Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2008   #61
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "It has been awhile..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Where's Thunderkyss when you need 'em?!

I know he lost that bet but man did he leave too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan
It actually is supposed to be funny and you give me neg rep what an ass screw you man can't take a joke.
Whoops, I thought you were giving out negative rep to people. I'll get you back later.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #62
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what....it comes and goes when someone deserves neg rep so be it but when someone is trying to be comical, thats a sense of humor... to a 16 year old you just got you're DL right well...cool. hilarious.

Another words I don't really care.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #63
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know what....it comes and goes when someone deserves neg rep so be it but when someone is trying to be comical, thats a sense of humor... to a 16 year old you just got you're DL right well...cool. hilarious.

Next time put one of these at the bottom of your post...

It's hard to judge intent over the internet.

P.S. - I will give you rep for you signature as soon as I am able. I laughed out loud reading that hahaha.
Old 05-05-2008   #64
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Are you saying that this entire thread is a joke? If so, it is very difficult to tell and you are probably lucky if you only got neg rep once.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #65
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously I can't believe its gotten past 1 page ONLY IN THE OFFSEASON!!:mshadows:

Nah but I am looking forward to a healthy team. Our best moves this past offseason will be to get the guys off IR. Think about all the guys who were out for a significant amount of time who will be back on the team this year: Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Duanta Robinson, Ahman Green, Jacoby Jones, Chris Taylor, Glenn Earl, C.C. Brown, Fred Bennett, Brandon Harrison, Brandon Mitchell, add to that just about the whole O-line. That will help us out a whole lot. Just the all the guys playing at the same time, getting used to playing with each other. It's a reason to look forward to the season.

I really like the prospect of Cajuan Thompson though. I believe he could be a good situational edge rusher opposite Mario. And if Travis Johnson and Okam show something in the middle man hold up.

At RB, there are basically five guys for three spots. If Ahman Green, Chris Taylor, Chris Brown, Darius Walker and Steve Slaton all perform well but... who is out?! I assume Darius Walker would be the first to go. I was thinking Ahman Green second, because the others are better fits. I was thinking he would go via trade to a team with a power running game, who needs a running back that can catch, but I think the cap number is too high and the commitment is too long for that. So, ultimately I think he will just get cut. They will take the hit this year, and be done with it for next year thats seriously IMO.

Last edited by Imatexanfan; 05-05-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2008   #66
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I thought it might have been a joke but after reading your post history you have said a lot of the same stuff before.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...194#post905194

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...103#post905103

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...067#post905067

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...260#post877260

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...735#post846735

If it was a joke it was not funny, but something tells me this post was not a joke.
Old 05-05-2008   #67
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

^^Exactly. Which is why I think he was being serious. Plus, someone said he was handing out negative rep.

Quote:

I meant give you a positive rep because I didn't realize you were joking, but you sound like a jerk, so no. You knocked me down one point, too (as in, I went from 1195 to 1194). Funny.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 05-05-2008 at 11:48 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2008   #68
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
^^Exactly. Which is why I think he was being serious. Plus, someone said he was handing out negative rep.

I meant give you a positive rep because I didn't realize you were joking, but you sound like a jerk, so no. You knocked me down one point, too. Funny.

Oh, he is giving out negative rep alright.

What is comical is that he is trying to play off his first post as a "joke". Typical crawfishing troll.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #69
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Mostly because you deserve the neg rep cuz you can't take it. You keep talikng smack which makes no sense because its been a run around from the beginning.

Screw it my join date was actually in Aug 2002, been banned 4 times and neg rep can't really count that high so you know what its been about 5 usernames and still y'all can't get a joke to a fact its slapped you in the face so IMO seriously I don't give a shit. You know why I'll be back tomorrow to screw with y'all. I'm just a pirate

Last edited by Imatexanfan; 05-06-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2008   #70
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mostly because you deserve the neg rep cuz you can't take it. You keep talikng smack which makes no sense because its been a run around from the beginning.

Take what?

Ridiculous takes, trolling, and general unreadability?

You're right I can't take it.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #71
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we were supposed to run this guy off the board with red rep. Instead I come back the next day and see he gain another green box. LOL. That's the definition of "Epic Fail".
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #72
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of talk about rep in here. Does it really matter?
Old 05-06-2008   #73
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

^^^off tha chain, maybe I'll be to 4 rep
Old 05-06-2008   #74
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
That's what I'm thinking. If you don't like his post, then just ignore it and it'll eventually be off the first page in a day or two.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #75
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
That's what I'm thinking. If you don't like his post, then just ignore it and it'll eventually be off the first page in a day or two.
Thats what I thought when I typed the first post. I think the Texans draft is risky way too heavy on potential and light on production. Sometimes you need some guys that you know can play, even if their ceiling might not be as high as some other guys. I think that they know Slaton can come is and play a 3rd-down back role, but I don't know that they can count on any of these guys to start right away.

When you're not picking up draft picks to start, you better be a lot better than 8-8. I'd give them a C-/D+ for that reason. It might work out, and I hope it does. Sometimes teams try to get too cute with their picks - Dallas did it for years way back in the 70s and came up empty a lot.
As far as the last pick, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Rosenfels to Minnesota trade go through now for a 2009 #2 which I'm assuming that they have one but seriously I haven't checked so don't know for sure.

Last edited by Imatexanfan; 05-06-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-06-2008   #76
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
It should matter but there are too many people abusing the system. I try to read every post but I don't have time. It would be nice to have a way to distinguish good posters from bad ones and that is what rep attempts to do. I have been on the site long enough to know who's opinion I think is valuable, but for new members and visitors it is nice to know who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

I don't only judge posts based on the posters rep, but it is a good tool to let you know who has insightful input and who is making things up because they think it is funny. I play a lot of Fantasy Football, so I read a lot of other teams forums for info. Join date/post count/rep are the only tools I have to distinguish informed football fans from 14 year old kids talking out of their backside.
Old 05-06-2008   #77
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats what I thought when I typed the first post. I think the Texans draft is risky way too heavy on potential and light on production. Sometimes you need some guys that you know can play, even if their ceiling might not be as high as some other guys. I think that they know Slaton can come is and play a 3rd-down back role, but I don't know that they can count on any of these guys to start right away.

When you're not picking up draft picks to start, you better be a lot better than 8-8. I'd give them a C-/D+ for that reason. It might work out, and I hope it does. Sometimes teams try to get too cute with their picks - Dallas did it for years way back in the 70s and came up empty a lot.
As far as the last pick, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Rosenfels to Minnesota trade go through now for a 2009 #2 which I'm assuming that they have one but seriously I haven't checked so don't know for sure.
Mind you I am not the biggest Cowboys fan. But Man if we were to get as "cute" as the cowboys with their draft picks in the 70's we'd have several hall of famers,have only missed going to the playoffs once in a decade, and won two titles.

If we trade Sage don't expect a #2 for him and I wouldn't expect Minnesota to be the one trading.

Far as potential vs production. I remember another rookie last year who had tons of potential who earned the starting nod and had 5.5 sacks along with an impressive rookie season at DT.

I'm not really one way or another on Brown but what I am learning is since Kubiak joined the organization they've hit on a lot of draft picks. Getting the #2 rated ILB on most boards in the 4th is sick and to nab a guy who had top 10 potential before his senior year in the 5th is crazy. I think Slaton will make a big impact because of how the staff will use him.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #78
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, make up youre mind! You start with this CRAP!

Quote:
Look I know all ya'll think draft went great well I don't. First of all we drafted some guy named Slaton at RB when we could have had Hester or even Charles from UT, he reminds me of Wes Welker of the Pats. No wait I got more, We should have gotten Craig Steltz the safety from LSU instead of X. Adibi whoever the dude is and whereever he is from. Its just like the VY and MW situation, it'll never end. Oh and for the haters IMO you can all kiss my ass.
Then you defend youre first post with
Quote:
I meant to say that David Hester reminds me of Wes Welker and to ya'll oh wait y'all (my bad cak) I can care less to what you think just stating my opiniion. My biggest objection is that I believe, and many fans and media have agreed, that the Texans lack "playmakers" on both sides of the ball. When you get a chance to draft guys that are rated to be immediate starters and possible dominant players at any position, I think the Texans need to take them. A couple of those types of players were around in the first, and some would argue even the 1st pick of the 3rd. It just seems like we are regularly drafting "projects". While they upgrade our talent, which I know is important for depth, we are still lacking impact players.

Not taking Mendenhall in the 1st done it for me.
Then you flip it and come with this.
Quote:
Me too wow its incredible ain't it.
Absolutley BS and look how y'all do wow anything can make a "splash" at this point. Don't ya love the offseason....hilarious.
And then defend youre flip with this crap.
Quote:
And then try to over it up with a serious post.
Quote:
Seriously I can't believe its gotten past 1 page ONLY IN THE OFFSEASON!!:mshadows:

Nah but I am looking forward to a healthy team. Our best moves this past offseason will be to get the guys off IR. Think about all the guys who were out for a significant amount of time who will be back on the team this year: Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Duanta Robinson, Ahman Green, Jacoby Jones, Chris Taylor, Glenn Earl, C.C. Brown, Fred Bennett, Brandon Harrison, Brandon Mitchell, add to that just about the whole O-line. That will help us out a whole lot. Just the all the guys playing at the same time, getting used to playing with each other. It's a reason to look forward to the season.

I really like the prospect of Cajuan Thompson though. I believe he could be a good situational edge rusher opposite Mario. And if Travis Johnson and Okam show something in the middle man hold up.

At RB, there are basically five guys for three spots. If Ahman Green, Chris Taylor, Chris Brown, Darius Walker and Steve Slaton all perform well but... who is out?! I assume Darius Walker would be the first to go. I was thinking Ahman Green second, because the others are better fits. I was thinking he would go via trade to a team with a power running game, who needs a running back that can catch, but I think the cap number is too high and the commitment is too long for that. So, ultimately I think he will just get cut. They will take the hit this year, and be done with it for next year thats seriously IMO.
Then you admit youre first post was youre real thoughts and flop again with
Quote:
You wonder why people neg rep you? You need to get a clue. I dont think youre original post was ever intended to be a joke. If you are going to make a joke make it a little more obvious with the use of emoticons. You sure didnt have a problem using them in all you responses.

Isnt there an ignore function on this BBS for people like this?

Last edited by mussop; 05-06-2008 at 05:32 AM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #79
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm the resident professional at adding people to ignore lists. Simply click his name, then choose "view public profile". From there, directly under his name, and avatar, you'll see two choices. Add "name" to your buddy list, and to the right of that... Add "name" to your ignore list.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #80
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I'm the resident professional at adding people to ignore lists. Simply click his name, then choose "view public profile". From there, directly under his name, and avatar, you'll see two choices. Add "name" to your buddy list, and to the right of that... Add "name" to your ignore list.
Rock on.

I didn't even know we had ignore lists on here.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read