA, is that everyone has a team.

The running LA joke is: Where do you live? LA. Where are you from? Anywhere else.

I'd love for LA to get a team.
Nope , no sarcasm intended . And you hit the nail on the head as to why .... So many people in LA are from somewhere else and are already tied to a team .... That and there are so many "fair weather fans" there .... Just take a look at the Lakers when they were sucking it up and the Clippers were playing well ..... Everyone in La was all the sudden a Clippers fan and the Lakers couldnt fill a tea cup with fans much less an arena.

Its a huge market and one that should easily be able to support an NFL franchise ..... I expect a team to move there within the next 5 years or so . But if that team isnt consistantly in the hunt for a title they will suffer like the Rams and Raiders did ....
__________________



Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite
 
Goldensilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin
Age: 32
Posts: 5,143
Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: and now for something completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Nope , no sarcasm intended . And you hit the nail on the head as to why .... So many people in LA are from somewhere else and are already tied to a team .... That and there are so many "fair weather fans" there .... Just take a look at the Lakers when they were sucking it up and the Clippers were playing well ..... Everyone in La was all the sudden a Clippers fan and the Lakers couldnt fill a tea cup with fans much less an arena.

Its a huge market and one that should easily be able to support an NFL franchise ..... I expect a team to move there within the next 5 years or so . But if that team isnt consistantly in the hunt for a title they will suffer like the Rams and Raiders did ....
I just don't see L.A. getting a team. When Houston was awarded the expansion franchise the NFL was practically begging LA to come up with ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING to get a stadium plan in place. They could've probably proposed playing at a highschool stadium until 2050 or until a financing plan got done to lure the NFL there. Fact is no one is L.A. seemed to care. This is even after McNair and Co put together a plan that no one in their right mind would say no to.

It may happen in my lifetime but the older I get the more I doubt I'll see it. L.A. is a USC and Lakers Town who might be interested in the Dodgers were doing good. I think the NFL might do good to take a page from the Anaheim Angels.......

The L.A./ Oakland Raiders.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 46
Posts: 31,095
Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: and now for something completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I just don't see L.A. getting a team. When Houston was awarded the expansion franchise the NFL was practically begging LA to come up with ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING to get a stadium plan in place. They could've probably proposed playing at a highschool stadium until 2050 or until a financing plan got done to lure the NFL there. Fact is no one is L.A. seemed to care. This is even after McNair and Co put together a plan that no one in their right mind would say no to.

It may happen in my lifetime but the older I get the more I doubt I'll see it. L.A. is a USC and Lakers Town who might be interested in the Dodgers were doing good. I think the NFL might do good to take a page from the Anaheim Angels.......

The L.A./ Oakland Raiders.

Because of the market size I just cant see LA not getting a team , even if its to play in someone's back yard . LA (7Million+) is almost twice the population of Houston (4Million) and thats pretty attractive . Being the second largest TV market in the USA is hard to overlook .


That does not mean I believe the team will flourish or remain in LA ..... The Rams and Raiders left for good reason .....
__________________



Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2008   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite
 
Goldensilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin
Age: 32
Posts: 5,143
Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: and now for something completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Because of the market size I just cant see LA not getting a team , even if its to play in someone's back yard . LA (7Million+) is almost twice the population of Houston (4Million) and thats pretty attractive . Being the second largest TV market in the USA is hard to overlook .


That does not mean I believe the team will flourish or remain in LA ..... The Rams and Raiders left for good reason .....
Not disagreeing with you one bit. I agree economically for the NFL there isn't any real reason L.A. shouldn't have a team. They just don't care and you're right they wouldn't flourish or stay there in L.A.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,098
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: and now for something completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Not disagreeing with you one bit. I agree economically for the NFL there isn't any real reason L.A. shouldn't have a team. They just don't care and you're right they wouldn't flourish or stay there in L.A.
Good post GS, but I would add that there are a lot of people in and around that area that do care about football. The difference being that they enjoy having the better games televised each week as opposed to being locked into the NFL's and Networks television rights with having a home team.

It's Hollyweird, what do y'all expect?
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger