Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2008   #41
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Default Re: "It has been awhile..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You might want to PM someone to do that, otherwise you could get a flood of negative rep.

i don't mind at all lol
Old 05-05-2008   #42
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks, guys. I didn't mean to come off like I was rep-begging or anything.
If you were I would negative rep you in an instant
Old 05-05-2008   #43
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
i've never been neg rep yet...........someone gimme a neg rep, just so i can see what its like
Sure, one sec ....

(just kidding!)
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #44
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Could someone explain the whole REP thing? I have never payed much attention to it.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #45
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Could someone explain the whole REP thing? I have never payed much attention to it.

yeah same here
Old 05-05-2008   #46
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
yeah same here
It is confusing. I did a little fishing around because a thread concerning rep points and how they work come up from time to time. Read up on this tread and see if that doesn't help.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

For those of you that don't want to read that link to a different thread about REP I'll just tell you right here:

Whoever has the highest rep at the end of the season gets an erotic massage from your favorite moderator on the forum.
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2008   #48
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
For those of you that don't want to read that link to a different thread about REP I'll just tell you right here:

Whoever has the highest rep at the end of the season gets an erotic massage from your favorite moderator on the forum.
Or from the real joker if we don't make the playoffs.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #49
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: "It has been awhile..."

I meant to say that David Hester reminds me of Wes Welker and to ya'll oh wait y'all (my bad cak) I can care less to what you think just stating my opiniion. My biggest objection is that I believe, and many fans and media have agreed, that the Texans lack "playmakers" on both sides of the ball. When you get a chance to draft guys that are rated to be immediate starters and possible dominant players at any position, I think the Texans need to take them. A couple of those types of players were around in the first, and some would argue even the 1st pick of the 3rd. It just seems like we are regularly drafting "projects". While they upgrade our talent, which I know is important for depth, we are still lacking impact players.

Not taking Mendenhall in the 1st done it for me.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #50
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks, guys. I didn't mean to come off like I was rep-begging or anything.

But I'm wondering if this guy and TiredOfSuffering are the same guy.
They could be related to Johnsonfan. When I first read the post my thoughts went to Johnsonfan...except that it was grammatically correct.
Old 05-05-2008   #51
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 137304 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1 View Post
They could be related to Johnsonfan. When I first read the post my thoughts went to Johnsonfan...except that it was grammatically correct.
lol
Old 05-05-2008   #52
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
I meant to say that David Hester reminds me of Wes Welker and to ya'll oh wait y'all (my bad cak) I can care less to what you think just stating my opiniion. My biggest objection is that I believe, and many fans and media have agreed, that the Texans lack "playmakers" on both sides of the ball. When you get a chance to draft guys that are rated to be immediate starters and possible dominant players at any position, I think the Texans need to take them. A couple of those types of players were around in the first, and some would argue even the 1st pick of the 3rd. It just seems like we are regularly drafting "projects". While they upgrade our talent, which I know is important for depth, we are still lacking impact players.

Not taking Mendenhall in the 1st done it for me.
Who the hell is David Hester? Maybe you mean Devin Hester, KR for the Bears, who was drafted in 2006. Maybe you mean Jacob Hester, FB from LSU who was picked by San Diego before we picked in the 3rd, and was widely considered a huge reach. If so, how does a 228 lb FB remind you of 185 lb WR Wes Welker? It doesn't make sense.

If you want to talk playmakers, we have AJ, Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, and Dunta Robinson when he's healthy. Jacoby Jones, Owen Daniels, Steve Slaton, Matt Schaub, Amobi Okoye, Xavier Adibi, Antwaun Molden, and Fred Bennett all have the capability to grow into that "playmaker" role, which is very cliche and overplayed by this point.

We didn't take Mendenhall because he is supposedly soft and because there was better value later in the draft at RB than there was at OT.

Quote:
People are mad that the Texans passed up on Rashard Mendenhall but I have to tell you that there is more than one team who used the "p-word" when describing Mendenhall. I never heard anyone from the Texans use it, but there is a thought that he is soft. If Jonathan Stewart had fallen to them at 18, I'm not sure that there isn't more conversation in the war room about him.
LINK

In conclusion, get a clue and get over it already.
Old 05-05-2008   #53
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
My biggest objection is that I believe, and many fans and media have agreed, that the Texans lack "playmakers" on both sides of the ball. When you get a chance to draft guys that are rated to be immediate starters and possible dominant players at any position, I think the Texans need to take them.
So Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Mario, pre-injury Dunta, Andre Davis, and DeMeco don't count as playmakers? These guys make things happen on their respective sides of the ball.

And just becuase a player is "rated to start immediately" doesn't mean they will be playmakers. Remember, these rookies are unknown commodities. It's laughable that anyone can be called a playmaker before they play a single down in the NFL *cough* Reggie Bush *cough*
Old 05-05-2008   #54
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw this thread the other day and never in a million years would I have expected it to last One page ..... So I wondered how the hell it reached three .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #55
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Because it's like a moth drawn to flame.

Message...board...posters...can't...resist...it... .........POOF!
Old 05-05-2008   #56
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Vinny?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #57
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I saw this thread the other day and never in a million years would I have expected it to last One page ..... So I wondered how the hell it reached three .....
Me too wow its incredible ain't it.
Absolutley BS and look how y'all do wow anything can make a "splash" at this point. Don't ya love the offseason....hilarious.
Old 05-05-2008   #58
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I just realized for the first time that you can review all the rep you've been given by clicking on User CP. :o
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #59
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Where's Thunderkyss when you need 'em?!

I know he lost that bet but man did he leave too?
I mean Jacob Hester, my bad.

Last edited by Imatexanfan; 05-05-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-05-2008   #60
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the LSU's back was Jacob hester. I would've liked it if we drafted him. Other than that, this is worse than most of the threads I start. I wasn't sure that was possible.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read