Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-03-2008   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys Mini-Camp

has started. reason for my interest is undrafted Texas Tech WR Danny Amendola. seems like a dead ringer for a Wes Welker clone & they picked him up un-drafted. I had even sent an email to the Texans to let them know (like an *****) he was available & would be a good short space fit here, but it didn't take the Cowboys long to pounce.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...081CAF2F0D987A

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys Mini-Camp

I played against Amendola in high school when he was at the Woodlands.

Even at the high school level, there are certain kids that when you play against them, you can just tell that they have what it makes to make it to the big time.

I wouldn't start the Welker comparisons yet, but I definitely think he has what it takes to stick in the pros.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys Mini-Camp

Speaking of seeing players on the field again, can we just tap the brakes a bit on rookie receiver Danny Amendola? OK, so the kid caught a few passes and run some crisp routes - basically against air - in the mini-camp.

Now all of a sudden, I'm hearing how there's no way the Cowboys can simply sneak this kid onto the practice squad.

What? Somehow he managed to "sneak" through seven rounds of the NFL Draft with 32 teams passing on him every time.

Sure, he caught a lot of passes last year in a gimmick offense. Lots of Texas Tech receivers have caught a lot of passes over the years. And only Wes Welker, especially once he joined forces with the best offense in the NFL, has productive in the NFL. So just because Amendola went to the same school, looks the same and has a similar build, it doesn't mean he's Wes Welker.

And please don't mistake this for me "hating on" Amendola. That's not the case at all. He might turn out to be a good player, one who could legitimately make this roster.

But the chances of him making the team were very long when he signed AFTER the draft. And I'm sorry but there's nothing you can do in shorts and a helmet, especially against nothing but rookies, where that should change.

He's still a long shot. Now, do all of that consistently against Terence Newman, Anthony Henry and Pacman Jones. And show off that punt return ability from college, and also be willing to run down on punts and kickoffs and throw your body around there. If that happens, now you might have a spot for this guy.

Until then, he's still fighting an uphill battle.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read