Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2008   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [Chron] DeMeco Ryans to be mic'd up on defense

Thought you DeMeco Ryans fans (Which is probably everybody) would like this. Off-season fluff, but cool none the less.

Link Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chron
Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans isn't used to hearing voices in his helmet. But that's about to change.

When Ryans takes the field next fall, he will be the Texans player designated to wear the new defensive transmitter, which was approved by the NFL's head coaches this offseason.
Watchout Peyton. There's a new audible caller on the field now.
Old 05-05-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Chron] DeMeco Ryans to be mic'd up on defense

Was there really any doubt that Ryans would be the guy with the transmitter?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Was there really any doubt that Ryans would be the guy with the transmitter?
I suppose not, but who do they give the other helmet to if Mr. Ryans cannot be in on the play for whatever reason.
Old 05-05-2008   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably whoever steps in at Mike or one of the safeties.
Old 05-05-2008   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

CC would be my guess for the alternate.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Doesn't Mario call plays for the D-line?
Old 05-05-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Doesn't Mario call plays for the D-line?
In most defenses, the Mike makes the calls for the front seven.
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2008   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
In most defenses, the Mike makes the calls for the front seven.
Yes but in the event that Ryans can't do it, would you trust a backup with calling the plays?
Old 05-05-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes but in the event that Ryans can't do it, would you trust a backup with calling the plays?
A Mike LB in the NFL better be able to make play adjustments, whether he is a backup or not.
Old 05-05-2008   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good question. CC Brown perhaps? The staff seems to think highly of him. Maybe Mario?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Good question. CC Brown perhaps? The staff seems to think highly of him. Maybe Mario?
That's why I mentioned Mario. I thought he called D-line audibles/plays/whatever at some point last season. Plus, he's a 3-down end I think.

I know C.C. is in on a lot of snaps, but I just don't know how that would work. I would think you would want your most intelligent player with the mic in his helmet, even though it's just to call out plays. I have no idea.
Old 05-05-2008   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
A Mike LB in the NFL better be able to make play adjustments, whether he is a backup or not.
Some are better than others, hence starters and backups.
Old 05-05-2008   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering DeMeco will be on the field unless *knocks hard on wood* he gets injured, I would suspect that his replacement would have the the back-up receiver in their helmet. I don't think you can have two on the field at the same time, therefore DeMeco and CC could never be on the field at the same time....

Just a thought.....

Bottom line, here's to hoping we never, ever have to find out.....
Old 05-05-2008   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's why I mentioned Mario. I thought he called D-line audibles/plays/whatever at some point last season. Plus, he's a 3-down end I think.

I know C.C. is in on a lot of snaps, but I just don't know how that would work. I would think you would want your most intelligent player with the mic in his helmet, even though it's just to call out plays. I have no idea.
I'm not sure if they'd even have another player in there to call the plays. Would Mario or CC (or whoever it would be) also have a mic in their helmet, but could only be turned on when Demeco isn't in the game? Maybe they'll just go back to using hand signals on the few snaps that Demeco is out.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #15
b0ng
Ooops

There will be 2 helmets that have mic's on defense, but only one can be on the field at a time. So if the worst thing possible happens, I don't know who it would be. Maybe they let "Smooth" Will Demps have the other one in case of emergency. You never know.
Old 05-05-2008   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't they just leave these boys alone and let them CONCENTRATE on football!! Damn, I miss the good old days when players just went out there and kicked the snot out of each other. Don't mind me, just reminising. (If I spelled that wrong, I don't care!)
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the interesting point of the article was the technical one.

Quarterbacks already have some issues with the system working, and hopefully they don't get involved with much contact.

How is this system going to working after DeMeco busts people up all game?
Old 05-05-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Some are better than others, hence starters and backups.
More physically talented, yes.

But to be a Mike LB in the NFL you have to at least know how to make play adjustments.
Old 05-05-2008   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe in time Adibi will be the backup miked player. Hes very inteligent and was a team leader in college. Cant wait to see him lined up next to Demeco.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #20
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

My guess? The way they had it before this change..
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read