Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-07-2008   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An Emmitt-ism to brighten your day

Figured some of y'all might could use a chuckle on a Wednesday afternoon.... Found this little gem on PFT's site:

A reader has passed along to us the following gem from former Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith, regarding the challenges presented by players like Pacman Jones, who’ll be a Cowboy if/when he’s reinstated by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Says Emmitt: “You can be with the guy and in his ear 24 hours a day, but at the end of the day you can’t be there the whole time.”

:elle:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
Old 05-08-2008   #2
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An Emmitt-ism to brighten your day

I love Emmitt. The man is a sound bite machine.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

lol I guess Emmitt is this generations Yogi Berra.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure if this was here before the draft but did any of you see the Emmitt Mock Draft...lol..Matt Ryan goes twice in the Top 8.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008emmitt.php

Sample

Quote:
Miami Dolphins: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College University
In the 2007 regular season, the Miami Dolphin became the first winless team to ever win a game in a regular season. Why did this happen, you ask? No talent in and around the locker room. You have Clyde Lemon at quarterback. You have Ronnie Brown at running back. He had been banged up. And you have Chris Chambers at receiver. He was sent sailin to San Francisco, or the Windy City, so to speak.

But Miami have a new sheriff in town. Parcells, or as some people like to call him, "The Big Dolphin." If you look at Parcells' history, he likes to grab quarterback with the first overall pick. He draft Drew Bledsoe in New England. He draft Vinny Testaverde with the New York. And now he will draft Matt Ryan from Boston College University
Old 05-08-2008   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm not sure if this was here before the draft but did any of you see the Emmitt Mock Draft...lol..Matt Ryan goes twice in the Top 8.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008emmitt.php

Sample
Quote:
Miami Dolphins: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College University
In the 2007 regular season, the Miami Dolphin became the first winless team to ever win a game in a regular season. Why did this happen, you ask? No talent in and around the locker room. You have Clyde Lemon at quarterback. You have Ronnie Brown at running back. He had been banged up. And you have Chris Chambers at receiver. He was sent sailin to San Francisco, or the Windy City, so to speak.

But Miami have a new sheriff in town. Parcells, or as some people like to call him, "The Big Dolphin." If you look at Parcells' history, he likes to grab quarterback with the first overall pick. He draft Drew Bledsoe in New England. He draft Vinny Testaverde with the New York. And now he will draft Matt Ryan from Boston College University

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Emmitt could be the dumbest person to graduate from the University of Florida.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Emmitt could be the dumbest person to graduate from the University of Florida.
He could've been smart back then. I'm sure he's had a few Aikman's since then.
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2008   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He could've been smart back then. I'm sure he's had a few Aikman's since then.
How do you explain Troy then? He had what 7 or 8 concussions and he's very well spoken...

Emmitt did get dropped on his head once in Chicago. Maybe that explains it.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
How do you explain Troy then? He had what 7 or 8 concussions and he's very well spoken...

Emmitt did get dropped on his head once in Chicago. Maybe that explains it.
Yeah, but I think half of his face doesn't work. He's all crooked when he talks.

He's a decent guy. I just call them Aikmans because he's had so many of them.......and he's a cowgirl.
Old 05-09-2008   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, but I think half of his face doesn't work. He's all crooked when he talks.

He's a decent guy. I just call them Aikmans because he's had so many of them.......and he's a cowgirl.
Emmitt is a very nice guy..he's as normal as normal can be and he's probably one of the few retired NFL superstars that escaped the game pretty much injury free. In all my years of going to the Cowboy games I can't remember one where he didn't play because of an injury. I do remember him getting dropped on his head jumping over a pile in Chicago and being paralyzed for an instance. He played the next Sunday though.

And surprisingly Troy quit not because of the concussions but because of a chronic back condition.

Emmitt is not very well spoken though. That's very true!
Old 05-09-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He suffers from equine macrodontia.....

Also, Troy loves him some sausage:

I can't really pick on Troy anymore. He's been away from the Cowboys long enough now, to give him his due...
Old 05-09-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Emmitt is a very nice guy..he's as normal as normal can be and he's probably one of the few retired NFL superstars that escaped the game pretty much injury free. In all my years of going to the Cowboy games I can't remember one where he didn't play because of an injury. I do remember him getting dropped on his head jumping over a pile in Chicago and being paralyzed for an instance. He played the next Sunday though.

And surprisingly Troy quit not because of the concussions but because of a chronic back condition.

Emmitt is not very well spoken though. That's very true!
I understand, man. I'm just ribbing with them a bit. Truth be told, I have no problem with either one on them other than being former cowpatties. I used to like watching Bill Bates too. Dude was a human missle.

P.S. Is it true Aikman thinks his shit don't stink? I've heard he demands the best of everything no matter where he's at.
Old 05-09-2008   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

I can't really pick on Troy anymore. He's been away from the Cowboys long enough now, to give him his due...
Haha.

Troy is one big dude. He makes Joe Buck look so small on TV, but Joe Buck is one big dude as well.

Troy even has a huge head. He is like a giant when you meet him.
Old 05-09-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I used to like watching Bill Bates too.
The Cincinatti Red / Milwaulkee Brewer??? He was only able to hang around the Majors for a couple of years.
Old 05-09-2008   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
P.S. Is it true Aikman thinks his shit don't stink? I've heard he demands the best of everything no matter where he's at.
My father and his co-workers were designing a house for him, and he had a fountain outside his house, and then when you walked in he wanted another fountain right in the greeting room. That was just one of his odd demands. He also had a pretty awesome outside grill, bar, and pool area planned for his backyard.

He ended up not building the house though, don't ask me why.
Old 05-09-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
The Cincinatti Red / Milwaulkee Brewer??? He was only able to hang around the Majors for a couple of years.
Nah, the white boy who played safety for the girls. The dude laid the wood.
Old 05-09-2008   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I understand, man. I'm just ribbing with them a bit. Truth be told, I have no problem with either one on them other than being former cowpatties. I used to like watching Bill Bates too. Dude was a human missle.

Well I don't KNOW Troy in any capacity other than a very casual acquaintance...I lived very close to him and I would see him both after games (that practice stopped not too long after his rookie season) and at local restaurants but to me Troy seemed to be a bit shy...quiet....he had the same group of guys he hung around with all the time so in that respect he was quite normal.

To be honest I've never heard anybody speak poorly of Troy. Troy is just a country boy at heart.

The nicest Cowboy I ever saw to fans and just generally was Michael Irvin. He always took his time to sign every autograph and he was very kind to all the kids. I never saw him walk away from anybody.
Old 05-09-2008   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Nah, the white boy who played safety for the girls. The dude laid the wood.
Right...

The other Bill Bates (from Houston) is a white boy that 'swung the wood' (bat).
Old 05-09-2008   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Right...

The other Bill Bates (from Houston) is a white boy that 'swung the wood' (bat).
Ain't nothing like a white boy swinging and laying the wood.
Old 05-09-2008   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Ain't nothing like a white boy swinging and laying the wood.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read